News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for SharksVsJets

Member Name: SharksVsJets
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

Three Tall Women (Stratford) Streaming  Oct 16 2022, 06:54:28 PM

I turned on the tv this afternoon and by chance caught the Stratford (Ont.) production of Edward Albee's Three Tall Women about half an hour in on CBC. The magnificent Martha Henry plays "A". Apparently she died 16 days after this production closed last year. If anyone is in Canada (or has a VPN) it's streaming on CBC Gem for a limited time by special arrangement with Albee's estate. 

Cast announced for Netflix movie musical adaptation of 13  Aug 14 2022, 12:02:22 AM

I guess Broadway musicals with lead characters named Evan don't make good movies (based on a sample size of 2).

Theater Quiz: Freedom from Health Edition  Jul 4 2022, 01:07:25 PM

9/11, possibly my best score ever. Thanks for doing these quizzes NewYorkTheater, I look forward to them every month. 

Hamilton first timer  Jun 24 2022, 11:38:25 PM

Excuse me if this question has been answered elsewhere.

I'm seeing Hamilton (on tour) for the first time on Sunday. If I don't do any homework in advance will I be lost? Should I listen to the cast recording? Read a synopsis? I generally like to go into a show as unspoiled as possible, but I don't want to be totally out to lunch. 

Thanks in advance.

Jenn Colella To Return To COME FROM AWAY  Jun 2 2022, 02:34:47 PM

Tone is everything smiley

Jenn Colella To Return To COME FROM AWAY  Jun 2 2022, 02:10:05 PM

To be fair to Rainah, I don't think they were seriously suggesting that this is stunt casting.

FYI: Petrina Bromley is out of the cast until late September because she's shooting season two of the Canadian sitcom Son of a Critch. It's sort of a Newfoundland Wonder Years or The Goldbergs - based on a memoir by Newfoundland comedian Mark Critch. Bromley plays a schoolteacher nun. 

Jenn Colella To Return To COME FROM AWAY  Jun 2 2022, 10:53:41 AM

Hardly stunt casting, but I  hope it bumps up the box office.

Come From Away to return to Toronto 2024  May 3 2022, 09:29:24 AM

Story

Broadway Grosses: Week Ending March 27, 2022  Mar 30 2022, 03:37:22 PM

BwayFan252 said: "These numbers don't look too great for Come From Away or Dear Evan Hansen. How long do you guys see these shows sticking around?"

I hope CFA can hang around until at least mid-June so it can break the house record for most performances at the Schoenfeld/Plymouth (currently held by Jeckyll and Hyde).

The real NYADA?  Mar 13 2022, 11:27:28 PM

I know this thread was bumped by a spammer, but I'm curious where the op is now, 10 years later.

This. Will. Never. Happen.  Mar 12 2022, 09:52:51 AM

Who's going to play the peach?

FORBES on the bleakness of Broadway box office right now: Some Broadway shows are grossing under $100K per week  Nov 17 2021, 02:59:26 PM

I haven't seen any mention of Come From Away. Does anyone know how it's doing? 

Stars in the House Live - Cancelled  Sep 22 2021, 04:15:16 PM

Seth and James talked about the cancellation on their show last night (Waltons vs. Little House on the Prairie game night). It wasn't because of ticket sales - it had something to do with the logistics of covid protocols making it impossible to do (I forget exactly what he said). The reason Seth hasn't been promoting it is because they suspected for the last month that it might not happen.

Can I be in Broadway/off Broadway productions with food allergies?  Aug 25 2021, 12:04:50 PM
Good luck in your career. Just watch out for a shady character named Ellis.
44th Kennedy Center Honorees  Jul 22 2021, 11:42:15 AM
40% Canadian content.
Brent Carver has passed away.  Aug 6 2020, 08:27:19 PM

I'm choked. The first time I saw him on stage was in a production of Joseph and the Amazing Technicolor Dreamcoat at the Citadel Theatre (when it was a tiny theatre) in Edmonton in about 1968. RIP.

Your First Broadway Show  Jun 16 2020, 11:52:16 AM

42nd Street in 1980, the week after it opened. It was my first (and to date, only) trip to NYC - 5 shows in 4 days. Besides 42nd Street at the Wintergarden, I saw The Elephant Man at the Booth, Children of a Lesser God at the Longacre, West Side Story at the Minskoff, and Peter Pan (Sandy Duncan) at the Lunt-Fontanne. All tickets from TKTS except for the matinee of WSS which I paid full price for, though I needn't have bothered; it was quite late in its run and there were lots o

What Character in a Musical Most Resembles Trump?  Apr 23 2020, 11:52:16 AM
Not a musical, but Ubu Roi.
"Lips Together, Teeth Apart" Benefit Reading  Apr 6 2020, 09:57:57 PM

So good. What a cast.

New York Theater Quiz for January 2020  Feb 3 2020, 03:09:51 AM

92%. Damn you, question 11!!!!

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You