News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Spring Awakening Rush

LyTeMyCanDyI Profile Photo
LyTeMyCanDyI
#1Spring Awakening Rush
Posted: 8/17/08 at 9:13pm

How early should I get in line for rush tickets for SA tomorrow. Last time I got in line at 6AM and people were ahead of me. I don't want to go there and wait forever for no reason, so what do you think?

Megan Mullally as Karen Walker on Will and Grace: "Tell me more. Tell me more. Like does he have a car?"

luvtheEmcee Profile Photo
luvtheEmcee
#2re: Spring Awakening Rush
Posted: 8/17/08 at 9:23pm

I went at 9 a.m. this past Thursday. There were about 15 people in front of me when I got there, and then about 15 or 20 more (at least) came by 10:00. My seats were in the second row, all the way on the side.

A work of art is an invitation to love.

liotte Profile Photo
liotte
#2re: Spring Awakening Rush
Posted: 12/7/08 at 3:13pm

Anyone know how rush has been lately?

DRSisLove Profile Photo
DRSisLove
#3re: Spring Awakening Rush
Posted: 12/7/08 at 3:23pm

Weekdays you can usually get a ticket no matter when you go.
Weekend matinee rushes have been selling out as soon as the box office opens.

liotte Profile Photo
liotte
#4re: Spring Awakening Rush
Posted: 12/7/08 at 4:35pm

Thank you!

madscientist
#5re: Spring Awakening Rush
Posted: 12/24/08 at 11:57pm

How has the Sunday evening student rush been?

madscientist
#6re: Spring Awakening Rush
Posted: 12/25/08 at 10:22pm

Bump

Eponine Profile Photo
Eponine
#7re: Spring Awakening Rush
Posted: 12/26/08 at 3:09pm

I want to try on Monday...anyone do it recently?

madscientist
#8re: Spring Awakening Rush
Posted: 12/26/08 at 7:40pm

I don't think they have a show on Monday. Unless there's something special for the holiday season or something.

beltingbaritone Profile Photo
beltingbaritone
#9re: Spring Awakening Rush
Posted: 12/26/08 at 7:51pm

They don't normally have shows on Monday, as far as I know, but I do believe there is one this Monday. There was a link in another thread about the holiday schedule.

Men don't even belt.

Eponine Profile Photo
Eponine
#10re: Spring Awakening Rush
Posted: 12/27/08 at 12:12am

Yeah there should be one at 8 this Monday. People think 8:30 or 9:00 AM is good?

sgv123
#11re: Spring Awakening Rush
Posted: 12/27/08 at 12:17am

Is anyone here rushing the final performance?

Eponine Profile Photo
Eponine
#12re: Spring Awakening Rush
Posted: 12/28/08 at 2:15pm

soo...yeah...going to bump this again. Has no one done this recently?

jess_m_92
#13re: Spring Awakening Rush
Posted: 12/28/08 at 4:07pm

hey, i know that the chances of someone actually telling me the real time i should arrive for the closing night performance is nearly zero, but i live in Boston, and i was wondering what time i need to leave from here to get a decent seat....that is if there is even going to be rush for the closing night

any ideas?

coolkid11776
#14re: Spring Awakening Rush
Posted: 12/28/08 at 4:11pm

I checked at the box office last week and they said they still don't know if there will even be rush for closing night. Best Advice I can give u is to keep checking back bc they held the entire center orc back and I'm assuming they will release em as soon as they know how many they need.
Also if u really want to go I've seen tickets on ebay for $650 each and one on Stubhub for $350 my friend is selling her's think for $200ish.

Rent The best show on Broadway. I was at the closing. BEST night of my Life. April 29th 1996-September 7th 2008 12 years of love "No Day But Today"

coolkid11776
#15re: Spring Awakening Rush
Posted: 12/28/08 at 4:11pm

I checked at the box office last week and they said they still don't know if there will even be rush for closing night. Best Advice I can give u is to keep checking back bc they held the entire center orc back and I'm assuming they will release em as soon as they know how many they need.
Also if u really want to go I've seen tickets on ebay for $650 each and one on Stubhub for $350 my friend is selling her's think for $200ish.

Rent The best show on Broadway. I was at the closing. BEST night of my Life. April 29th 1996-September 7th 2008 12 years of love "No Day But Today"

legally_popular Profile Photo
legally_popular
#16re: Spring Awakening Rush
Posted: 12/28/08 at 5:38pm

No one knows if there'll be rush on closing night yet (I doubt there will be if they're selling out and people are willing to pay full price - a couple hundred bucks, unless they hold some specifically for rush which I doubt too), but if there IS rush I would definitely expect fans camping out overnight.

karebear88
#17re: Spring Awakening Rush
Posted: 12/28/08 at 11:52pm

from what i'm hearing...people are going to the saturday matinee then camping out...so they will start getting there at 4:30pm-ish the day before

dramamama611 Profile Photo
dramamama611
#18re: Spring Awakening Rush
Posted: 12/29/08 at 12:23am

They won't let them stay. They will keep clearing them away until after Sat's show...or at least DURING Saturdays show.

If we're not having fun, then why are we doing it? These are DISCUSSION boards, not mutual admiration boards. Discussion only occurs when we are willing to hear what others are thinking, regardless of whether it is alignment to our own thoughts.

jess_m_92
#19re: Spring Awakening Rush
Posted: 12/29/08 at 1:00am

thank you!
will there at least be rush for the matinee on sunday you think?

dramamama611 Profile Photo
dramamama611
#20re: Spring Awakening Rush
Posted: 12/29/08 at 1:32am

I have no idea if they will have rush tix....the rush line is for both shows at the same time. They won't let the line start forming until (I believe) 11pm.

Right now there are still matinee tix available, but none for the evening show.

If we're not having fun, then why are we doing it? These are DISCUSSION boards, not mutual admiration boards. Discussion only occurs when we are willing to hear what others are thinking, regardless of whether it is alignment to our own thoughts.

DramaQueen700 Profile Photo
DramaQueen700
#21re: Spring Awakening Rush
Posted: 1/16/09 at 12:11am

anyone been lately?

"The Light in the Piazza....My Love"

Videos