News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for ijest22

Member Name: ijest22
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

Gatsby or Merrily?
 May 11 2024, 09:22:49 AM

If cost is a consideration, I imagine a ticket to Gatsby can be had much cheaper than one for Merrily.  

What’s going on at Second Stage?
 May 2 2024, 07:28:57 PM

I was wondering the same thing. I’ve been a subscriber for years, and they usually ask you to resubscribe by now. Crickets. 

LEMPICKA closing May 19
 May 2 2024, 06:48:01 PM

Braniff Forever said: "So which show will be next? Heart of Rock and Roll? Great Gatsby?"

Seems like Gatsby will likely wait until the grosses dip consistently below $1 million. 

THE SHINING opera will receive a cast recording
 Mar 8 2024, 11:04:42 AM

God, no. I don’t need to hear that again. 

Cynthia Nixon in The New Group's THE SEVEN YEAR DISAPPEAR
 Feb 16 2024, 09:51:13 AM

Jordan Catalano said: "This is the best acting Trensch has ever done."

That’s saying something. Did you see him in Curious Incident?  One of the most amazing performances I’ve ever seen. 

Biggest Tony Award Snubs Ever
 Oct 7 2023, 10:11:37 PM

Radcliffe for How to Succeed. That made no sense. 

Glynis Johns is 100
 Oct 5 2023, 10:25:13 PM

Lady Penelope Peasoup!

ellen's stardust
 Aug 31 2023, 04:47:24 PM

JSquared2 said: "NiceWork2 said: "this is a bizarre post that i'm writing here. Look, i'd never been to ellen's before, i know about the history behind the place and there are always long lines there, but i just had never been there before. Long lines in ny usually mean a place is worth getting into.

Is that why there are usually long lines pre-theatre to get into the Times Square Olive Garden and Applebees??

I know you&rsquo

Annie Baker's New Signature Play POSTPONED
 Aug 22 2023, 11:29:34 PM

blaxx said: "pathman2 said: "Did anyone see the first preview last night (8/18)? So curious about this one!"

And is it about anything or makes any sense?
"

I’m sure it is about something, but I’m not exactly sure what that is. Maybe how we all live with pain and find a way to find joy in life nonetheless?  It certainly makes sense on a basic level. No plot.   Just somewhat odd people trying to muddle through. The act

Tysen & Howland’s GATSBY musical team announced
 Aug 14 2023, 12:14:41 PM

Ditto!

PARADE On Broadway - News & Discussion Thread
 Aug 5 2023, 12:02:22 PM

Given the success of Parade, is anyone privy to why they didn’t stunt cast and run for another month or so? Skylar, Jeremy, Brandon?

Fast lunch in TS area?
 Jul 26 2023, 03:39:59 PM

Fordham2015 said: "OuttaTowner said: "We recently grabbed lunch at the new Gordon Ramsey fish and chips on 44th right off Broadway. Though a tad pricey, it was quiet and quick and we both enjoyed our meals."

+1 to this rec
"

And another +1. Just ate there for the first time this past weekend and was presently surprised. On Los Tacos No. 1,  it’s very good, but it can also get very crowded. 

Sondheim's Final Musical HERE WE ARE will premiere at The Shed this fall (No, really!)
 Jul 20 2023, 08:15:54 PM

denali.fire said: "I bought a ticket on line this afternoon and never got to promised confirmation email.

Anyone else experience this?
"

happened to me.  Spam filter  

Sondheim's Final Musical HERE WE ARE will premiere at The Shed this fall (No, really!)
 Jul 18 2023, 02:44:44 PM

StageDoor3 said: "Are many of you suggesting we sign out and go back in? I'm concerned about getting into another crazy long queue. But I've been stuck in Loading for almost 20 minutes"

Yes. It worked for me. It’s scary, I know. Good luck!

Jul 18 2023, 02:34:00 PM

Has anyone had the blue loading screen finally load?

Jul 18 2023, 12:30:12 PM

Website seems to be loading again

Cabaret on Broadway
 Jun 16 2023, 08:06:53 PM

jkcohen626 said: "God, Lea Michele would be so horrifically miscast as Sally. Just awful. I do not need to see her put on a ****ty British accent nobody has the courage to correct her on and then belt out these songs like she's British Fanny Brice. No Thank you!"

So, in other words, you hated Liza. 

Cabaret on Broadway
 Jun 16 2023, 06:11:18 PM

I’m sure she doesn’t want to go through that agony again, but if Billie wants a Tony she should do Yerma on Broadway. About as close to a sure thing as Lea following up Funny Girl with Cabaret. 

Cabaret on Broadway
 Jun 16 2023, 06:05:23 PM

I would see Billie Piper in anything, but Lea is the event. 

Cabaret on Broadway
 Jun 16 2023, 05:55:31 PM

OhHiii said: "I'm just going to continue dreaming that, because they should just engrave the Tony now. It would be a MUCH stronger showcase than Florence."

Lea also needs to call her agent now.   Whatever contracts have been drafted, they should be abandoned and perhaps breached. Whoever is planned for Cabaret can take Lea’s role in Chess. This has to happen. 

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You