News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for iwuldwf

Member Name: iwuldwf
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

The 75th Annual TONY Awards!  Jun 12 2022, 11:34:02 PM

Tsao5 said: "The camera work was AWFUL!!!! The uber closeups. The cut to audience members watching the performers. Why? Give the performers their due. Nobody needs to see an audience member WATCHING a performance. The odd cuts from one angle to another. Lordy! Please do not bring the same director back next year. It was very amateur hour. Simon Beale's speech was I thought the best. And let the In Memoriam be just that. It seemed secondary to Billy Porter's.....who I will say

The 75th Annual TONY Awards!  Jun 12 2022, 10:06:22 PM

musikman said: "Jordan Catalano said: "Crying so much. This “Spring Awakening” performance was all I needed tonight."

I mean, to be honest, it’s the best performance of the night so far.
"

Co-sign

The 75th Annual TONY Awards!  Jun 12 2022, 09:07:57 PM

ucjrdude902 said: "Why are there SO many empty seats?"

I usually find the Tonys to be the worst produced of the EGOT award shows, but geez... Having empty seats is one thing, but not getting seat fillers in sections that you know are going to be highlighted in the broadcast is embarrassing.

KATRINA WAS ROBBED!!!!!!!!  May 9 2022, 09:36:47 AM

jacobtsf said: "This is almost certainly a case of nominators seeing the performance early in the run. Most who saw it early on said it was rough, and while she has grown tremendously in the time since if they only saw an early performance that is all they can judge on."

I haven't been following the conversation, but I finally saw the show recently and thought her voice was fine, but her acting choices were my least favorite thing about the show.  Distractin

74th Annual Tony Awards will go digital this fall  Sep 26 2021, 09:57:30 PM

Jake is right there, why is this happening…

gibsons2 said: "Having so many regrets about not seeing The Inheritance."

Whatever you did with those 7 hours was a better use of time.

74th Annual Tony Awards will go digital this fall  Sep 26 2021, 09:25:52 PM

Jordan Catalano said: "Jordan Levinson said: "Re:American Utopia, is every audience memberon their feet the whole time live at the St. James like they are now for the ceremony? Might be possible since it's a concert, just wanta confirmation."

People are up and dancing but not the entire audience, at least when I’ve been there

"

It also depends on the song. Basically everyone gets up for the biggest hits

74th Annual Tony Awards will go digital this fall  Sep 26 2021, 07:57:39 PM

gibsons2 said: "Wow I really regret not seeing the Christmas carol..."

I was so surprised by how wonderful it was. Hopefully it comes back for many (or at least a few) holidays seasons to come.

Also, unless I missed something, Slave Play hasn’t won anything yet, and discourse has already started on Twitter.

74th Annual Tony Awards will go digital this fall  Sep 26 2021, 07:40:19 PM
Yay A Christmas Carol!!
DEAR EVAN HANSEN film sets September 2021 release  Sep 23 2021, 05:29:20 PM

It's down to 34% on Rotten Tomatoes.  It feels like a Ben Platt Razzie nomination is more likely than an Oscar nomination at this point.

DEAR EVAN HANSEN film sets September 2021 release  Sep 10 2021, 09:45:51 PM

Wick3 said: "gypsy101 said: "i don't understand why they wouldn't just do his hair like it was in the original production"

Agreed. I don't understand why they opted for the Buddy the Elf hairstyle.
"

My theory is that his hairline has receded somewhat since the end of his Broadway run, and the stage hairstyle would highlight that more than having awful Annie wig bangs.

DEAR EVAN HANSEN film sets September 2021 release  Sep 10 2021, 08:40:37 AM

Currently rotten... https://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/dear_evan_hansen

Doja Cat's "Chicago" Inspired Performance  Oct 15 2020, 10:06:35 PM

Patti LuPone FANatic said: "Words fail me."

Same, that was so great - go Doja!

Stream Like That to help beat corona!

Randy Rainbow  Aug 20 2020, 04:20:58 PM

singerunlimited said: "The reaction to Randy Rainbow and his offensive tweets exposes the incredible hypocrisy of cancel culture. If we're going to be offended when one side does it, then we must uphold the same standard with others. Many have already been canceled for similar tweets dating back several years ago."

Most complaints about cancel culture are eye roll inducing, but this is another level of dumb.  Plenty of folks in this thread are &quo

Alan Menken is a  Jul 27 2020, 02:18:57 PM

everythingtaboo said: "Barbra and Liza are EGOT by honorary award, and technically so is Whoopi. But I would allow it, because it's usually recognizing their bodies of work."

Whoopi has won competitive awards for all four.

Bad Lyrics  Jul 9 2020, 07:23:32 PM
I revisited some of The Prom recently and “I can guess your whole agenda / You be Elphie, I’m Galinda” is impressively bad.
Ben Platt Wants to Return to Broadway  Jul 8 2020, 09:47:40 PM

Sutton Ross said: "Speak for yourself, only. And no thanks, random person on the internet. I will do what I like, as always.And the only reason he apologized because he couldn't find work afterwards. Whoops."

He was employed on a network tv show when he apologized, so that doesn’t make sense.  He apologized because Bryan Singer threatened legal action and ABC panicked.

I just re-read his apology and wow, I&rsquo

Hamilton film awards - Will it happen? Should it?  Jul 6 2020, 03:17:12 PM

This only cites an anonymous Academy source, but: "Sorry, the Hamilton Movie Won’t Be Eligible at Next Year’s Oscars"

https://www.vulture.com/2020/07/the-hamilton-movie-wont-be-eligible-at-next-years-oscars.html

OUR Hamilton Reviews  Jul 4 2020, 04:11:33 PM

Fosse76 said: "I remember hearing at the time he was the last holdout. I wondered if he finally agreed because they told him that they would simply shoot around him, and film his characters' scenes in an empty theater with someone else."

Didn't he finally agree because they reached a profit-sharing agreement?

On a related note, if anyone hasn't read it, this Bloomberg article is a really interesting look at the negotiating process, including emails between the cast members.

OUR Hamilton Reviews  Jul 4 2020, 01:10:31 PM

Jordan Levinson said: "Bottom line is, chances are Disney+ will remove this title whenever B'way begins its gradual reopening process, because Hamilton will most certainly survive and they have to keep making people buy tickets. If you keep waiting for it, you will probably throw away your shot. Hamilton is not to be missed."

Disney did not pay $75 million for this recording just to shelve it when Broadway reopens.  They couldn't care less about the theatrical production's ticket sales - they only care about adding/retaining subscribers for their streaming service.

LMM also responded to a tweet asking "For how long it will be available on D+?" by saying "You will just have it. For as many times as you like, right next to A Goofy Movie and Talespin and An Extremely Goofy Movie..."

WHEN WILL THEY ANNOUNCE  Apr 13 2020, 02:47:31 PM

JennH said: "Jordan Levinson said: "Some interesting news from early this afternoon, as Cuomo believes "the worst is over" but we must stay the course beforea potential gradual reopening of the Northeastern United States. AUK researcheralso claims a COVID-19 vaccine could be SIX MONTHS away (they seem to have it worse than we do at the moment). At this point, we just don't know if theatergoing returns or not sometime this year. I probs won't go unless it is

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You