News on your favorite shows, specials & more!
pixeltracker

Getting the band back together age appropriate

Getting the band back together age appropriate

actress00  Profile Photo
actress00
#1Getting the band back together age appropriate
Posted: 7/19/18 at 8:20pm

I’m thinking about taking my nephews to getting the band back together, however I do not know if it is appropriate for them, they are 12 and 13. If there is some innuendos, what are they? Thank you!

#2Getting the band back together age appropriate
Posted: 7/19/18 at 8:40pm

Probably not. Check out the first production’s reviews. One character describes his relationship with his friend’s mom, some thrusting etc...

My 14yo daughter has seen everything and anything and would be fine. Depends on the nephews. Personally I’d steer clear if it wasn’t my own kid.

dramamama611 Profile Photo
dramamama611
#3Getting the band back together age appropriate
Posted: 7/19/18 at 8:45pm

Since this is the 2nd post about taking your nephews to a show (lovely thing to do) wouldn't be easier to ask directly about reccommendations?

Have they seen any other b'way shows?  Will this be the first time?  What kind of things DO they like?   How mature/immature/sheltered (or not) are they?

Off the top of my head, I'd say School of Rock might be a great fit.

If we're not having fun, then why are we doing it? These are DISCUSSION boards, not mutual admiration boards. Discussion only occurs when we are willing to hear what others are thinking, regardless of whether it is alignment to our own thoughts.

actress00  Profile Photo
actress00
#4Getting the band back together age appropriate
Posted: 7/19/18 at 8:51pm

+dramamama611 I see u realized that I am stuck on what to take them to. They have already seen most shows like SOR and they have no idea what they want to see. The boys are pretty mature, but the parents are VERY strict on what they can see. Thank you!!

Bwayfan292 Profile Photo
Bwayfan292
#5Getting the band back together age appropriate
Posted: 7/19/18 at 9:02pm

Any disney show, spongebob, Wicked, School of Rock, Anastasia. Personally, I would take them to see The Lion King or Aladdin. Cant go wrong with disney. The shows may not be that great but for kids its a great time.

"Why was my post about my post being deleted, deleted, causing my account to be banned from posting" - The Lion Roars 2k18

dramamama611 Profile Photo
dramamama611
#6Getting the band back together age appropriate
Posted: 7/19/18 at 9:04pm

Ah,  I see your conundrum.

Other shows I'd suggest:   

The Play that Goes Wrong (not a musical)

Come From Away (a little bit of issue with language, an openly gay relationship)

Spongebob

Once on This Island

Maybe something OFF bway? 

If we're not having fun, then why are we doing it? These are DISCUSSION boards, not mutual admiration boards. Discussion only occurs when we are willing to hear what others are thinking, regardless of whether it is alignment to our own thoughts.

haterobics Profile Photo
haterobics
#7Getting the band back together age appropriate
Posted: 7/19/18 at 9:04pm

actress00 said: "+dramamama611 I see u realized that I am stuck on what to take them to. They have already seen most shows like SOR and they have no idea what they want to see. The boys are pretty mature, but the parents are VERY strict on what they can see. Thank you!!"

Harry Potter, Mean Girls, Spongebob, Play That Goes Wrong, and Head Over Heels(? I don't remember anything to racy about this in SF, but could be wrong)

Videos