pixeltracker

THE TAPIOCA MIRACLE- A New Musical - Interviews w/ the Creators

THE TAPIOCA MIRACLE- A New Musical - Interviews w/ the Creators

hockeynut2
#1THE TAPIOCA MIRACLE- A New Musical - Interviews w/ the Creators
Posted: 2/15/09 at 12:51pm

The musical - that most complex collaborative theatrical form - poses the biggest risks and rewards for its creators. If the creative mix is right, if the show gets constructive feedback and support in its early stages, if the writers make wise decisions in rewrites, and the show gets lucky enough to attract talent and investors, we might - just might - be able to see the birth of a brand new musical.

The Tapioca Miracle was the brainchild of Washingtonian Larry Kaye (director, Musical of Musicals), and Philadelphians Eric Coble, (they co-wrote the book and lyrics) and composer Dan Kazemi.

I was invited to the first read-thru of The Tapioca Miracle at Blake High School in Silver Spring, MD, May 21, 2007. “There’s something about this crazy show.” he said. “I think it could make it.” And thus the decision to have DCTS follow the show, all the way to opening night. A second reading was held at the Cleveland Playhouse. I caught its third reading Monday, January 19th at the Walnut Street Theatre in Philadelphia. Here's what happened. Hope you enjoy the interviews. Joel

The Tapioca Miracle Interviews with Larry Kaye, Dan Kazemi and Updated On: 2/15/09 at 12:51 PM

musicalman2
#2re: THE TAPIOCA MIRACLE- A New Musical - Interviews w/ the Creators
Posted: 2/16/09 at 8:37am

Did any of the readers of this post have trouble with the link?
Mine does not seem to want to go through.

hockeynut2
#2re: THE TAPIOCA MIRACLE- A New Musical - Interviews w/ the Creators
Posted: 2/16/09 at 9:13am

I just tried it and it works. If the link below doesn't work for you, please go to www.dctheatrescene.com and click on the The red button that says: Theatre Schmooze With Joel Markowitz in the far right column.
The Tapioca Miracle Interviews

musicalman2
#3re: THE TAPIOCA MIRACLE- A New Musical - Interviews w/ the Creators
Posted: 2/16/09 at 9:54am

Thanks. I think it was just my internet connection.

Renee2
#4re: THE TAPIOCA MIRACLE- A New Musical - Interviews w/ the Creators
Posted: 2/16/09 at 11:24pm

How do you get an invite to attend the DC reading in March? I'd love to attend. Where will it be?

Videos