News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for leighmiserables

leighmiserables Profile Photo
Member Name: leighmiserables
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

Slave Play coming to Broadway in September!  Sep 21 2019, 03:56:38 PM

Bettyboy72 said: "The actors are marvelous. The only possible acting Tony mods I can see are Joaquina (Kaneisha) and Annie (Alana). Both command the stage at times. Annie has a Julie White quality and really had the audience. She mastered the comedy. Joaquina has such a presence and gravity. Impeccable work."

I could also see Dustin (James Cusati-Moyer) getting a nom, too. I've only seen the invited dress so far (planning to head back after it opens to see a

Chicago Rush  Sep 21 2019, 12:38:13 PM

Any recent reports? Thinking of finally getting around to see it. 

The Lightning Thief previews thread  Sep 20 2019, 01:50:37 AM
Got it, thanks y’all!
The Lightning Thief previews thread  Sep 19 2019, 11:33:55 PM

Their website's estimated run time says 2 hours and 5 minutes -- has this always been the case, or did they beef it up a bit for Broadway? For some reason the last I remember this was a one-act... 

Derren Brown - Coming to Broadway???  Sep 13 2019, 09:40:13 PM

uncageg said: "I noticed them when I sat down. Never remember seeing them before. Wondered if it was just something new the theater was doing. As I was leaving I looked at the ones on my side again briefly. I think the first letters of the titles in the shows spelled out "secret". I think. If not, I feel sure they played into the show in some way. It was pretty hard not to notice them for anyone sitting upstairs."

Audience interaction changes for The Play That Goes Wrong  Aug 19 2019, 11:56:50 PM
Definitely not a plant re: a ledger. He will literally just keep repeating the line until someone gives up and shouts at him. Second time I saw it I swear he had to keep going for three minutes straight (which, in theatre-time, is ABSURD), so if it was a plant then they were REALLY messing with him that night. Last time I saw it someone said “it’s underneath” almost immediately, effectively ruining the bit, and the actor looked at them and said, “Really?” in an entirely unamused voice before jum
Audience interaction changes for The Play That Goes Wrong  Aug 19 2019, 06:05:11 PM
I saw it three times when it was on Broadway and while the opening bits were always essentially the same (looking for the dog/helping Annie set up), I could have sworn it was different at intermission each time.

The first time (with the original cast) and final time (with the replacement cast), I can’t remember anyone doing anything particular at all, though members of the “crew” were walking around. The first time I also distinctly remember hearing commotion from the Mezz or Balcony,

THE LIGHTNING THIEF Officially Announces Broadway Run  Aug 13 2019, 11:58:53 AM
Assuming they do keep the touring cast, I’m at least excited to see Chris McCarrell on Broadway again. I thought he was fantastic as Marius in the most recent LES MIZ revival.
Hercules at the public distribution  Aug 8 2019, 11:49:01 AM
According to a friend involved with the production they are highly limiting comps—according to her some of the performances are already out of comp tickets (at least for the team—not sure how it is with donors). They are really trying to make it as accessible to the public as possible!
Big move to New York.. need help.  Jul 16 2019, 11:12:06 PM

Rushing is always an option, too. I often rush on the weekends/days when I don't have morning classes. With most shows you can snag a ticket by waiting ~2-3 hours, four at the most (sometimes even less, but getting there earlier does tend to yield better seat locations). It helps if your campus is closer to Broadway. (Of course, there are a few, like Hadestown, where there are cases of people waiting 12+ hours in line. But take it from a fellow 

West Side Story revival?  Jul 11 2019, 12:19:54 PM
Natalie Walker (@nwalks) on twitter:

“So inspiring how a 37-year-old man suspended from a minor supporting role in a show over sexual misconduct involving a woman over a decade his junior can bravely persevere and be rewarded with a major supporting role in a show alongside many women over a decade his junior. Sexual harassment is despicable regardless of age, of course, but Ramasar and his cohorts in their exchanges specifically fetishized and degraded 19/20-year-old women — so now when I see that over 20 of the West Side cast members are making their Broadway debuts, it concerns me. When you cast someone with a history of sexual misconduct in a principal role with a cast of unknowns, you are sending a message. I worry about the power dynamic of an environment that makes clear from day one how much the gatekeepers love making sure predators have a spare key.”

https://twitter.com/nwalks/status/1149023982294884356?s=21

If you look in the likes, many Broadway actors/creatives have liked these tweets. She seems to be one of the few brave enough to outright say anything, but clearly many people agree with her.

