News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for amiliablair

amiliablair Profile Photo
Member Name: amiliablair
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

re: One question, Yes or No answer (about RENT)
 Nov 30 2005, 12:17:11 AM
YES
re: to anyone who's ever been in the ensemble of Jekyll and Hyde...
 Nov 25 2005, 03:48:22 AM
yea...good luck with that one!! haha! I think I ended up singing "murder, murder,... la la la la" every time until the actual show. The only tip I can give you besides practicing, and it might be too late, is to do something with your movements that helps you with the words, or just think about what words you will sing when you do certain moves. It is a lot easier to just think about one thing, so make it secong nature to sing "nerves jump" when you do whatever with your had...etc. GOOD LUCK!! T
re: Which of the 'Big 4' is your favorite?
 Jul 12 2005, 01:18:35 PM
1) Les Miz...most definetely

2) Phantom (the show...not the movie!!)

3) Miss Saigon

4) CATS

re: What Show are you Currently Doing?
 Jun 30 2005, 02:16:54 PM
Belle in Beauty and the Beast...GO Disney!! haha
re: SMILE, the Musical
 Jun 22 2005, 12:49:55 AM
Hey

Congradulations on your part!! That part should be a lot of fun. Like others have said, he is the pagent choreographer who always has a cigarette in his mouth...it is halerious. Our community theater did the show last summer, but I was at a voice camp so I wasn't in the show. However, I think that it is a realy fun show if done well. The music is fun and parts are pretty funny. I heard from some of the girls in the show that when the show that on broadway, the show sold out ever

re: CCM-musical theater
 Jun 19 2005, 01:25:45 PM
WOW!!

Thank you so very much for taking the time to give me some awesome experience-driven information!! I really appriciate your help!!

THanks again!

Jun 19 2005, 12:30:12 AM
Do CCM students have the opportunity to take classes involving liberal arts or other sciences, or does one participate strictly in performance related courses?? Sorry to keep bugging everyone!!

Jun 18 2005, 01:17:50 PM
THANKS!
re: favorite b-way song ever
 Jun 18 2005, 02:42:11 AM
Louder than Words- Tick...Tick...BOOM!

One Day More- Les Miserables

Point of No Return- Phantom

Living in America- Rent

Jun 18 2005, 01:28:29 AM
THANKS so much everone!! Another question: I am not a belter. I am a soprano with a voice that works well with rolse such as Emma in Jekyll ad Hyde or Eliza Dolittle. Will that be a problem at CCM?? I can belt to a point...but would definetely not be considered a big belter. I have a range, but can only belt to a B or C. Anyway, do they prefer belters??
Thanks again!

CCM-musical theater
 Jun 17 2005, 03:22:17 PM
I am an upcoming senior in high school and am definetely considering applying for CCM. Is there anyone that has auditioned for the musical theater program lately or who attends the school. I know that it is a fabulous program but was just wanting to get some advice on how to prepare this last year and how tough the admission process is. Is it more competitive than other schools?? I have a ton of community theatre experience and am strong academicaly. Do they recognize and award academics at all?
Disney's On the Record
 Jun 14 2005, 12:40:59 AM
I was considering going to see this show and haven't really heard anything about it!! Has anyone seen it or have any information?? I know it is a show with numorous Disney songs but do not know anything about the story...ect. !! Thanks!

re: CD's You're Embarrassed You DO Own
 May 24 2005, 01:08:09 AM
THANK YOU!! I am also a Hanson fan and am pround to own all of their cd's and the sheet music for most of the songs!! You all need to check out their latest cd "Underneath"! I know this sounds pathetic...but trust me they aren't bad at all! By the way, I have to say that I saw them in concert last August and it was great!! Here's to Hanson fans!!
re: Ted Keegan
 Jan 2 2005, 05:16:46 PM
I saw him as the Phantom in Nashville on the National Tour He was amazing. I bought his cd and really have enjoyed it!!
O'Henry Christmas
 Dec 4 2004, 02:29:01 AM
Does anyone know anything about a a musical called "An O'Henry Christmas"?? It is two short musical versions of "The Last Leaf" and "THe gift of the Magi". THanks for any information you know!
re: JOEY FATONE??
 Nov 26 2004, 10:29:44 PM
ah-yes-this magazine is from july! woops. I am behind with this show. I can't see him doing that role at all?? Does anyone know how he did??
JOEY FATONE??
 Nov 26 2004, 10:25:49 PM
I just saw a picture of joey fatone with a caption about him doing Little Shop of Horrors. Can someone give me info about this? When is this starting...how will he do...ect?? Anyopne got any opinions of how the show is now???
ACT I FINALE
 Nov 24 2004, 12:48:59 AM
I would have to go with Les Miz as my first choice and Rent as a close second!!
SMILE
 Nov 21 2004, 12:06:16 AM
Has anyone heard about this musical?? It closed around 1987. It's an awesome show and I was wondering if anyone had any pictures from the original cast or knew where I could find them!!
Thanks

re: overdone musicals
 Nov 20 2004, 01:14:14 AM
I am rfom Tennessee, and EVERY theatre here does Smoke on the Mountain or Sander's Family Christmas (the sequal) ALL THE TIME!! It seems like every night, you could see the one of the shows somewhere. They were off-braodway some time ago and are about a group of bluegrass musicians singing at a southern baptist church (like I said-I live in Tennesse)! The shows are great and halerious. I was even in one and had a blast...but gees!! leave some room for other shows to be done!!!
You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You