News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for Storkish

Storkish Profile Photo
Member Name: Storkish
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

Hillary and Clinton previews  Mar 16 2019, 11:49:47 PM
Interestingly, I was expecting more of a political play but Hnath stated them in an alternate universe. The chemistry is beautiful yet ironic, I do believe there’s a lot to work out during previews, but it was already in good shape.

They made those two leads interpret the Hillary and Bill in their way, which I think is a magnificent move. Metcalf and Lithgow were amazing, and the comedic moments were on point. Sort of like ADH2, the topic was about public society, image, marriage. I wal

King Lear  Mar 13 2019, 12:36:35 AM

Interesting to hear about all those negative reviews. I have no problem with the set at all - in fact I'm in love with it. It's what the show needs to be, a trashy golden place, and I am still extremely amazed by how Miriam dealt with her fire curtain. It's genius. The lighting too.

I do believe Sam Gold's concept is not consistent, but it's definitely not misguided. A Shakespeare doesn't need a concept, at least in my opinion, enough concepts have been tried an

NETWORK Previews  Nov 24 2018, 03:11:46 PM

Funny enough, when I saw the show this Saturday, all of those actors except Mr. Cranston made me feel like I was watching one behind-the-scene episode of a third rate soap opera. 

I found the best part of this show (apart from Mr. Cranston's AMAZING performance) is how ironic it was when I left the theatre, while the big LED screen was playing Obama's speech and everyone around me started cheering. 

BERNHARDT/HAMLET Previews  Sep 14 2018, 02:18:45 PM

One thing I adore about Janet McTeer is that she is the typical British actress that develops muscle memories over the years but channels them differently in every character. I was glad I saw this show, and seriously as a long-term die hard fan of Janet (The only thing I didn't see her in is probably The Duchess of Malfi back in 2002), I can see her challenging herself over the years and making actual progress. I am pleased to see her participating in a comedic drama.

Duri

re: Going to the stage door, and not seeing the show.  Sep 13 2018, 09:39:43 PM

I like how so many people consider stage door is STALKING - it's a tradition that has been developed over the years, and clearly numbers of performers don't mind, and they even appreciate you waiting for their signatures. If they want to avoid stage door, they can leave through another door.

I think most of the performers (especially the big names) can tell your intention while talking to you at stage door. They can tell if you are a stalker or a fan who appreciates them. I

Selling 1 to FROZEN March 16 8pm Mezz Seat  Mar 16 2018, 04:05:51 PM
Selling one ticket to Frozen tonight at 8. Broke my ankle and couldn’t go. The seat is Mezz R31, face value is 97, now selling for 90.

Can take venmo or PayPal.

THREE TALL WOMEN (2018) Previews  Mar 1 2018, 11:13:31 PM

Jeffrey Karasarides said: "Storkish said: "I am extremely interested in the set Sally mentioned. Miriam Buether always has a fresh take in his scenic designs. Without spoilers, may any one describe a little bit more on the set?"

Miriam Buether is a woman, not a man.
"

I never saw a profile of her anywhere and I apologize for my ignorance!

THREE TALL WOMEN (2018) Previews  Mar 1 2018, 11:08:12 PM

Thank you Whizzer and Sally for posting your thoughts!

I wonder did Glenda Jackson use a British accent? That might be interesting to look at. Also are the rush seats full view? I have had tickets to it in two weeks but am wondering if I should rush and see it this Saturday. 

I am extremely interested in the set Sally mentioned. Miriam Buether always has a fresh take in his scenic designs. Without spoilers, may any one describe a little bit more on the set?

THREE TALL WOMEN (2018) Previews  Mar 1 2018, 02:10:53 PM

Sally Durant Plummer said: "Rushed this morning, so seems the show will go on tonight. $40 per ticket, rear orch. I got there at 9:20 and was the first person there - only 4 other prions behind me when the box office opened.

Count me as very, very excited.
"

Are the seats restricted views? I didn’t know they were offering rush tickets. 

Also I am very excited to hear reviews about the show. I have been waiting for an Albee pla

Next Dolly after BP?  Feb 23 2018, 01:38:12 PM

Just curious about what you guys think who could be the next Dolly.

Personally, I would love to see Christine Baranski in this role. I felt like she could make a fresh Dolly, besides she hasn't been back for decades.

Official Bernadette Peters in Hello, Dolly! performances thread  Feb 9 2018, 11:15:55 PM

I am curious what you think they could have done, other than hiring someone much younger (and known by a younger audience)to play Dolly?

"RUSH TICKETS!!" Says all the young peeps.

From the bottom of my heart, I think this is a show with very limited variations production-wise. I can see it with a hundred different Dollys but ends up with the same effect. The costume, set, lighting... everything is old-fashioned and predictable. It started in 1960s wit

Official Bernadette Peters in Hello, Dolly! performances thread  Feb 9 2018, 05:18:01 PM

bwayphreak234 said: "I think there is a problem with young people only enjoying the stars they can get "personal" with. Broadway stars are not required to engage with fans and get "personal" with them via social media or at the stage door, and if that is impacting anyone's view of them as a performer, that's a problem."

I would agree that some young theatergoers think of theater as a live concert, or even worse, comic conventions. They

Official Bernadette Peters in Hello, Dolly! performances thread  Feb 9 2018, 12:37:38 AM

Young people are hardly exposed to Bette's culture because: one, they don't listen to her music, and two, she's a total diva unlike Donna Murphy, who would be so kind and spend ten minutes with each of her fans waiting outside. Don't get me wrong, I am in my 20s and I adore Bette, but a lot of my peers seem to enjoy the stars they can get "personal" with. 

A strayed question: are the producers of Hello Dolly keeping the lead actresses from doing

Casting  Jan 29 2018, 10:19:27 PM

Glenn Close and Janet McTeer alternating roles as Regina and Birdie in The Little Foxes, or them alternating Queen Elizabeth and Mary Stuart in Mary Stuart. Either way I am 10 years too late.

THE CHILDREN Previews  Jan 11 2018, 04:03:05 PM

This could be my favorite play of this broadway season so far. Well-trained chemistry and crafted script has not been seen since September. As a play written recently, this piece is delightful, funny, and sometimes thought-provoking. I do believe the first 40 mins are quite successful as foreshadowing dialogues for the character's purposes, even though they are pretty dull. The small cast have a wonderful chemistry and all of them have extremely different acting techniques, but somehow th

Official Bernadette Peters in Hello, Dolly! performances thread  Jan 11 2018, 03:53:11 PM

Auggie27 said: "The photoshopped pic above reminded me: will Peters get any new designs for the costumes? In particular, that "So Long, Dearie" dress looks ideal for Midler but less likely for Peters. I see her in the red dress, but can imagine adjustments. Anyone know? I know that Peters wore the same designs that Zeta-Jones wore as Desiree (and spectacularly), but this is somewhat different. Midler is so tiny with a specific shape. Just curious. It's never a given tha

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You