News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

2 Women Scenes

lovepinkgloves
#02 Women Scenes
Posted: 12/17/04 at 3:45pm

Does anyone know any really good, dramatic scenes for two women? It would have to be between 5 adn 15 minutes. It can be from a show, or just a scene. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

JaiLuver2007 Profile Photo
JaiLuver2007
#1re: 2 Women Scenes
Posted: 12/17/04 at 4:09pm

there is a scene in Arcinic and Old Lace...i dont know how long it is though...wish i could be of more help

OtherDaryl Profile Photo
OtherDaryl
#2re: 2 Women Scenes
Posted: 12/17/04 at 4:19pm

Suddenly Last Summer (Williams) - Catherine and the Nun
The White Whre and the Bit Player (Robert Patrick)
Uncommon Women and Others (Wasserstein)

"Love Life. Live." Michael Bennett
Updated On: 5/7/19 at 04:19 PM

Amneris Profile Photo
Amneris
#3re: 2 Women Scenes
Posted: 12/17/04 at 4:23pm

isn't there a really strong scene between 2 ladies in "the childrens hour" ?

Gothampc
#4re: 2 Women Scenes
Posted: 12/17/04 at 4:25pm

There's a lot of good stuff out there. Tell us the ages and types of the actresses.

'Night Mother
A Streetcar Named Desire

If anyone ever tells you that you put too much Parmesan cheese on your pasta, stop talking to them. You don't need that kind of negativity in your life.

umgeoboy Profile Photo
umgeoboy
#5re: 2 Women Scenes
Posted: 12/17/04 at 4:27pm

There are a few wonderful scenes between the maid and nora (ok i cant remember her name) in a doll's house. A very powerful woman and her maid who is really the mother to the children. It's a great scene with the dress when the maid brings it in. It is about 5 minutes long.

"Judy Garland, Jimmy Dean, You tragedy Queen" ~ Taboo

"Watching a frat boy realize just what he put his d!ck in...ex's getting std's...schadenfruede" ~ Ave Q

"when dangers near, exploit their fear" ~ Reefer Madness the Musical

lovepinkgloves
#6re: 2 Women Scenes
Posted: 12/17/04 at 4:44pm

We're 16 and 17, and I'd prefer younger-ish characters, but it really doesn't matter. Thanks for everyone's help!

#7re: 2 Women Scenes
Posted: 12/17/04 at 4:47pm

There's one from "PROOF" (proof is going to be in theaters, as a movie, very soon)... It's a girl whose father is dieing and her sister. Very dramatic

WOSQ
#8re: 2 Women Scenes
Posted: 12/17/04 at 4:58pm

This is a comedy, but tucked into The Women is a scene between the maid and the cook, and it is exposition exposition exposition and then plot points. It can be however, very funny. Think Irish.

Get someone to direct you.

Have fun.

"If my life weren't funny, it would just be true. And that would be unacceptable." --Carrie Fisher

Gothampc
#9re: 2 Women Scenes
Posted: 12/17/04 at 5:04pm

My Sister in this House by Wendy Kesselmen. Two sisters work as maids and end up killing their employer and her daughter. This play was the basis for the movie "Sister, My Sister"

If anyone ever tells you that you put too much Parmesan cheese on your pasta, stop talking to them. You don't need that kind of negativity in your life.

CurtainUp Profile Photo
CurtainUp
#10re: 2 Women Scenes
Posted: 12/17/04 at 5:10pm

Something from Laundry and Bourbon?

Rosencrantz: "Be happy - if you're not even HAPPY what's so good about surviving? We'll be all right. I suppose we just go on." - from Tom Stoppard's Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

Taryn Profile Photo
Taryn
#11re: 2 Women Scenes
Posted: 12/17/04 at 5:55pm

Agnes of God is a 3-woman play, but they're almost never all on stage at the same time. Most of the scenes are with 2 of them. Great play.

Jess1483
#12re: 2 Women Scenes
Posted: 12/17/04 at 5:57pm

There's a scene from a show called "Fallen Angel." I've never read the show, but the scene was pretty cool.

If ages really don't matter, there's a scene in Marsha Norman's "Third and Oak" which is also really good. High stakes, lots of character background. One character is about 24 or so, and the other is probably late 40s.

Why do we play with fire? Why do we run our fingers through the flame? Why do we leave our hands on the stove, although we know we're in for some pain? -tick...tick...BOOM!

Mamie Profile Photo
Mamie
#13re: 2 Women Scenes
Posted: 12/17/04 at 6:59pm

Something from "Imaginary Friends"?

www.thebreastcancersite.com
A click for life.
mamie4 5/14/03

Amneris Profile Photo
Amneris
#14re: 2 Women Scenes
Posted: 12/17/04 at 9:42pm

omg yes! Laundry and Bourbon has 1 amazing scene in particular in the beginning between hattie and elizabeth. Also "In The Boom Boom Room" between Susan and Chrissy.

Bwaychick84 Profile Photo
Bwaychick84
#15re: 2 Women Scenes
Posted: 12/17/04 at 9:51pm

Pizza Man
Isn't it Romantic
Sin
The Girl on the Via Flaminia (sp?)
Parallel Lives
Five Women Wearing the Same Dress

those are some I can think of off the top of my head that have been done in my scene study classes...

Amneris Profile Photo
Amneris
#16re: 2 Women Scenes
Posted: 12/17/04 at 9:58pm

-Steel Magnolias
-To Gillian On Her 37th Birthday (between Kevin and Rachel)

munkustrap178 Profile Photo
munkustrap178
#17re: 2 Women Scenes
Posted: 12/17/04 at 11:14pm

-Crimes of the Heart
-Women of Manhattan
-Proof
-'night mother
-tale of the allergist's wife (comic)

"If you are going to do something, do it well. And leave something witchy." -Charlie Manson

Videos