News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for Abbade

Member Name: Abbade
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

Hamilton Cancellation Line
 Sep 19 2017, 08:52:46 PM

Hi guys, i'm planning on doing the line on the first week of october, so two questions:

1) I can only go on night show, my best shot is on going in a two show day afternoon or a single show day?

2) And what is a safe time to go to the line? i heard 12PM is good for a night show, but many people share stories of a short line by 3PM or even later.

I'm going on my vacation and the less time i spent on line the better. Thanks for all the good advice, this is a wo

Ghost Quartet to return off-broadway this October
 Sep 16 2017, 04:16:19 PM

LxGstv said: "I'm curious to why the age restriction though. I understand Then She Fell doing an age restriction because they give you alcohol, doesn't seem to be the case here...

To those who have seen the show, any idea why?
"

There's one scene where the audience can get a shot of whisky with the actors 

Dear Evan Hansen - Cancellation Line/Lottery/Ticketing Questions
 Sep 1 2017, 01:22:47 PM

JUST ANNOUNCED AT TELECHARGE: MLB will alternate the role of Evan Hansen with Ben. Michael will do all the matinees (wed/sat). Many peeps will be disapointed but, yeah, cheers for MLB and it's good to preserve Ben's voice!

Aug 31 2017, 07:46:49 AM

Just oficially announced: original cast (obviously),  it will play at the Fourth Street Theatre, a 65-seat black box space.

The run will go through  October 5-31. No ticket sales announced. 

Weird that they will play in a "normal theater". Dave was looking for something creepy. The last reincarnations wasn't staged at a arena stage?

Aug 30 2017, 08:45:50 AM

Mr. Malloy just published on his Facebook! 2-3 weeks this October. He's currently looking for  non-traditional venues;

https://www.facebook.com/permalink.php?story_fbid=10155783924889040&id=595644039&spotlight=1

re: Your Worst Musical Ideas
 Aug 28 2017, 08:40:37 AM

Scott Pilgrim: The Musical!

Each ex-boyfriend is a music style that matches his personality.

I can easily imagine Tim Minchin doing songs for this.

The Bands Visit discount code?
 Aug 24 2017, 10:26:20 PM

Age_of_Mendacity said: "This Telecharge code is for previews. Prices start at $49.

If you want to avoid fees, the box office opens Sept. 4.

Code: TBVATC17

"

Nice discount. This starts at Oct 9. 

Guys, i will be in town on the day of the first preview (oct 7 and . should I buy full price tickets or wait till a discount pops?

Thanks! 

Eliza? - My Fair Lady Revival 2018
 Aug 17 2017, 04:56:00 PM

JIMG3 said: "They have an Eliza. It's Higgins that's holding it up. "

Paulo Szot (2008 Tony winner for South Pacific) magnificently played Higgins on the Brazilian production of My Fair last year, he would be a good one imo

Ben Platt's last day in DEH is officially 11/19
 Aug 15 2017, 10:06:31 PM

Jets743 said: "herewegoabc said: "Guess this means he'll be working over Yom Kippur now? " 

I sure hope so. I just bought tickets today for Saturday September 30th at 8pm.
"

Did you bough on Stubhub? I will be in NYC in this week and really want to see the show with Ben. Thanks

Dear Evan Hansen - Cancellation Line/Lottery
 Aug 15 2017, 12:37:53 PM

Ben will leave on November 19th.

I will be in town for the first week of October. Will it be much harder to get tix? what are my chances via the Telecharge thing? Stubhub will be even more expensive, right?

When Pigs Fly revival to open on October
 Aug 14 2017, 11:27:40 PM

GavestonPS said: "Abbade said: ""When Pigs Fly, the comedic revue that had a celebrated New York run from 1996-1998, will make its off-Broadway return at Stage 42 this fall. Previews will begin on October 6 with an opening night set for October 30.