West Side Story revival?  Jul 10 2019, 05:13:35 PM

Pardon my possible ignorance here, but Alexander Gemignani is the music director? Does he have previous music direction credits? 

Vegans and Broadway  Jul 2 2019, 09:00:27 PM

Genuinely curious — in The Ferryman, did she have any objections to the young baby being onstage as well, or just the animals? Because one can make pretty much the same argument for a baby being onstage as I can imagine they could for live animals (inability to consent, not understanding what's happening, exploitation, bright lights causing irritation, etc).

Not saying your friend is wrong/right for disliking the live animals onstage, but I

Appropriate Shows for a 13 year old  Jun 21 2019, 08:21:41 PM

For the sake of providing better answers -- what exactly do you define as appropriate for your thirteen-year-old? Are you referring to stuff that can be considered "inappropriate" (ie. sex/swearing/drugs/etc.), or are you just asking for shows that thirteen-year-olds generally like? If it's the former, it would be helpful for you to define specifically what types of content you do not want your child seeing. 

Laura Benanti Gave A Classy Read Last Night At MY FAIR LADY  Jun 20 2019, 06:20:01 PM

I was at the matinee yesterday and I’m not at all surprised to hear Laura finally had enough and did this. There were no cell phone rings (a couple beeps here and there, but no RINGS); however, during the ALL OF “Why Can’t the English” and a good bit beyond (a good ten to fifteen minutes) people were talking. I don’t even mean whispering, I mean people were full-out CONVERSING at the beginning of the show. It didn’t even seem to be concentrated to one

Oklahoma! lottery  Jun 20 2019, 10:28:12 AM

theminutepast said: "Is the loser code the same every day? I forgot to enter the lottery for today, but I have the code from yesterday.

Has anyone bought tickets on TKTS? Do they usually cost more than the $59 lotto loser tickets?
"

If you download the TKTS app it’ll tell you the price range of tickets being sold that day. Usually they’re on there for 50% off, though, so most seats are probably a somewhat more expensive than t

Musicals most people hated, but you liked  May 22 2019, 11:59:24 PM
This season? BEETLEJUICE was an absolute delight for me. The humor was shockingly modern, which I was not expecting at all — at times it dove right into the fantastic absurdist qualities of Millennial/Gen-Z humor, which I haven’t seen another show capture so far.

Overall? Not sure anyone “hated” it — but I seem to love CURTAINS a heck of a lot more than most people I know. I still think it should’ve beat SPRING AWAKENING (another show I adore, but I don’t think that’s a controversial o

Jokes In Musicals That...Just Don't Work?  May 22 2019, 11:49:56 PM

While I am a part of the minority on this board that really enjoyed BEETLEJUICE, I’m more than willing to say that the entirely of the Netherworld Song (“If I Knew Then”, I’d assume it’s called?) fell flat on its face. The song itself already feels like a placeholder so the lack of good humor in it really makes it drag—I think the only part that got an audible reaction from the audience was the Shrunken Head gag, and that’s likely because it was

Tony Host  May 22 2019, 11:24:24 PM
Confused a bit by all the vitriol in this thread towards LaneBryant’s point. While I wouldn’t go so far as to say the Tony Awards has any sort of intentional racism problem, I do think it’s quite fair to say it would be nice to have a female and/or person of color host the awards.

As SomethingPeculiar pointed out, it has now been a decade since a woman or POC has hosted the Tony Awards (alone). While I have absolutely no issue with James Corden hosting, (in fact I rather enjoyed his pr

Musicals most people hated, but you liked  May 21 2019, 08:58:13 PM

Beetlejuice. Ended up seeing it twice about a week apart (once intentionally, once because a friend offered me a free ticket) and found it just as delightful the second as the first. I agree the music is far from perfect and the book loses shape in Act Two, but honestly? It's just silly fun IMO and sometimes that's enough, y'know?

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You