News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for Andres_Zayas

Andres_Zayas Profile Photo
Member Name: Andres_Zayas
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

Some Like It Hot or New York, New York?  Apr 17 2023, 12:47:54 AM

Booked a side orchestra seat for Some Like It Hot! Thank you all for your advice!

Some Like It Hot or New York, New York?  Apr 16 2023, 12:20:18 AM

Hi everyone. I'll be going on a trip to NYC in May the week after I graduate from college! I've already booked tickets for Sweeney Todd with 2 friends, and will also be doing a two-show Saturday for Parade and Kimberly Akimbo! I have one slot left for a Friday evening show, and am trying to decide between Some Like It Hot and New York, New York. I wanted to even out the variety of shows I'm seeing with a big classic musical, and those two shows definitely fit the bill. Below I lis

Kimberly Akimbo vs Some Like it Hot Best Musical Tony  Apr 8 2023, 07:23:34 PM

I can see a scenario where Kimberly Akimbo wins Best Musical and Book, while Some Like It Hot wins Best Original Score. I know the latter’s score has had some criticism for the songs sounding similar to one another, but I’ve seen more acclaim for it than Kimberly Akimbo’s score. 

WAY TOO EARLY 2023 Tony Award Predictions  Jun 15 2022, 04:35:26 PM

ATerrifyingAndImposingFigure said: "I’m sure Leavel is campaigned as a lead like Streep was for the film"

That could be similar to The Prom where Beth Leavel and Caitlin Kinnunen were nominated together in Lead, but mainly if Taylor Iman Jones also has a shot at getting nominated.

WAY TOO EARLY 2023 Tony Award Predictions  Jun 15 2022, 11:50:33 AM

Best Actor in a Musical could be between J. Harrison Ghee in Some Like it Hot or Will Swenson in A Beautiful Noise if we get another MJ situation. As for Lead Actress, I'm looking out for Victoria Clark in Kimberly Akimbo, Adrianna Hicks in Some Like it Hot or maybe Luna in KPOP or Crystal Lucas-Perry in 1776. Featured Actor is currently less clear but Paulo Szot in & Juliet is a possibility given that David Bedella won the Olivier for the role. As for Featured Actress, I think Bonnie

Six vs. A Strange Loop: The Tightest Tony Race of 2022?  May 6 2022, 04:44:01 PM

I'm on the side of A Strange Loop winning Best Musical, but one scenario I thought of is where A Strange Loop wins Book and Score but still loses Best Musical to Six, similar to shows like Into the Woods, Falsettos, Ragtime, Parade, Urinetown, The Drowsy Chaperone, etc. 

Flying Over Sunset - Previews Thread  Jun 24 2020, 02:02:05 PM
Here’s a dress rehearsal picture from Tony Yazbeck’s Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/p/CB0plPnD8rh/?igshid=tpsyfn9qxjg3
Universal's WICKED Film - News & Discussion Thread  May 30 2021, 05:06:30 PM
I’d love to see J.K. Simmons play the Wizard. Either that or he could play Max von Mayerling in the Sunset Boulevard movie if it materializes anytime soon
Dreamcast: Desiree Armfeldt  Jun 24 2020, 08:32:31 PM
Emma Stone when she’s old enough
DEAR EVAN HANSEN Film In The Works  Jun 12 2020, 01:39:03 PM

Jordan Catalano said: "If we’re not getting the “Next To Normal” movie with Toni Collette, then I want her as Heidi in this film. "

I SECOND THIS!!!!

Adaptations You Would Like To See?  Mar 30 2020, 03:21:18 PM
Knives Out or Booksmart
Your Ideal Broadway  Mar 17 2020, 08:41:47 PM
For the shows, I picked past and current shows that ran or are planned to do so in the theatres mentioned:

Al Hirschfeld - Kinky Boots
Ambassador - Dreamgirls
American Airlines - 1776
August Wilson - Groundhog Day
Belasco - Hedwig and the Angry Inch
Bernard B. Jacobs - Company
Booth - Next to Normal
Broadhurst - Mamma Mia!
Broadway - Miss Saigon
Brooks Atkinson - Waitress
Circle in the Square - Once on This Island or Fun Home
Cort - Indecent

Hadestown cast replacements  Feb 7 2020, 12:22:30 PM
Shuler Hensley would be my top choice for Hades, though he’d be busy with The Music Man starting this fall
Disney to distribute and release HAMILTON film with OBC in Oct. 2021  Feb 3 2020, 12:37:35 PM

jacobsnchz14 said: "Was the Wicked film scheduled for October or December? Hope it's December at this point... for Universal's sake. haha.

