News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for AKTFan

AKTFan Profile Photo
Member Name: AKTFan
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

re: N2N seating Question
 Sep 19 2009, 11:08:21 PM
I have seen it twice, once in the 3rd row orchestra and once in front row left mezzanine. Of course, being up close is an amazing experience, but I actually enjoyed my seat in the mezzanine because I could see everything comfortably and the cast still appeared relatively close. (I believe the first row of mezz is row N of the orchestra). At one point Aaron looked straight at me and caught me staring at him, lol.
re: Casting notice: Catch me if you can
 Sep 17 2009, 10:00:12 PM
While I personally love Matthew Morrison, I think Aaron is perfect in the role as Frank Jr. I thought his singing and acting were great and couldn't see anyone else in the role for the Broadway transfer.

And no offense to Matthew, but he doesn't look like he can pass for a teenager any longer.

Where has all the love gone? :(
 Sep 13 2009, 12:52:45 AM
I attended this past Wednesday's matinee and Gavin (unfortunately) was not on. However, I was pleasantly surprised... Jay was fantastic and although I would have liked to see Gavin, when I closed my eyes to listen to Jay's voice it (to me, anyways) almost sounded identical to Gavin's. And just like Gavin, Jay isn't too bad on the eyes, either :)
re: Variety PANS 2 new eps of GLEE...
 Sep 12 2009, 08:46:09 AM
I enjoyed the second episode of GLEE more than the pilot, and I liked the pilot a lot. And hopefully one reviewer's comments from Variety won't make a difference whether people watch it or not. Watch it, then decide for yourselves if its for you or not.

If you watch Nip/Tuck and remember what seasons 2 and on are like, then you probably know what Ryan Murphy is doing with the tone and direction of the show. Granted, its not going to be THAT over the top, but still its very quirky and li

re: 'Perfect for US': The NEXT TO NORMAL love thread!
 Sep 12 2009, 08:35:15 AM
I saw Bobby and Aaron thru the stage door last night (Friday), but probably due to the rain they didn't end up coming out again. So maybe the 3rd time will be the charm today at the matinee.
re: GLEE kicks butt in the ratings against SYTYCD and America's Top Model.
 Sep 11 2009, 03:03:40 PM
FNL is shown in the fall on DirecTV first, then re-runs on NBC in the spring for the non-satellite subscribers, yes.
re: 'Perfect for US': The NEXT TO NORMAL love thread!
 Sep 11 2009, 12:31:38 AM
Came to NY this week for vacation and to finally watch N2N. It was definitely worth the trip and has been the musical highlight so far. The entire original cast was on tonight which was great to see (unlike Hair and WSS which had a few understudies in both shows on Wed. that I went to) and they were AMAZING. Watching it live, in person really makes you appreciate just how fantastic Alice is, and how well deserved her Tony was. Her facial expressions, tears.. the acting that she does and the energy she probably has to expend on a nightly basis is unbelievable. The entire cast, in fact, was fantastic. At the stage door afterwards, Jenn, who I have read on the board here doesn't sign very often, signed last night along with Louis and Adam. They were all very nice. Unfortunately, Alice's allergies were acting up according to the person at SD, so she didn't come out, nor did Bobby or Aaron Oh well, I might have to go watch it again tommorow night to get the other 3 autographs.
re: Aaron Tveit Returns To Broadway's NEXT TO NORMAL September 7
 Aug 27 2009, 05:26:27 PM
I bought tickets for Sept.10 about a month ago in anticipating that he would return.. and he is, yes!

He was fantastic in CMIYC-- he had a great command of the stage and was nothing short of spectacular.

This will be my first time going to see N2N, I'm looking forward to him and the rest of the cast putting on a great show.

re: Hunter Parrish
 Aug 27 2009, 12:07:14 AM
What aboout Hunter taking over from Aaron when he finishes his N2N run? I agree about is version of "Left Behind".... fantastic.
re: Variety says odds of Catch Me if You Can making it to Broadway are look
 Aug 13 2009, 12:41:17 AM
I'm definitely rooting for it to make it to Broadway next year. I can't wait to see the changes they make from the Seattle run if it gets there. I will be going on closing night for my 3rd time! (last time to see Aaron here in Seattle, sigh...)
re: Variety 'Catch Me If You Can' review
 Aug 9 2009, 10:37:51 PM
I saw "Catch Me" for a second time today (First time was opening night) and I actually liked it better the second time after being just so-so about it the first time around.

Like a lot of the reviews and the comments on threads say about this show, it does have some work to do to but I think its on the right path and in its current state is still a good show worth watching.

Today's matinee started at 1:30 and when I walked out and checked my watch it was 4:20. So yes, some of

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You