News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

John Tartaglia

Alix7272 Profile Photo
Alix7272
#25re: John Tartaglia
Posted: 1/10/05 at 8:23pm

yay! i can't wait to see him in another role!

No Child: http://www.epictheatrectr.org/
I Love You Because OCR: http://www.psclassics.com/cd_iloveyou.html

FOAnatic Profile Photo
FOAnatic
#26re: John Tartaglia
Posted: 1/10/05 at 8:35pm

Actually he was cast as the title character in "Zanna!" but plans for the Broadway mounting of that show have fallen through for now...so John's next project is not "Zanna!"

His next project is a collaboration with Disney to create a new children's show that he will also act in. There are also plans for an Avenue Q TV series which I am sure he will have something to do with. He also has not ruled out returning to the show for a brief period at some later date. So far this is what Johnny's future plans are..."Zanna!" has been dropped.

"I love talking about nothing. It is the only thing I know anything about." - Oscar Wilde
Updated On: 1/10/05 at 08:35 PM

bjivie2 Profile Photo
bjivie2
#27re: John Tartaglia
Posted: 1/10/05 at 8:37pm

Any reason why Zanna isn't happening anymore?

Eeeeeeyyyyyyyyaaaaaaaannnnnddddd aaaaaaaiiiiiiiiyyyyyyaaaaaammmmmmmm teeeeeeeelllllliiiiiinnngg yyyyooooooouuuuuuuwwwaaaahh...

luvtheEmcee Profile Photo
luvtheEmcee
#28re: John Tartaglia
Posted: 1/10/05 at 8:43pm

Has he got any more plans to perform at venues like Joe's Pub? I *really* want to see one of his solo shows.

A work of art is an invitation to love.

surefinewhatever Profile Photo
surefinewhatever
#29re: John Tartaglia
Posted: 1/10/05 at 8:45pm

he has one more concert at joe's pub on jan 24. i dunno if he has any more performances there after that

" I don't cause commotions, I am one."

luvtheEmcee Profile Photo
luvtheEmcee
#30re: John Tartaglia
Posted: 1/10/05 at 8:46pm

Yeah, I know. I meant after that... sorry. re: John Tartaglia

A work of art is an invitation to love.

surefinewhatever
#31re: John Tartaglia
Posted: 1/10/05 at 8:48pm

well . .if u find out about any more upcoming shows. . lemme know too. .. cuz i'd love to see him perform in something other than Avenue Q

FOAnatic Profile Photo
FOAnatic
#32re: John Tartaglia
Posted: 1/10/05 at 8:48pm

I talked to Johnny at the Joe's Pub and he said if all goes well with the current ones he is hoping to make it a regular occurence.

As for "Zanna!" I can't remember why it's been postponed. I remember Johnny saying something about creative differences or lack of financial backing. I know it hasn't been canned permanently but it's definitely not on the horizon.

"I love talking about nothing. It is the only thing I know anything about." - Oscar Wilde

Jwei123 Profile Photo
Jwei123
#33re: John Tartaglia
Posted: 1/10/05 at 9:04pm

I really hope Zanna doesn't fall through! John would be his usual incredible self...but I'm looking forward to his possible Disney Project! Thatd be fun!

awkward.

"I think it was the Korean tour or something. They were all frickin' asian!" -Zoran912

broadwaystar2b Profile Photo
broadwaystar2b
#34re: John Tartaglia
Posted: 1/10/05 at 9:14pm

As most of you know, I'm a HUGE tartlet.
Although I am saddened that he is the first principal cast member to officially leave the show, he has been with Q since its original workshops five years ago and I am geniunely happy for all the sucess he has had.
And to leave you all with a somewhat corny but heartfelt last word, I have this much to say:
As beautiful as John Tartaglia is on the outside, he is even more beautiful and kind-hearted on the inside.

surefinewhatever
#35re: John Tartaglia
Posted: 1/10/05 at 9:17pm

hear, hear. . .i second that .. .he really is very nice (and funny!) in person

Jwei123 Profile Photo
Jwei123
#36re: John Tartaglia
Posted: 1/10/05 at 9:18pm

broadwaystar, I couldn't agree more!

awkward.