Future release on DVD & Blu-Ray is also included in the deal signed with The Walt Disney Company.

The world-wide theatrical rights for “Hamilton” sold to Disney for more than $50 million, two of the people with knowledge of the deal talks said.

The original Broadway cast appearing in the film include Tony Award® winners Lin-Manuel Miranda as Alexander Hamilton; Daveed Diggs as Marquis de Lafayette/Thomas Jefferson; Renée Elise Goldsberry as Angelica Schuyler; Leslie Odom, Jr. as Aaron Burr; Tony Award® nominees Christopher Jackson as George Washington; Jonathan Groff as King George; Phillipa Soo as Eliza Hamilton; and Jasmine Cephas Jones as Peggy Schuyler/Maria Reynolds; Okieriete Onaodowan as Hercules Mulligan/James Madison; and Anthony Ramos as John Laurens/Philip Hamilton. The cast also includes Carleigh Bettiol, Ariana DeBose, Hope Easterbrook, Sydney James Harcourt, Sasha Hutchings, Thayne Jasperson, Elizabeth Judd, Jon Rua, Austin Smith, Seth Stewart, and Ephraim Sykes.

http://filmedonstage.com/news/67-disney-to-release-hamilton-film-with-original-broadway-cast-in-2021?fbclid=IwAR16oi77R69AhCIg0k_ae4eYdngYvWYmJd9GtefG6ab_cMId36rxr7UNAT0
"

The release date is December 2021, but I joked that after all it’s delays it would probably not be released until the year 20,201

Disney to distribute and release HAMILTON film with OBC in Oct. 2021  Feb 3 2020, 12:30:02 PM

Huss417 said: "Before BroadwayWorld corrects this I thought it was amusing the date of release.

Lin-Manuel Miranda announced on Twitter today that Disney will present the HAMILTON movie featuring the original Broadway cast (filmed live on stage) October 15, 20201.

https://www.broadwayworld.com/article/Lin-Manuel-Miranda-Announces-Screening-Date-For-HAMILTON-Movie-Featuring-Original-Broadway-Cast-20200203

"

Maybe they accidentally put the Wicked movie’s release date?

The Music Man Revival post Jackman and Foster  Jan 21 2020, 12:36:12 PM
I’d love to see either Seth MacFarlane or Chris Diamantopolous as Harold Hill, though I doubt McFarlane would have the time to do it or if either actor would be as big of a draw as Jackman.
Frozen beyond Caissie Levy (Elsa) and Patti Murin (Anna)...casting news?  Jan 15 2020, 09:21:08 AM

Melissa25 said: "https://broadwaynews.com/2020/01/15/ciara-renee-to-star-as-elsa-in-frozen-opposite-mckenzie-kurtz/"

I honestly suggested Ciara Renée as Elsa just as a fun guess, so it’s amazing to see it come true!

Frozen beyond Caissie Levy (Elsa) and Patti Murin (Anna)...casting news?  Dec 27 2019, 11:26:15 PM

ElphabaGoodman said: "The next Elsa is not white. "

Ciara Renée?

Way Too Early 2020 Tony Predictions thread  Dec 12 2019, 11:49:11 AM
Could Jay O. Sanders be a contender for Best Actor in a Musical for Girl From the North Country? Ciaran Hinds received an Olivier nomination for Best Actor for the same role, though some see Sanders as more likely to be nominated for Featured Actor.
The Devil Wears Prada  Dec 5 2019, 12:32:28 PM

Alex Kulak2 said: "They're really gonna make me wait that long for new Shaina Taub songs, huh..."

Assuming it transfers in Spring 2022 and releases the cast recording that summer, I absolutely feel your pain...

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You