News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for purtynpynk

purtynpynk Profile Photo
Member Name: purtynpynk
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

Saying Goodbye to N2N: Your Favorite Memories  Dec 24 2010, 11:49:11 AM
because i've only been to New York once, i've only seen N2N once. Basically, we woke up in our hostel that morning and one of my friends said he had had a dream that night that two of the four of us had our names called at the lottery, but Alice was going to be out of the show. That was exactly what happened that night. I sat in the front row, first two seats, and I was just mesmerized by the show. I do remember crying a little bit during the extremely emotional part of the show, which was wei
Your Year In Theatre - 2010  Dec 22 2010, 10:52:28 PM
Well, I finally made it to New York this year, and while I was there, I saw three shows:

Memphis
Next to Normal
Hair

The following shows I have seen on tour in Chicago (my hometown) this year:

-Jersey Boys (final performance)
-Mamma Mia
-Stomp
-Avenue Q
-Shrek the Musical
-Billy Elliot
-Rock of Ages
-Million Dollar Quartet

Highlights:
Jersey Boys last show was by far the best experience i've ever had at the theater. Sle

Actor injured in Spiderman tonight  Dec 21 2010, 04:38:32 PM
well, as they say in show business, the show must go on...right?

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20101221/ap_en_ot/us_spider_man_fall

Actor injured in Spiderman tonight  Dec 20 2010, 11:17:00 PM
someone in the preview said that Spiderman fell on top of Mary Jane...so would that mean that both are injured?
Spiderman Preview Thread!  Dec 20 2010, 11:10:29 PM
Oh wow! I hope nobody is seriously injured!
TKTS or Rush? What method do you use?  Nov 28 2010, 04:11:23 PM
I'm a big rush person. I was in New York in January for four days and we saw three shows all for rush and lottery prices. I'm a college student with very little money, so i was lucky i even got to go to New York.
Broadway at the Whitehouse PBS 10/20/2010 9pm- Lane, Menzel, Kimball, Hamli  Oct 20 2010, 10:28:13 PM
if I remember correctly, it was a big meltdown about how happy she was about obama being elected, mentioned drinking in a hotel room and wanting to drink with the president. can't remember what else was in there. It just went on and on from what I remember.
Broadway at the Whitehouse PBS 10/20/2010 9pm- Lane, Menzel, Kimball, Hamlisch, Olivo, Stritch, Mcdonald, d'ArcyJ  Oct 20 2010, 08:58:13 PM
i'm curious to see if anything gets cut out! I saw it when it was streamed on facebook.
Ripley, Somers, Hansen, Hunton, Sadleir & Kushnier to Star in NEXT TO NORMA  Oct 20 2010, 08:53:35 PM
I must say as a Chicagoan who loved Jersey Boys and saw Jeremy Kushnier in the show a lot, I think he's going to be great in the role of Dr. Madden/Dr. Fine. If i wasn't excited enough about getting to see Alice Ripley (when i saw it on Broadway, she was out), now I get to see him perform too. Not familiar with the other actors as much, but I'm beyond excited for next May when it comes to Chicago!
Rock of Ages Tour  Sep 24 2010, 07:17:35 PM
I didn't know that. I assumed because of the vocal rest thing for Patrick and the fact that the girl who looked like sheri from where i had been sitting signed my playbill as Angela. We didn't get to see the board, so we really didn't know.
Rock of Ages Tour  Sep 24 2010, 01:48:31 AM
so, I was at the show tonight, and I thought I'd give my opinion. Never saw the New York production, so I can't really compare, but hell, why not give my input.

I personally thought it was a great show! Definitely had quite a blast. I didn't see any weak links in the cast as far as the acting and singing went. As I've heard before, Constantine is still great in the role. The understudy for Sheri, Angela Brydon rocked it and I thought she definitely had a great voice! Truthfull

Shrek in Chicago  Sep 3 2010, 07:53:39 PM
you shouldn't have a problem getting them. we bought them in the afternoon on a weekday and had no problem getting decent orchestra seats.
Shrek The Musical- Chicago- 8.19.10  Aug 20 2010, 10:20:49 AM
I saw the show on the 18th, not having seen it on Broadway, but I agree with most of what you said. I thought the set was underwhelming. I understand its a tour, and things have to be scaled down, but I thought they could have done better on it personally. I thought the acting overall was pretty great, and having listened to the soundtrack before the show, I did prefer "Forever" to "Donkey Pot Pie." I thought the beginning of the show was kind of slow though.

One thing I'm not sure I

Anger at Sondheim concert at Ravinia  Aug 2 2010, 10:50:50 PM
^^ the Sondheim concert was the first time i've ever been there and I've lived in the NW suburbs all my life too. Maybe not so weird. :)
Anger at Sondheim concert at Ravinia  Aug 2 2010, 06:17:08 PM
I was sitting on the lawn and we definitely didn't get kicked off. we were there until about 9 too. I agree with the comments that it was far too short. after the show, my boyfriend and I looked at each other confused that it was over so quickly. It was a great show though. Watching Patti, George and Michael sing "A Little Priest" together was definitely the highlight along with Audra's song from "Anyone Can Whistle." It was a nice night. Great weather, no mosquitos (a plus since i was ea
New HAIR tote bags  Jun 15 2010, 07:52:44 AM
I actually bought one these bags off the merchandise website. They said there were only 40 on there, and i jumped immediately to buy one!

http://www.hairbroadwaygoods.com/view/details/id/208/for/Hair_Billboard_Tote_Bag

STAGE TUBE: NEXT TO NORMAL Performs on GMA!  May 29 2010, 12:23:28 AM
I was simply making a comment. I am no child and I am well aware of Brian d'Arcy James' resume and how respected he is in this industry. I myself do have respect for him. I was just simply responding to what I thought about the video.
New HAIR tote bags  May 27 2010, 09:09:32 PM
UGH, I wish I lived in New York City. I saw Hair on my January visit, and I'd love to get one of those, but I don't live anywhere near the city....boo!
STAGE TUBE: NEXT TO NORMAL Performs on GMA!  May 27 2010, 07:47:00 PM
i've only seen videos of Brian on youtube, so I can't say much about his performance, but every single time I see him, I can't help but think of him as Shrek. Trying really hard to think of him as Dan, but Shrek just pops into my head.
Brian d'Arcy James Return to Next to Normal  May 17 2010, 05:54:41 PM
well, Time Stands Still starts back up on September 23rd, but i'm not sure when he'll leave to restart rehearsals.
You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You