News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for BroadwayBaby4

Member Name: BroadwayBaby4
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

Harry Potter and the Cursed Child Seating/Pricing Thread  May 3 2018, 07:11:41 PM
Have to thanks everyone on this board for giving a head’s up aboit tickets being put on sale close to the date. Could only find for one person, but got myself $40/part tickets in orchestra row M. I could not believe my luck.
Harry Potter and the Cursed Child Seating/Pricing Thread  Apr 12 2018, 01:47:51 PM
Not sure if anyone’s asked yet, but of those of you who have already gone, how long before the show would you say you actually have to get there? The emails have been saying an hour before but that sounds a bit crazy to me.
METEOR SHOWER Previews  Nov 20 2017, 10:29:57 PM
Thanks to whomever said to check StubHub for tickets. Was able to get orchestra seats for half the price.

Wasn't sure what to expect from this show, but it was hysterical. I could not stop laughing the entire time. The cast is absolutely fantastic.

HARRY POTTER AND THE CURSED CHILD to Take the Lyric Theatre in 2018  Oct 18 2017, 03:08:06 PM

I applaud anyone who was able to get tickets for more than one person. Was trying to get to tickets for three then two and even with the additional preview seats coming out I was unable to find anything under $155 per ticket which sadly was out of our price range. 

I was finally able to find $40 tickets when looking for a single person, which I took as a big win.

HARRY POTTER AND THE CURSED CHILD to Take the Lyric Theatre in 2018  Oct 18 2017, 12:17:42 PM

As frustrated as I was with buying tickets for London, this was a million times worse. Anyone else getting  the endless spinning wheel? 

The Band’s Visit Rush Policy Announced  Oct 14 2017, 10:30:01 AM

Went today, got in around 8:50 and line was already long. Rush tickets were all sold out by the time I got to the front of the line. Might be because it was the first weekend but definitely did not expect such a line based on the above. 

Sumayya Ali writes beautiful letter about COMET and the controversy  Oct 7 2017, 11:36:45 AM

It's sad to think the issue got pushed so much that Sumayya Ali felt she had to post this, but I'm glad she did. This amazing, brilliant, talented cast deserve to have their story told in their own terms. Someone who was only there for a few weeks shouldn't be the one who gets the last say on their years of work. 

Oak Speaks out on great comet controversy  Oct 5 2017, 07:33:09 AM

Speed said: "GeorgeandDot said: "He's not entitled to anything. If they want to fire him they can fire him. Oak turned out to be a narcissist who was unprofessional and unprepared and also didn't bring in an audience. Bye. He got dumped for a bigger name and then decided to become a "SJW." The a-hole actually thinks he's some sort of martyr.

Look, here's the difference between him and Karl: Karl is a 3 time Tony nominee. Oak is one of the

Ghost Quartet to return off-broadway this October  Oct 4 2017, 03:38:15 PM

Did anyone else get an email about a time change? Had tickets for Saturday at 8:30 and now it's moved to 9:30. Wasn't sure if this was just the one date or for others as well. 

MEAN GIRLS to take the August Wilson  Oct 3 2017, 06:55:45 PM

I went today hoping to see Tina but since she was in the truck and photographers were surrounding it, so you really couldn't see her unless you got to the front of the line. I think she left at around 11:30 and line was moving really slowly while she was there. They did give away a ton of sunglasses and were signing people up for chance to win tickets. Cheese fries were delicious, even if Tina didn't hand them to me. 

BCEFA FLEA MARKET COLLECTORS UNITE!!  Sep 24 2017, 05:36:46 PM

ebizzle said: "@comet people just wondering how much Natasha's slippers were going for as I was able to pick them up a little while ago for $25. It seems they were just desperate to get rid of them since they severely overpricedthem before and no one wanted them"

I'm sure they we're going for well over that price. I didn't even bother asking how much they were when I was in line at around 11:30, but the cheapest thing aside from shot glasses and pins

Paulson expose On Great Comet controversy  Aug 29 2017, 09:08:09 PM

The only thing I am confused about is if they did have a star waiting to come in, why didn't the announce it earlier? Maybe they wouldn't have needed Mandy if they had just announced the next Pierre and made some advanced sales that way. 

THE GREAT COMET Announces September Broadway Closing; Final Performers for Role of 'Pierre'  Aug 8 2017, 07:06:52 PM

Have tickets for September 2nd, so I'm at least happy I'll actually be able to see the show one more time. What a horrible way for this beautiful show to go out. 

BREAKING: Mandy Patinkin Withdraws from THE GREAT COMET  Jul 29 2017, 07:19:44 AM

dramamama611 said: "BroadwayBaby -- how do you know he didn't ask his friend to stop?  Just because he didn't do it publicly doesn't mean he didn't do it. (and I realize he might NOT have, but I admit: I dont know, therefore I will not assume.)

Skimble -- wait, so sticking up for someone isn't necessary when its an unknown/non-famous person?   Ridiculous -- those people need support MORE.

I unders

BREAKING: Mandy Patinkin Withdraws from THE GREAT COMET  Jul 29 2017, 06:35:31 AM

I'm really not sure how this whole thing got brought back to race (again) but especially after the Malloy tweets I think it is clear what happened. Great Comet is a business like any other. The job of every person there? To make the business money. Was casting Oak a good decision financially? The producers gave him 4/5 months of advanced ticket sales and saw no, it was not. Because of that they had to ask Brittain to go on leave so they could bring in Ingrid, a semi-star to pick up t

BREAKING: Mandy Patinkin Withdraws from THE GREAT COMET  Jul 28 2017, 08:31:12 PM

Anyone else clutching their ticket to a Mandy show hoping maybe Dave will come in and at least end the show himself? I just bought on stage tickets since my bf and I both wanted to see Mandy. He wanted me to immediately get money back, but i'm holding on to what little hope I have left that the show runs through Labor Day. 

Dave Malloy commets on Oak's Leave  Jul 28 2017, 03:51:05 PM

I don't think anything on twitter has ever made me this sad, and twittier is a hostile, angry place.

Imagine how awful he must feel, not only is the show not doing well, but he's being called a racist for just trying to keep it afloat. 

Mandy Patinkin to join THE GREAT COMET as Pierre for 3 week run!  Jul 26 2017, 07:16:15 PM
I agree with everyone that has been saying this is a disappointment for Oak. I saw him this weekend and thought he was amazing.

On the other hand, Broadway is a business and if Great Comet isn't making enough money to survive, it doesn't matter how great Oak is because they need to do what's best for the business. I'm not sure if I'm the only one who wondered why they would have to bring in Ingrid right when Oak started, but looking at the situation I'm willing to bet sales were down b

Broadway at Barnes & Noble  Jun 23 2017, 07:33:22 PM

The only one I ever went to was for She Loves Me. I'm not sure if it was just an odd case, but I went at around 11/12 to purchase the cd and didn't even get the wristband that guaranteed a seat. They did leave the doors open so I could hear and kind of see what was happening, but I didn't get into the room. I did still get my CD signed. 

Great Comet closing in January?  Jun 14 2017, 10:42:16 PM

I agree that Ingrid can definitely bring in a new audience. I'm personally obsessed with Great Comet, but haven't been able to convince any of my friends to go. The second they found out about Ingrid, my whole group of friends was ready to buy tickets. Hoping this will be the case for many. 

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You