News on your favorite shows, specials & more!
pixeltracker

WAITING FOR GODOT 2009 Revival (to star Bill Irwin?)

WAITING FOR GODOT 2009 Revival (to star Bill Irwin?)

EugLoven Profile Photo
EugLoven
#1WAITING FOR GODOT 2009 Revival (to star Bill Irwin?)
Posted: 7/11/08 at 1:28pm

WAITING FOR GODOT is to be revived winter 2009, directed by Garry Hynes

DETAILS:
http://www.playbill.com/news/article/119400.html

Bill Irwin is rumored to star, since he will participate in the Seattle pre-Bway staging

Not my favorite play in the world. But pretty good potential if Irwin stays on-board. He's hilarious as Lucky (as proven before), but I imagine he's billed as Vladimir or Estragon (anyone know?) this time around. Updated On: 7/11/08 at 01:28 PM

Roscoe
#2re: WAITING FOR GODOT 2009 Revival (to star Bill Irwin?)
Posted: 7/11/08 at 1:37pm

I really really really hope this comes to NYC. I'll be counting the minutes.

"If they can get you asking the wrong questions, they don't have to worry about the answers." Thomas Pynchon, GRAVITY'S RAINBOW "Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away." Philip K. Dick My blog: http://www.roscoewrites.blogspot.com/

seymour krelborn Profile Photo
seymour krelborn
#2re: WAITING FOR GODOT 2009 Revival (to star Bill Irwin?)
Posted: 7/11/08 at 1:43pm

I'm excited for this! I love the production he did back in the 80's with Steve Martin and Robin Williams. I'm assuming this time he'll play Vladamir or Estragon instead of Lucky.

everythingtaboo Profile Photo
everythingtaboo
#3re: WAITING FOR GODOT 2009 Revival (to star Bill Irwin?)
Posted: 7/11/08 at 1:58pm

For a moment I freaked out and thought it was 1988 again! I'm very happy that Bill Irwin has really proved himself as an actor in the last decade, capable of headlining a play.

"Hey little girls, look at all the men in shiny shirts and no wives!" - Jackie Hoffman, Xanadu, 19 Feb 2008

DTC Profile Photo
DTC
#4re: WAITING FOR GODOT 2009 Revival (to star Bill Irwin?)
Posted: 7/11/08 at 3:45pm

According to the casting notice on Equity's website, the role of Vladimir is already cast; I'm assuming that's Bill. I too am looking forward to this one!

Videos