The revival of When Pigs Fly will star Jordan Ahnquist as Howard, alongside Taylor Crousure, Jacob Hoffman, Brian Charles Rooney, Frank Viveros, Cameron Mitchell Bell and Paul Sabala."

http://www.broadway.com/buzz/189421/howard-crabtrees-when-pigs-fly-to-return-off-broadway-for-run-at-stage-42/

This is the first time i hear about this musical. Should I see? I will be in NY in october, maybe I can watch it

"

You can download the OC album from iTunes and decide for yourself. The score is very witty, and one song (Laughing Matters) was recorded by Bette Midler on her BATHHOUSE BETTY album. (ETA I didn't post this to suggest you shouldn't ask for opinions here. Just want you to have all the resources.)

"

I will listen! Thanks buddy!

But there's some cases that, if people are raving about a show, I like to go to the theater without listen to anything. I will probably do this with The Band's Visit, and maybe with a When Pigs Fly. Shoud I wait for the reviews? or just go? what do you think?

When Pigs Fly revival to open on October
 Aug 14 2017, 01:15:38 PM

"When Pigs Fly, the comedic revue that had a celebrated New York run from 1996-1998, will make its off-Broadway return at Stage 42 this fall. Previews will begin on October 6 with an opening night set for October 30.

The revival of When Pigs Fly will star Jordan Ahnquist as Howard, alongside Taylor Crousure, Jacob Hoffman, Brian Charles Rooney, Frank Viveros, Cameron Mitchell Bell and Paul Sabala."

http://www.broadway.com/buzz/189421/howard-crabtrees-when-pigs-fly-to-return-off-broadway-for-run-at-stage-42/

This is the first time i hear about this musical. Should I see? I will be in NY in october, maybe I can watch it

Donna Murphy - Hello Dolly - RUSH
 Aug 11 2017, 05:36:14 PM

UncleCharlie said: "CT2NYC said: "They're also selling partial view orchestra and box seats for $47, which I personally consider preferable to the $39 rear balcony seats on TodayTix. 

Totally agree. If I'm not mistaken, the $39 Todaytix tickets are rear, side balcony, towards the very back of the theater. When you tack on the $12.50 service fee, you're paying $51.50. If you're OK sitting on the far sides, even

Donna Murphy in HELLO DOLLY!
 Aug 9 2017, 05:31:37 PM

There's a bunch of $39 tickets on TodayTix for Donna perfomances. Great deal!

Dear Evan Hansen - Cancellation Line/Lottery
 Aug 9 2017, 05:27:26 PM

I'll be in NYC on the first week of October so i've been following this wonderful thread and today i saw two tickets for October 5. Unfourtunately the Telecharge website is so slow that I lost haha. Or maybe it was a bug, cuz' it was a normal third row ticket for $149.

I will have to keep looking. Hope to see the show.....

Hamilton Special Announcement on August 11
 Aug 8 2017, 05:31:16 PM

Call_me_jorge said: "Just read a rumor the OBC will be reuniting for a week. Where, though?!

"

WHERE

Aug 8 2017, 05:16:29 PM

BroadwayConcierge said: "My initial thought is new cast announcements. But that seems like isn't as big a deal to do a social media lead-up (unless it's like, like, God coming to Earth to play Angelica).

"

Nah. They never those make teases. Not for new cast, no for album, not even for new productions. Usually they just drop those things.

THE HYPE IS REAL.

Aug 8 2017, 05:11:56 PM

Maybe, maybe, is the OBC pro-shot? A Man's gotta dream

https://www.facebook.com/HamiltonMusical/posts/1877797218913813:0

Maybe, The Great Comet isn't closing in August 13
 Jul 31 2017, 11:20:57 AM

haterobics said: "I like Rainn, but he doesn't scream box office savior to me?

"

Don't know if those people would buy tickets but The Office is pretty popular. Like, he have 5 million twitter followers 

Maybe, The Great Comet isn't closing in August 13
 Jul 31 2017, 10:24:59 AM

trpguyy said: "leighmiserables said: "Which one of y'all was the one who leaked the info about Ingrid being the next Sonya a day before the news came out a while back? Are you still out there?? If so, wanna help us out here again?"

That was me, and like I said elsewhere, the "star" they're courting would result in a collective "huh?"

"

Can you say if any of the names mentioned in this

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You