pixeltracker

Davie Replaces Osnes in A LITTLE NIGHT MUSIC

Davie Replaces Osnes in A LITTLE NIGHT MUSIC

ray-andallthatjazz86 Profile Photo
ray-andallthatjazz86
#1Davie Replaces Osnes in A LITTLE NIGHT MUSIC
Posted: 2/12/09 at 5:25pm

Davie should have gone to SOUTH PACIFIC and Osnes should have stayed with NIGHT MUSIC. Though the idea of Davie as Anne is just too good.

Erin Davie, who has been seen on Broadway in Curtains and Grey Gardens, has replaced the previously announced Laura Osnes (Grease) in the White Plains Performing Arts Center's upcoming production of Stephen Sondheim and Hugh Wheeler's A Little Night Music.

Davie will now play the role of Anne. Osnes is departing the production to succeed Kelli O'Hara as Nellie Forbush in the Broadway revival of South Pacific.

http://www.playbill.com/news/article/126260.html

"Some people can thrive and bloom living life in a living room, that's perfect for some people of one hundred and five. But I at least gotta try, when I think of all the sights that I gotta see, all the places I gotta play, all the things that I gotta be at"
Updated On: 2/12/09 at 05:25 PM

RentBoy86
#2re: Davie Replaces Osnes in A LITTLE NIGHT MUSIC
Posted: 2/12/09 at 7:08pm

Hm. Might have to get to White Plains and back to "South Pacific."

ashley0139
#2re: Davie Replaces Osnes in A LITTLE NIGHT MUSIC
Posted: 2/12/09 at 10:33pm

Sooo... how far is White Plains from the city?

"This table, he is over one hundred years old. If I could, I would take an old gramophone needle and run it along the surface of the wood. To hear the music of the voices. All that was said." - Doug Wright, I Am My Own Wife

raulmark Profile Photo
raulmark
#3re: Davie Replaces Osnes in A LITTLE NIGHT MUSIC
Posted: 2/12/09 at 11:57pm

White Plains is not far at all from the City. From Grand Central Station take the Metro-North to White Plains..takes about 30 minutes. I already checked the time-tables. Very frequent trains

RentBoy86
#4re: Davie Replaces Osnes in A LITTLE NIGHT MUSIC
Posted: 2/13/09 at 12:33am

But the question is - is the theater easy to get to from the train station.

ashley0139
#5re: Davie Replaces Osnes in A LITTLE NIGHT MUSIC
Posted: 2/13/09 at 12:58am

Yes, that is also the question.

"This table, he is over one hundred years old. If I could, I would take an old gramophone needle and run it along the surface of the wood. To hear the music of the voices. All that was said." - Doug Wright, I Am My Own Wife

raulmark Profile Photo
raulmark
#6re: Davie Replaces Osnes in A LITTLE NIGHT MUSIC
Posted: 2/13/09 at 12:59am

I would guess the theater is easy enough to get to. Probably a cheap taxi ride or even an easy walk. It's a small town, right? Usually the train stations are in the "down town" area, which has the theaters....

RentBoy86
#7re: Davie Replaces Osnes in A LITTLE NIGHT MUSIC
Posted: 2/13/09 at 1:08am

Good point.

I've always wanted to see this show live, so it might be worth the trip.

ashley0139
#8re: Davie Replaces Osnes in A LITTLE NIGHT MUSIC
Posted: 2/13/09 at 1:13am

The theatre website says to take a taxi from the train station to the theatre. Not sure how far that means it is.

raulmark Profile Photo
raulmark
#9re: Davie Replaces Osnes in A LITTLE NIGHT MUSIC
Posted: 2/13/09 at 1:17am

I want to see this show live also. I will be making that trip. An easy 45 minute drive. I drove 2 1/2 hours to Conn. to see "Big River"...I can do this without a problem!

bwaylvsong
#10re: Davie Replaces Osnes in A LITTLE NIGHT MUSIC
Posted: 2/13/09 at 1:33am

White Plains is pretty big, and there isn't any public transportation. You'll probably need to take a taxi, though since White Plains isn't THAT big, it shouldn't be too long/expensive.

RentBoy86
#11re: Davie Replaces Osnes in A LITTLE NIGHT MUSIC
Posted: 2/13/09 at 1:54am

Good to know.

somethingwicked Profile Photo
somethingwicked
#12re: Davie Replaces Osnes in A LITTLE NIGHT MUSIC
Posted: 2/17/09 at 2:28pm

Davie would have made a much more interesting Petra, but under the circumstances, I'm sure she'll be terrific.

Tonya Pinkins: Then we had a "Lot's Wife" last June that was my personal favorite. I'm still trying to get them to let me sing it at some performance where we get to sing an excerpt that's gone.
Tony Kushner: You can sing it at my funeral.

MichaelCassara Profile Photo
MichaelCassara

Videos