News on your favorite shows, specials & more!
pixeltracker

Daddy Long Legs Opening Off-Broadway This Fall- Page 2

Daddy Long Legs Opening Off-Broadway This Fall

newintown Profile Photo
newintown
#25Daddy Long Legs Opening Off-Broadway This Fall
Posted: 8/19/15 at 12:19pm

I saw the poster the other day at Davenport's little theatre (modestly named the Davenport). It's a 149-seat tiny house that primarily presents short-lived showcases that no one ever hears much about. There are nine names listed as producers. It opens September 28.

RippedMan Profile Photo
RippedMan
#26Daddy Long Legs Opening Off-Broadway This Fall
Posted: 8/19/15 at 12:40pm

I can't imagine anyone expects it to run for forever. But it has "names" to it. So maybe this is just a presentation so that the rights are more coveted. 

VintageSnarker
#27Daddy Long Legs Opening Off-Broadway This Fall
Posted: 8/19/15 at 4:41pm

This is one of those movies I've avoided in part because of the dramatic age difference in the leads. Paul Alexander Nolan has an incredibly gorgeous voice and was easily one of the best things about Doctor Zhivago so this is on my list just for him. However, I'll be trying to get a ticket through 20at20 because I don't have any attachment to the source material.

Mister Matt Profile Photo
Mister Matt
#28Daddy Long Legs Opening Off-Broadway This Fall
Posted: 8/19/15 at 5:03pm

I loved the Broadway production of Jane Eyre, both the score and the beautiful staging.  Not a fan of what I heard from Emma.  Though it needs some tweaking and polish, I still thought Sense and Sensibility in Chicago was gorgeous and would easily see it again.

"What can you expect from a bunch of seitan worshippers?" - Reginald Tresilian

Copperfield2
#29Daddy Long Legs Opening Off-Broadway This Fall
Posted: 8/20/15 at 8:23am

A friend of mine who saw it in Chicago and liked it a lot. I saw the actress who is one of the leads in Sense and Sensibility and she was wonderful as Marianne.

Videos