Geridith
#50re: The new Billy Elliot love thread
Posted: 4/5/09 at 2:03pm

sun mat: trent/keean, tommy as tall boy, leah as mrs. w

bythesword84 Profile Photo
bythesword84
#51re: The new Billy Elliot love thread
Posted: 4/5/09 at 3:24pm

This means David's been out, what, two weeks now? That sucks.

And hang on, when did you win the discus?

Sparks of Blue Profile Photo
Sparks of Blue
#52re: The new Billy Elliot love thread
Posted: 4/6/09 at 3:11pm

Does anybody know if David A. is actually sick, or if he's out for some other reason? I'm paranoid that they're just phasing him out or something, because he actually was getting pretty tall last time I saw him... :o

WishingOnlyWounds2
#53re: The new Billy Elliot love thread
Posted: 4/6/09 at 3:32pm

re: The new Billy Elliot love thread

Here's a recent picture, no David...
I hope he gets better, if he is sick. I got the idea too that he might have gotten the boot but the producers are keeping it quiet but, I hope that isn't the case.

2008: Feb. 18- Rent, Feb. 19- Curtains, April 18- Xanadu, April 22- Wicked, April 26- Legally Blonde, May 31- Wicked, June 13- The Little Mermaid, June 28- Wicked and Young Frankenstein, July 2- The Little Mermaid, July 6- A Chorus Line and Legally Blonde, August 16- Xanadu, September 13- Legally Blonde and 13, September 28- Xanadu and Spring Awakening, Oct. 12-GYPSY and [title of show], Oct. 19- Hairspray & Legally Blonde, Nov. 9- Wicked and 13, Dec. 14-13, Dec. 26- Billy Elliot, 2009: Jan 1- Shrek, Jan 2- 13 and Wicked, Jan 4- 13, Feb 17- In The Heights, Feb 19- Billy Elliot, Feb 22- Sweeney Todd (tour), March 28- Mary Poppins, April 4- Mamma Mia!, April 15- Jersey Boys (on tour), April 25- next to normal & 9 to 5 May 1- Billy Elliot, May 3- Spelling Bee (tour), May 8- Chicago, May 21- Wicked, June 6- Everyday Rapture, June 23- The Wiz, June 25- Hair July 15- Shrek, August 9- Wicked, September 7- Rock of Ages, October 11- Next To Normal, October 23- The Marvelous Wonderettes, November 7- Ragtime November 29- Dreamgirls, December 25- Billy Elliot, December 30- Finian's Rainbow, 2010: January 9- Bye Bye Birdie, January 16- Memphis February 17- The Phantom of The Opera, February 18- God of Carnage, March 7- Billy Elliot, March 31- American Idiot

bythesword84
#54re: The new Billy Elliot love thread
Posted: 4/6/09 at 3:58pm

I too was wondering if he was fighting a losing battle with puberty but I am really hoping they all make it through the Tonys...

Edit: Actually, let's be honest, I just want them there as long as they possibly can be, I will be sad when any of them leave.

Updated On: 4/6/09 at 03:58 PM

Tom's Cat Profile Photo
Tom's Cat
#55re: The new Billy Elliot love thread
Posted: 4/6/09 at 4:15pm

I agree.

As for being too tall - A few weeks ago Greg said that Kiril was actually the tallest of all the boys but he was also the easiest to lift and carry. The reason being that he uses his dancer's ability to lift himself (leap) up on his - Greg's - shoulders at the end.

Meow!

Sparks of Blue
#56re: The new Billy Elliot love thread
Posted: 4/6/09 at 4:20pm

Whoa, that's interesting that Greg said that because I met all 3 boys last month and I'd say David was the tallest. I'm 5'5" and he was definitely taller than me, while Kiril was a little shorter still. They must just be in that phase of growth where their heights are changing constantly I guess.
But I agree, I really hope they all make it through the Tonys... that would be amazing re: The new Billy Elliot love thread

Geridith Profile Photo
Geridith
#57re: The new Billy Elliot love thread
Posted: 4/6/09 at 4:25pm

None of them have had nearly enough time yet, I really don't want to see any of them go yet either.

In the UK and AUS shows, the boys usually get a nice send-off on their last day when their time is up though, I kind of doubt they'd break the tradition. Unless everything is all funny because of the timing and Tonys and everything, who knows.

jennamajig Profile Photo
jennamajig
#58re: The new Billy Elliot love thread
Posted: 4/6/09 at 4:41pm

David was on when I saw the show in Feb (my first and only time, but hopefully eventually will see it again), so I am hoping he's just sick and not too tall. Though I thought I remembered reading a rumor somewhere that Tommy was brought into the rotation because one of the boys might be losing her battle with puberty (I cannot for the life of me remember where I read such a thing, though).

It would be wonderful if all the original Billys made it through Tony time. Can't an 11 year old just be tall? re: The new Billy Elliot love thread

bythesword84
#59re: The new Billy Elliot love thread
Posted: 4/6/09 at 4:46pm

I was under the impression Kiril was taller than David too but I'd say it was a really close call. I know I'm almost 5'8 and didn't have to look down very much to speak to either of them.

WishingOnlyWounds2
#60re: The new Billy Elliot love thread
Posted: 4/6/09 at 5:28pm

Does anyone know who is on Trent's right in that picture (the left while looking at the picture)?