"I think it was the Korean tour or something. They were all frickin' asian!" -Zoran912

TabooWickedFan Profile Photo
TabooWickedFan
#37re: John Tartaglia
Posted: 1/10/05 at 9:24pm

broadwaystar i couldnt have said it better myself. one of the sweetest john is.

"But I relish every brillant inspired moment. This is who I'm determined to be- an actor/singer/dancer-no, I take that back, this is who I am. These people are my tribe, my destiny. I know it. -How I Paid for College; A story of sex, theft, friendship and musical theater.

FOAnatic Profile Photo
FOAnatic
#38re: John Tartaglia
Posted: 1/10/05 at 9:30pm

I ruv you broadwaystar2b!

Jwei123 Profile Photo
Jwei123
#39re: John Tartaglia
Posted: 1/10/05 at 9:31pm

FOAnatic, you always have the best Barrett photos!...that one is from this past halloween, right??

awkward.

surefinewhatever
#40re: John Tartaglia
Posted: 1/10/05 at 9:38pm

does ne1 know what vh1 show/special john tartaglia appeared on?

XxVeGanChaPstickxX Profile Photo
XxVeGanChaPstickxX
#41re: John Tartaglia
Posted: 1/10/05 at 9:42pm

Sometimes I wonder if I really am gay. Perhaps my whole life has been a mistake, and I read my emotions wrong or some such thing.

Then I see men like John Tartaglia, and I realize that yes.

I really am gay.

broadwaystar2b
#42re: John Tartaglia
Posted: 1/10/05 at 9:42pm

I ruv you oodles FOAntic!!!
and actually Jwei, that was one of Barrett's costumes for Kept if I'm not mistaken

broadwaystar2b
#43re: John Tartaglia
Posted: 1/10/05 at 9:44pm

SFW, John has been on SEVERAL VH1 shows:
Best Week Ever
Totally Gayer
Cheestastic
Big in '04

surefinewhatever
#44re: John Tartaglia
Posted: 1/10/05 at 9:49pm

thanx broadwaystar2b. . .u really do know alot about John. Everytime I have a question about him . . u have the answer. Thanx!

Jwei123 Profile Photo
Jwei123
#45re: John Tartaglia
Posted: 1/10/05 at 9:49pm

Veganchapstick, he seems to have that effect on many

awkward.

broadwaystar2b
#46re: John Tartaglia
Posted: 1/10/05 at 9:51pm

SFW, he really is the niciest guy and I just like spreading the Tartlet Ruv re: John Tartaglia

Corine2 Profile Photo
Corine2
#47re: John Tartaglia
Posted: 1/10/05 at 10:47pm

He is a wonderful person. He is good to everyone and you can't help but respect John as an actor, and as a wonderful human.
He is a true mensch.
Hoping that he gets everything he wants as he does deserve it.
Heard that Zanna did not fall through. Hope to see him in that very soon.
re: John Tartaglia
Updated On: 1/10/05 at 10:47 PM

Katecab99 Profile Photo
Katecab99
#48re: John Tartaglia
Posted: 1/10/05 at 11:34pm

i finally saw "avenue q" this weekend for the first time and i absolutley fell in love with john! i knew all about him before i saw the show and i mainly went to see him, but not only was the show fantastic, but i couldn't take my eyes off him! he has an incredible stage presence and talent, and after meeting him at the stage door, his heart and appriciation for his fans is just as incredible. he's one of those actors who recognizes the situation that he is in and the amazing opportunity that he has to be on that stage, and he appreciates it! i can't wait to see what he does next!

FOAnatic Profile Photo
FOAnatic
#49re: John Tartaglia
Posted: 1/10/05 at 11:49pm

You're right broadwaystar2b, this is a picture of Barrett when he was Blake in "Kept." He was hysterical in it of course!

I am very excited to see if Johnny's children's show on Disney comes to fruition. I myself am pulling for the Avenue Q TV series.

Videos