News on your favorite shows, specials & more!
pixeltracker

The St. Louis Muny's 2007 89th Season Discussion Thread- Page 3

The St. Louis Muny's 2007 89th Season Discussion Thread

greeneyed_one Profile Photo
greeneyed_one
#50re: The St. Louis Muny's 2007 89th Season Discussion Thread
Posted: 8/7/07 at 4:03pm

Here is a link to the Playbill.com article with production photos from the midnight rehearsal.
Playbill.com

greeneyed_one
#51re: The St. Louis Muny's 2007 89th Season Discussion Thread
Posted: 8/7/07 at 4:04pm

Also- here is a link to the St. Louis Post Dispatch's rave review.
Post's Review

munyfan
#52re: The St. Louis Muny's 2007 89th Season Discussion Thread
Posted: 8/7/07 at 7:01pm

I saw Les Mis last night, and wow. I am a season ticket holder and have been going to The Muny my whole life and this was by far the besy show I have ever seen at The Muny. I registered here, just so I could urge everyone who reads this to go see the show, if you don't you are really missing out. Simone was outstanding as Fantine. I LOVED Ivan Rutherford as ValJean. Diana Kaarina was incredible, the best eponine I have ever seen, better then Sutton Foster! I cried when she died. Kevin Kern as Marius is amazing. He was the best Marius I have ever seen, I loved him. Also, the little girl who played Young Cosette, Olivia Jane Prosser, was outstanding. I sat up close and not only was her voice great, she was adorable and her acting was very good!! She held her own up against the adult actors. Same goes to the boy who played Gavroche! He had a great voice and a lot of spunk. He was one of my favorites in the cast... I cried when he died. Also, the ensemble was great and added so much to the show. Especially The Muny Teens who played a huge role in the production and truly made it epic. Les Mis is one of my favorite shows and I have seen it on Broadway 2 times and I have seen the Touring company 4 times, but this was my favorite production of Les Mis by far. It was really neat to see it outdoors it added a lot to the show. Especially the song Stars. Jeff McCarthy was great as Javert and that song was just incredible. The huge cast, the great sets, and the fabulous Muny orchestra made this show.

sarab Profile Photo
sarab
#53re: The St. Louis Muny's 2007 89th Season Discussion Thread
Posted: 8/8/07 at 12:37am

Thanks so much for posting your reviews greeneyed_one and munyfan! Also, welcome to the boards munyfan! I am seeing the show tomorrow night for the first time. I have never seen Les Miserables and don't know even the storyline, so I am looking very forward to it! I will be sure the post what I think of the show tomorrow night after I see it! Here is a video of some of the footage of the show! Enjoy the video!

http://www.ksdk.com/video/default.aspx?aid=56501&bw=

Follow your bliss! I love Will Chase! I love Lisa Brescia! I love Stephanie J. Block!

greeneyed_one
#54re: The St. Louis Muny's 2007 89th Season Discussion Thread
Posted: 8/8/07 at 6:35am

If it is your first time seeing Les Mis I would recommend reading the detailed plot synopsis in your program as the show can be a little confusing at first. I hope you enjoy it as much as we did! I love your avatar by the way.

sarab Profile Photo
sarab
#55re: The St. Louis Muny's 2007 89th Season Discussion Thread
Posted: 8/8/07 at 9:52am

Thanks greeneyed_one!

Follow your bliss! I love Will Chase! I love Lisa Brescia! I love Stephanie J. Block!

sarab Profile Photo
sarab
#56re: The St. Louis Muny's 2007 89th Season Discussion Thread
Posted: 8/17/07 at 12:51am

I can't believe the MUNY season has come to a close! I ended up seeing Les Miserables a couple of times and truly loved it! It was incredible to say the least! I can't wait to find out what the MUNY has in store for the seven shows of the next season!

Videos