News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for Renee2

Member Name: Renee2
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

re: ZERO HOUR'S JIM BROCHU AND PIPER LAURIE Tell Show Biz Stories on CARRIE, Streisand & Lucille Ball
 Nov 24 2009, 10:21:55 PM
I am a big Piper Laurie fan and it was great hearing her tell the stories about the eating flowers PR campaign and Carrie. Thanks for recording it for us. It was lots of fun.
re: RAGTIME Producer ROY FURMAN on Bringing the show to Broadway on DC Thea
 Nov 11 2009, 12:09:06 AM
It's nice to hear a producer talk about why he loves a show so much as to invest in it. I hope the critics and NYC theater goers are as passionate as he is about the show. I'm looking forward to seeing it in mid December.
re: RAGTIME'S Lynn Ahrens and Stephen Flaherty Interviews
 Oct 21 2009, 02:10:11 AM
I saw the Kennedy Center production and can't wait to see the changes they have made for the Broadway production. Wonderful interviews.
re: Just Posted in BWW DC Room: A Theatre Lover's Guide to DC/Capital Area Theatres October Offerings
 Oct 1 2009, 11:12:46 PM
A great article. Do you have any names of ticket dealers who might be selling tickets to Streetcar?
re: CHARLES BUSCH Interview on DC Theatre Scene
 Sep 13 2009, 08:28:23 AM
Really funny interview! Where do I buy tickets? Any left?
re: Creating the Capital Fringe Musicals-Some on Their Way to The NYC Fringe-on DCTS
 Jul 30 2009, 12:13:11 AM
For all of you NYC Fringe goers, you are in for a real treat when
DIAMOND DEAD plays at the Fringe. It's a great rock score and is very funny and the cast can really sing and play. This show really rocks Don't miss it!

re: Spring Awakening's Angela Reed and Todd Cerveris
 Jul 12 2009, 01:44:30 AM
Nice interview. I saw the show tonight and I agree that Blake was great. Angela really was terrific. The show is still powerful and the score is beautiful. I hope Todd will get a chance to go on at The KC.
re: JENNIE EISENHOWER on Walnut St. Theatre's FORBIDDEN BROADWAY'S GREATEST HITS
 Jun 29 2009, 01:30:43 AM
I agree. She is such a great talent and I love this podcast. It's very funny.
re: Alice Ripley's Speech
 Jun 8 2009, 02:40:41 AM
After attacking Alice with all your ugly venom, why don't you do something decent-just congratulate her on winning the Tony tonight. She was entitled to say anything she wanted to after winning. And, when you all win your Tonys, you can say anything you want. Meanwhile, show respect to the actress who the Tony voters named Best Actress in a Musical. I'd like to see all you go on that stage and do better. Kvetch! Kvetch! Kvetch! It's ugly and it's getting old. As Sondheim wrote, Move on!
re: MARK KUDISCH 9 to 5 Podcast On DC Theatre Scene
 Jun 2 2009, 06:30:25 PM
What a fantastic interview. I loved Marc in 9 to 5, although I didn't love the show. He is such an a talented guy and very funny here in this interview. Great job!
re: ON DCTS: RENT'S TELLY LEUNG And Young People Do RENT
 May 25 2009, 10:42:45 AM
What a great interview! I am taking my grandkids to see the show on Tuesday and they go to Churchill High School. How nice of you Joel to give Churchill some PR. I know all the students who are going to Scotland are elated that you did this.
A Conversation With EDWARD ALBEE
 Feb 27 2009, 07:04:36 PM
I just read this incredible interview with Edward Albee. I think I will make the trip to see the show now. Anyone seen it yet? Care to comment?

re: KATHLEEN CHALFANT On 'A DELICATE BALANCE' at Arena Stage
 Feb 26 2009, 08:06:54 PM
The cast for Signature Theatre's world premier of "GIANT" was announced today, and it mostly NYC actors in it. Again, the DC area is putting NYC actors to work..
re: KATHLEEN CHALFANT On 'A DELICATE BALANCE' at Arena Stage
 Feb 26 2009, 05:25:36 PM
Last time I looked, DC area theatres have been employing lots of NYC actors in their shows. In fact, two productions that were at Arena Stage-Next To Normal and 33 Variations-and are in NYC now -employed many NYC actors. Also, Kathleen Chalfaant is a NYC based actress who has done most of her work in the Big Apple,
and has a lot of fans here.

I am grateful that this interview was posted, because I didn't realize that Kathleen was in the Arena Stage production. Kathleen is one of

re: THE TAPIOCA MIRACLE- A New Musical - Interviews w/ the Creators
 Feb 16 2009, 11:24:39 PM
How do you get an invite to attend the DC reading in March? I'd love to attend. Where will it be?
re: KAREN OLIVO on Playing Anita in West Side Story
 Jan 21 2009, 03:34:03 PM
I loved this interview! I agree blaxx. That was an interesting answer. I also loved Karen's performance, and I think she has a great chance of winning a Tony. I saw the show when they had the subtitles and I found them to be distracting. Thanks for doing this interview Joel.
re: WEST SIDE STORY Reviews....?
 Jan 8 2009, 05:40:51 PM
Did you read some of the comments that followed this "non-review"? They are not pretty. The good thing is there is a healthy discussion here, and hopefully the producers are paying attention to our thread and these comments. There's time to make more changes and I will definitely see it again when it opens in NYC where I live.

My favorite is:
Matt Cavenaugh (Tony) and Cody Green (Riff) are awful. I literally cringed every time they opened their mouths. Karen Olivo (Anita) is stupen

re: Photo Coverage: WEST SIDE STORY Opening Night Curtain Call
 Jan 8 2009, 10:18:50 AM
I was there and I had the same feeling. I left a comment at the other thread

https://www.broadwayworld.com/board/readmessage.cfm?thread=988182&dt=1&boardid=1
Anyone else see it last night?

re: WEST SIDE STORY Reviews....?
 Jan 8 2009, 01:23:41 AM
I was there tonight. I came in from NYC I have three cousins who live in the area and they bought me a ticket for my birthday. Was anyone else there? Interested in hearing your feedback. I thought Karen was ouitstanding-full of fire and passion. She stole the show from everyone else. Some great dancing, but the singing was, to be nice, quite subpar. The acting was quite uneven also. The Jets and the Sharks were hardly menacing. I don't think anyone of them would be accepted into any gang. My 5 y
Anyone see Les Miz at Signature Theatre?
 Dec 16 2008, 11:31:40 AM
I'd like to hear what you thought about this very dark production of Les Miz at Signature Theatre in Arlington, VA. I took my family there on Saturday at was not impressed. First the good news, Tracy Olivera as Fantine, Felicia Curry as Eponine and Chris Sizemore as Enjolras were fabulous. However, the two leads Greg Stone and Tom Zemon just didn't have the chemistry, and their singing was hardly inspiring. Mr. Stone rarely showed any passion as Jean Valjean, and he spoke some of his lines inste
You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You