News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for Cat Guy

Cat Guy Profile Photo
Member Name: Cat Guy
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

Eddie Izzard working out new material at Vineyard  Aug 22 2018, 06:23:26 PM

Dolly National Tour cast announced.  Aug 9 2018, 04:56:02 PM

CAROUSEL Closing 9/16  Aug 7 2018, 07:27:08 PM

So happy I was able to see this production of "Carousel" (twice).  There wasn't anything about it I didn't like.  Renee Fleming was  wonderful.   My best to all involved.

What is the best show you have ever seen  Aug 7 2018, 07:08:20 PM

"Promises, Promises," London, 1969.  It holds a special place in my affections because it was the musical that introduced me to the incomparable Betty Buckley.  In 2019, when I see Betty's "Dolly" (which, I am confident, will be my favorite interpretation), half a century will have passed.  Much has happened in those 50 years, but my appreciation for the talent that is Miss Buckley has never wavered.  Thank  You !!,   Betty Buckley.

Broadway Protest at the White House  Aug 6 2018, 09:56:05 PM

Rosie had a heart attack a few years ago.  Since then, she has done wonderful work to help educate the public, especially women, about heart health.  As a three-heart-attack survivor myself, my respect for her knows no bounds.

This afternoon, she was interviewed on MSNBC about tonight's protest.  She is committed to equality for all, smart, articulate and funny....all the things Trump is not.  Doesn't matter if he's "home".  He wi

Broadway Protest at the White House  Aug 6 2018, 08:14:31 PM

Live feed

https://www.broadwayworld.com/article/Watch-Broadway-Protest-The-White-House-LIVE-on-BroadwayWorld-20180806

Broadway Protest at the White House  Aug 6 2018, 06:35:31 PM

Rosie O'Donnell and others.  Tonight.  Good for them.

https://abcnews.go.com/Politics/broadway-stars-rosie-odonnell-bring-music-protest-white/story?id=57059244

Tony winner Denis O'Hare is moving far away  Aug 6 2018, 03:58:34 PM

I have spent many happy hours in Paris, and plan to visit again soon.  But, there has been an increase of anti-GLBTQ sentiment in France that is very discouraging.

https://www.nbcnews.com/feature/nbc-out/paris-hosts-gay-games-amid-surge-anti-gay-aggression-france-n897916

What could be next for Bernadette Peters?  Aug 3 2018, 10:11:39 AM

In January, I'm taking the train up to Los Angeles to see her perform at the Walt Disney Concert Hall.  Very excited.  I'm confident she will stay busy beyond Dolly.

Betty Buckley in Hello Dolly  Jul 30 2018, 05:44:41 PM

DAME said: "Cat Guy said: "I have never attended a Betty Buckley concert on the West Coast or near-West Coast that wasn't sold out.....and I've attended many. Don't underestimate her name recognition beyond the Broadway Zip Code. She is extremely popular throughout the country, and has remained so for more than half a century. I am sure that the touring production of "Dolly" will succeed on her reputation alone."

That is not t

Betty Buckley in Hello Dolly  Jul 30 2018, 05:23:11 PM

SmokeyLady said: "When I saw her at the Wallis Center maybe a year ago they closed off the balcony and moved people down to the orchestra. Not anywhere near sold out. So lets not get delusional here."

And let's not get rude here.

Betty Buckley in Hello Dolly  Jul 30 2018, 04:22:45 PM

I have never attended a Betty Buckley concert on the West Coast or near-West Coast that wasn't sold out.....and I've attended many.  Don't underestimate her name recognition beyond the Broadway Zip Code.  She is extremely popular throughout the country, and has remained so for more than half a century.  I am sure that the touring production of "Dolly" will succeed on her reputation alone.

How do you feel about theatre-goers who rush the same show constantly?  Jul 14 2018, 10:03:03 PM

dashingdaisies said: "Maybe an even better conversation would be the even broader topic of when fan obsessions go too far?"

How do you know so much about this person?  Perhaps you are the one with an obsession.

Thank God the Gypsy Robe is now the legacy Robe  Jul 14 2018, 06:03:49 PM

This name change was absolutely the  right  decision.  Broadway will survive.  

Help me plan my August weekend!  Jul 14 2018, 01:21:33 PM

Dollypop said: "I know times have changed but I always have difficulty with these posts "

Then stop reading them. 

Re: Cole Porter in Sleuth (1972)  Jul 14 2018, 10:42:39 AM

Last night I watched the recent film "Goodbye Christopher Robin".  It is the story behind the writing of the "Winnie the Pooh" books by A. E. Milne.  This recording was featured, and immediately I recognized the singer to be Al Bowlly.  I'm happy to know that Mr. Bowlly is still remembered all these many years after his passing.

Broadway (The Street)  Jul 10 2018, 09:58:43 PM

Here in Southern California, PBS is showing a new documentary series:  "10 Streets That Changed America".  Tonight's episode, to be repeated later in the week, profiles Broadway.  Perhaps it is, or will be, available in your area.

https://www.curbed.com/2018/7/5/17537514/broadway-pbs-streets-wilshire

Re: Cole Porter in Sleuth (1972)  Jul 10 2018, 09:18:08 PM

Here is ten years of a forum dating back to 2006 asking the same question.  Perhaps you participated?  The general consensus seems to be:    dunno.  One suggestion is that Michael Caine was the singer.

http://www.soundtrackcollector.com/forum/displayquestion.php?topicid=7598

Hello Dolly tour  Jul 10 2018, 06:52:41 PM

On July 6th, in the "Betty Buckley" thread, you wrote that you hope to see her in the "Hello, Dolly" tour.  So why the dilemma now?

Re: Cole Porter in Sleuth (1972)  Jul 10 2018, 06:14:37 PM

PalJoey said: "I've always thought it was the 1930s British sing Al Bowlly, from Mozambique. No?"

Glad to know I'm not the only one familiar with Al Bowlly.  I have much of his music on my MP3 player and listen to him often when I'm out exercising.   If he isn't the singer in question, then I don't know who else it might be.  Sadly, Mr. Bowlly was killed in the 1941 London Blitz.

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You