News on your favorite shows, specials & more!
pixeltracker

Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 1/29/23- Page 3

Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 1/29/23

WestEndGal
#50Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 1/29/23
Posted: 2/1/23 at 7:39pm

ACL2006 said: "Continue to be impressed with these numbers in the dead of winter. Could it be lack of choices? We're down to just 22 Broadway shows now with nothing set to start previews for a few weeks."

Yeah I think a lot of it is to do with there just being fewer shows available to watch and fewer choices. 

PipingHotPiccolo
#51Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 1/29/23
Posted: 2/1/23 at 7:42pm

Phantom4ever said: "Ugh here we go again with this ridiculous American stereotype of hearing foreign tourists speaking a language other than English and thinking "they don't speak English".

They speak English.
"

this confuses me. its a leap (or somehow offensive) to assume that tourists speaking French or Arabic or Japanese don't speak English? I sure as hell assume that American tourists in France, Egypt and Japan only speak English...

Rainah
#52Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 1/29/23
Posted: 2/3/23 at 10:48am

Because English is the commonly used language for a lot of business and entertainment, many more people will speak English as a second language and they will generally be better at it than an English person who took Spanish in highschool or something. The big English speaking Western countries - Australia, Canada, UK, and United States - all tend to be very dominated by English, whereas many other countries are a lot more multilingual by default. It's not a universal, but it is a well known trend.

Videos