News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Xanadu

JohnPopa Profile Photo
JohnPopa
#25re: Xanadu
Posted: 1/16/08 at 11:16am

"I'm entitled to my opinion without being attacked!"

You haven't remotely been attacked. You've been criticised for the content of your message, which is what happens when you express an opinion around other people, particularly in a public forum of any sort -- people sometimes disagree and even go so far as to hold you accountable for the content and tone of your statement.

kate2
#26re: Xanadu
Posted: 1/16/08 at 11:22am

Be nice to Xanadu! :)

stupidmansuit
#27re: Xanadu
Posted: 1/16/08 at 6:12pm

I haven't seen the show yet, but I was expecting to love the CR, and it really has done nothing for me. I was so excited when I got it, put it right on the iPod, but I haven't listened to it once yet since the first day I got it.

Mealz1042 Profile Photo
Mealz1042
#28re: Xanadu
Posted: 1/16/08 at 9:14pm

well, I only spent $26 and I enjoyed every minute of it. I thought it was, as new york times stated "blissfully idiotic" it's a good chance to let go of everything bothering you and just laugh and stupid jokes. You're right, it is a piece of crap, that's the whole point. And it's short too so you don't get tired of ths humor.

<-- Gwen Stewart, SOLoist at the last show of RENT
Cages or wings? Which do you prefer? Ask the birds. Fear or love, baby? Don't say the answer Actions speak louder than words. (Tick, Tick... BOOM!)

adamgreer Profile Photo
adamgreer
#29re: Xanadu
Posted: 1/16/08 at 11:56pm

I was glad I saw it. It's kind of stupid, yes (and I think the show admits as much), but it was enjoyable enough. I had a good time, and left smiling.

I saw it through TDF, and felt I paid about the right price. I don't think I would want to pay much more. Also, the running time was just about right. Any longer, and it would have started to get on my nerves.

Videos