JOEY FATONE??

amiliablair Profile Photo
amiliablair
#0JOEY FATONE??
Posted: 11/26/04 at 10:25pm

I just saw a picture of joey fatone with a caption about him doing Little Shop of Horrors. Can someone give me info about this? When is this starting...how will he do...ect?? Anyopne got any opinions of how the show is now???

StateOfJade Profile Photo
StateOfJade
#1re: JOEY FATONE??
Posted: 11/26/04 at 10:27pm

Haha. Joey was already in Little Shop. It closed recently.

"I really liked the show--Wish I saw Boy's Night...Am I allowed as I am not a boy anymore:)"-duffyny1

erinrebecca
#2re: JOEY FATONE??
Posted: 11/26/04 at 10:28pm

Yeah, it was during the summer and it closed at the end of August.

amiliablair Profile Photo
amiliablair
#3re: JOEY FATONE??
Posted: 11/26/04 at 10:29pm

ah-yes-this magazine is from july! woops. I am behind with this show. I can't see him doing that role at all?? Does anyone know how he did??

millie_dillmount Profile Photo
millie_dillmount
#4re: JOEY FATONE??
Posted: 11/26/04 at 10:30pm

"...how will he do...ect??"

Hmmm, good question. I have no idea how he will do this considering the show closed a few months ago. Time travel, perhaps?

"We like to snark around here. Sometimes we actually talk about theater...but we try not to let that get in our way." - dramamama611

Crazy4MattMorrison52 Profile Photo
Crazy4MattMorrison52
#5re: JOEY FATONE??
Posted: 11/26/04 at 10:32pm

he was good, i enjoyed his performance 2 times. he wasnt hunter for sure but enjoyable.

"gimme a bottle of bourbon and half a chicken and i'll conquer the world!"

superperson
#6re: JOEY FATONE??
Posted: 11/26/04 at 11:44pm

I love LSOH, but I didn't want to see it with Hunter Foster. I thought he was simply wrong for the part. I would have liked to see someone more like Rick Moranis. But when Fatone reviews came out, many of them said that he had what Hunter was missing so I went to see it. Actually, Fatone's performance was very interesting and unique. He was almost dangerously self-conscious and tense, someone with really paralyzing social anxiety. This wasn't always effective theatrically, but it was an intriguing interpretation. The show really wasn't too great the day I saw it. Rob Bartlett (whom I was REALLY looking forward to seeing) was out and it was a week before closing so it looked like they weren't too enthusiastic. But I get the feeling that he was better than Hunter.

Tiny-Toon Profile Photo
Tiny-Toon
#7re: JOEY FATONE??
Posted: 11/26/04 at 11:48pm

arrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr
The man who killed little shop!!!!!!!
ARRRRRRRRRRRRR

fiyeros_elphaba Profile Photo
fiyeros_elphaba
#8re: JOEY FATONE??
Posted: 11/28/04 at 7:49am

Actually I was not going to SEE it because he was in it. I am not a fan of pop "celebs"ruining Broadway shows. But then I finally got pretty cheap tickets and went. I have to say he wasn't all that bad. I didn't like his acting too much,but it wasn'T terrible either. Yep, no Hunter...

*Peter Pan and Tinker Bell-which way to NeverNeverLand?Emerald City's gone to hell,since the Wizard blew off his command!

MagicToDo82 Profile Photo
MagicToDo82
#9re: JOEY FATONE??
Posted: 11/28/04 at 1:42pm

Theres probably already a thread about this, but how's the tour of Little Shop? Its coming to Wharton in March or April, and if Im around to see it, I think I might. I love Anthony Rapp!:)

There's always room for pathos - and jazz hands.

erinrebecca
#10re: JOEY FATONE??
Posted: 11/28/04 at 1:51pm

Anthony's last show with LSOH is December 12.

shlamdiddly Profile Photo
shlamdiddly
#11re: JOEY FATONE??
Posted: 11/28/04 at 2:14pm

Anthony Rapp isn't going to be in the WHOLE Little Shop tour!?!?!

You aren't feeling overwhelmed are you?

ShbrtAlley44 Profile Photo
ShbrtAlley44
#12re: JOEY FATONE??
Posted: 11/28/04 at 2:16pm

Joey Fatone actually wasn't too bad in Little Shop. My only complaint was his diction. I could barely understand a lot of what he was saying. I had ushered for the show enough times to know most of the dialogue, and still I couldn't figure out what he was saying. Updated On: 11/28/04 at 02:16 PM

Yankeefan007
#13re: JOEY FATONE??
Posted: 11/28/04 at 3:28pm

he wasnt that good...in fact, when i saw him in bryant park, he stank

QueenMuppet Profile Photo
QueenMuppet
#14re: JOEY FATONE??
Posted: 11/28/04 at 3:48pm

I thought he was excellent as Seymour. Very funny, great voice. I was very impressed, and surprised how impressed I was. re: JOEY FATONE??

QM

'He really wasn't good as Fieyro. Is it just me or does he sort of come across as a pimp? Just...the hand motions I've seen him do and the attitude..not that Taye is a pimp.' - SallyBrown on Taye Diggs as Fiyero

Videos