pixeltracker

MARK KUDISCH 9 to 5 Podcast On DC Theatre Scene

MARK KUDISCH 9 to 5 Podcast On DC Theatre Scene

hockeynut2
#1MARK KUDISCH 9 to 5 Podcast On DC Theatre Scene
Posted: 6/1/09 at 8:52am

He?s the guy audiences love to hate, and this year, he?s earned a Tony Award nomination as the lying, sexist, bigot Franklin Hart, Jr in 9 to 5: The Musical. Marc Kudisch is any producer?s go-to guy for seductive bad guys; he?s played the snake in Roundabout?s revival of The Apple Tree, and the devil who turns three lonely women into a trio of beautiful high flying witches in Signature Theatre?s Witches of Eastwick. This time, he?s getting his comeuppance as the predatory boss in the Dolly Parton musicalized version of the popular 1980 movie.

Joel Markowitz sat down with Marc Kudisch in his dressing room at the Marquis Theatre after the May 24th matinee performance, to talk about why he loves playing Franklin Hart, Jr. ?One of the worst bosses on the face of the planet?, the journey of the show from LA to Broadway, and working with Dolly Parton and how he handles the physical demands of getting hog-tied 8 times a week.
MARK KUDISCH PODCAST ON 9 TO 5 ON DC THEATRE SCENE

Renee2
#2re: MARK KUDISCH 9 to 5 Podcast On DC Theatre Scene
Posted: 6/2/09 at 6:30pm

What a fantastic interview. I loved Marc in 9 to 5, although I didn't love the show. He is such an a talented guy and very funny here in this interview. Great job!

dihope0914
#2re: MARK KUDISCH 9 to 5 Podcast On DC Theatre Scene
Posted: 6/2/09 at 7:03pm

Imagining Mark in "The Unsinkable Molly Brown" makes my heart go pit-a-pat!

Videos