I'm 5' 7" and David still seemed slightly shorter than me in February, but not by that much.

2008: Feb. 18- Rent, Feb. 19- Curtains, April 18- Xanadu, April 22- Wicked, April 26- Legally Blonde, May 31- Wicked, June 13- The Little Mermaid, June 28- Wicked and Young Frankenstein, July 2- The Little Mermaid, July 6- A Chorus Line and Legally Blonde, August 16- Xanadu, September 13- Legally Blonde and 13, September 28- Xanadu and Spring Awakening, Oct. 12-GYPSY and [title of show], Oct. 19- Hairspray & Legally Blonde, Nov. 9- Wicked and 13, Dec. 14-13, Dec. 26- Billy Elliot, 2009: Jan 1- Shrek, Jan 2- 13 and Wicked, Jan 4- 13, Feb 17- In The Heights, Feb 19- Billy Elliot, Feb 22- Sweeney Todd (tour), March 28- Mary Poppins, April 4- Mamma Mia!, April 15- Jersey Boys (on tour), April 25- next to normal & 9 to 5 May 1- Billy Elliot, May 3- Spelling Bee (tour), May 8- Chicago, May 21- Wicked, June 6- Everyday Rapture, June 23- The Wiz, June 25- Hair July 15- Shrek, August 9- Wicked, September 7- Rock of Ages, October 11- Next To Normal, October 23- The Marvelous Wonderettes, November 7- Ragtime November 29- Dreamgirls, December 25- Billy Elliot, December 30- Finian's Rainbow, 2010: January 9- Bye Bye Birdie, January 16- Memphis February 17- The Phantom of The Opera, February 18- God of Carnage, March 7- Billy Elliot, March 31- American Idiot

Sparks of Blue
#61re: The new Billy Elliot love thread
Posted: 4/6/09 at 5:33pm

No, but I was trying to figure that out too! That's Keean Johnson in the front next to Tommy, right?

WishingOnlyWounds2
#62re: The new Billy Elliot love thread
Posted: 4/6/09 at 5:35pm

Yea, Keean's in the front. I got a crazy idea, but I doubt it... but I got the idea it may be one of the new Billys? But, that could just be my crazy mind...

sgv123
#63re: The new Billy Elliot love thread
Posted: 4/6/09 at 5:37pm

That is Keean's brother.

WishingOnlyWounds2
#64re: The new Billy Elliot love thread
Posted: 4/6/09 at 5:43pm

That explains the resemblance lol

sgv123
#65re: The new Billy Elliot love thread
Posted: 4/6/09 at 5:47pm

Yeah, and then Tommy's brother is standing next to Kiril's mom (he has the long hair). I have seen them at SD...that is how I know that.

Sparks of Blue
#66re: The new Billy Elliot love thread
Posted: 4/6/09 at 5:54pm

Oooooh I was wondering who that was! Thank you for clearing that up :)

Liberavieve Profile Photo
Liberavieve
#67re: The new Billy Elliot love thread
Posted: 4/6/09 at 6:54pm

They wouldn't just send David off without any noise, would they? I mean, I know he's been getting tall, but I'm pretty sure that I've seen videos (or heard audio, anyway) of boys who've grown up a bit and whose voices have clearly broken and who, in their last show, have taken their keys down significantly rather than just... leaving.

sgv123
#68re: The new Billy Elliot love thread
Posted: 4/6/09 at 7:16pm

I am sure when David leaves it will be announced. They don't immediately leave as soon as there voice changes or they get too tall. That has happened alot in the past.

it'sjustshowbiz Profile Photo
it'sjustshowbiz
#69re: The new Billy Elliot love thread
Posted: 4/6/09 at 7:37pm

WishingOnlyWounds2, what is that picture from?

I'm glad to hear that they don't send the boys off right away. I agree that an eleven year old can be tall. I know a ten year old boy who is 5'8!

sgv123
#70re: The new Billy Elliot love thread
Posted: 4/6/09 at 7:42pm

That photo is from Trent's blog.

http://trentkowalik.com/

Tom's Cat Profile Photo
Tom's Cat
#71re: The new Billy Elliot love thread
Posted: 4/7/09 at 9:53am

I just saw this posted over at ATC:

"I just noticed that the New York Times has added a "Billy Elliot" TimesTalk event at The Times Center for the evening of May 18. Tickets are on sale now.

Director Stephen Daldry is scheduled to be there, as are cast members Haydn Gwynne, Trent Kowalik, Kiril Kulish, and Tommy Batchelor."

May 18 and no David? It certainly sounds like something's up. Why wouldn't they say anything?

TimesTalk

Meow!

Geridith Profile Photo
Geridith
#72re: The new Billy Elliot love thread
Posted: 4/7/09 at 10:56am

The event sounds amazing... already bought tix :) It does make me sad that David's not scheduled for it, can't be a good sign.

#73re: The new Billy Elliot love thread
Posted: 4/7/09 at 1:04pm

With all the talk about the Billy's various height issues, is it just me or is Kiril trying to look shorter in that pic?

Geridith Profile Photo
Geridith
#74re: The new Billy Elliot love thread
Posted: 4/7/09 at 1:05pm

Lol, I totally thought that when I saw it too.

Videos