News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for Piper3500

Piper3500 Profile Photo
Member Name: Piper3500
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

5 Minutes into the Tonys... Worst Opening Ever!!!  Jun 13 2011, 08:30:45 AM
Jordan... sorry about your dog

backwoodsbarbie...i agree, i still love that 2009 opening, it did give me chills, but i am a HAIR fanatic

this opening..i did love it, i must say! loved the lyrics and enjoyed the spin. the only slight backlash i have heard (and expected) was that the sodomy line went too far...pfffffffft! it was all in good fun.

ALW insluts Michael Ball and Barrowman in one breath  Oct 7 2010, 06:28:17 AM
i agree Roscoe...and PRS i have missed you
TheatreFan...so bang on!

This is utterly ridiculous. I love John Barrowman, which is probably why i take this even more to heart.

How Sarah Brightman married him (twice?) i will never understand. Unless, it was to get further ahead.

Cast Changes @ ROA  Aug 5 2010, 07:59:14 PM
"I doubt that! Most people are not going to see Constantine, but for the music. The show will be fine without him."

I agree svg. what are you on about svg? this show was always about the music for the fans. Constantine is no more of a name than Ace or Diana who didn't do anything for HAIR. If ROA it ends, it will have nothing to do with who is cast as Drew.

Barney-Lauren is fantastic. Josephine is fantastic. When someone like Lauren has been with the show from the beginnin

re: Adam Shankman To Direct/Choreograph The Rock Of Ages Movie  Jul 23 2010, 07:38:56 AM
I remember the GREASE phenomenon and that there were those who thought it would be a joke.

I don't know... I really think this will be a "cult" thing if it goes with great casting. I will see it. and as for the non-book issue. I think it may transcend on film just fine.

re: Adam Shankman To Direct/Choreograph The Rock Of Ages Movie  Jul 22 2010, 06:31:56 PM
Jack Black needs to be Lonny. He isn't as fit as Mitch, but hey, he is perfect.

about Adam- i think he is a great choreographer and musical director i just can't stand listening to him. i bet the kids love to work with him.

Bernardette Peters is terribly miscast in 'Night Music'  Jul 18 2010, 10:50:41 PM
no, on messenger and texting...forum posts, you can just ignore.
All Lisping Production of A THREETCAR NAMED DETHIRE Coming To Broadway 2011  Jul 18 2010, 10:48:30 PM
LOL
Laura Bell Bundy's racist(?) caricature  Jul 18 2010, 10:47:24 PM
i know. i don't think i articulated that quite right.

i get the point.

Laura Bell Bundy's racist(?) caricature  Jul 18 2010, 09:50:34 PM
"Um, I don't think you're really grasping the concept.

Try this. And if you can't see the difference I'll be surprised. "

patronizing with a capital P :)

next Fran in Promises Promises  Jul 18 2010, 09:48:34 PM
"I think Morrison is wrong for the role"

I agree 100%. As much as I love him, I don't see him as any more "Chuck" than many think Sean isn't. can John Hamm sing?

I love Carey Mulligan so much. She is very talented. An oscar nominee but not a huge name in the US. I would love to see her in this.

ljay, you don't think Katie winning the Tony sold any tickets at all? i am not being sarcastic, just asking. i thought it may have gotten people to go as well....oscar nods and wins can do that too.

Laura Bell Bundy's not racist at all caricature  Jul 18 2010, 01:18:17 AM
i read the thread and watched the video and chose to comment on Peter James post and added my own thought about Sherri Sheppard who IMO is an idiot most times. she spouts that crap "we can, but you cain't" in the drawl she uses to bring up a point about this topic. there are others who think like she does. it's ridiculous. you can't laugh at one person, and then call "racism" when it's a white person. LBB was doing a "character" plain and simple.

Did the white Oklahoman country s

Bernardette Peters is terribly miscast in 'Night Music'  Jul 18 2010, 12:22:24 AM
the age thing is really ridiculous. i met CZJ on the street in Toronto when she was there filming stage stuff for movie Chicago and I her skin looked amazing - you wouldn't even know she smoked or anything...perfection, however, even in her 20s i thought she was older due to her voice and carriage, not her looks. she has matured but really is stunning. as far as casting goes, muscle you know full well that age is not always a factor. the sherry i saw in ROA was 38. playing 17-18? and HAIR.
'Anchorman' almost on Broadway  Jul 17 2010, 09:54:09 PM
Afternoon Delight
Laura Bell Bundy's not racist at all caricature  Jul 17 2010, 09:44:09 PM

"If you think this is harmful and racist then you must take this type of humor out of every culture. If Laura Bell Bundy can't do it, then Chris Rock and Dave Chapelle can't do it. Margaret Cho can't do it. Etc, etc. "

I agree with you and yet there are some idiots like Sherri Sheppard who says "we can make fun ourselves, but i white person cain't!" it is all wacky

Laura Bell Bundy's not racist at all caricature  Jul 17 2010, 09:39:46 PM
this reminds me of when Harry Connick Jr went off on an Australian talent show when a bunch of kids did black face to do the Jackson 5. the subject matter that is, not the photo.
John Gallagher ever out of American Idiot?/American Idiot Reviews  Jun 25 2010, 08:48:20 AM
"John Gallagher is really a sweet and humble guy, even post Tony and with his burgeoning career. He loves meeting fans, but American Idiot is wildly taxing. It's exhausting just to watch- I can't imagine carrying it every night."

-with a lot of people, the explanation in the blog would have granted an eye roll for sure. With John, I believe him. I think he is very sweet to his fans by all accounts.

re: Songs That Sound Suspiciously Similar  Jun 24 2010, 08:51:57 AM
You Can't Stop the Beat and the Memphis song.
Falco or Diana  Jun 23 2010, 10:27:47 PM
^ this one isn't even that. it looks like a cartoon of princess Diana.
Falco or Diana  Jun 23 2010, 09:34:12 PM
certainly not rockin' the manicured jersey mafia wife character look in those.

well, good for her for going all natural. however, when she started all of that, i never recognized her.

Jerry Mitchell fans?  Jun 23 2010, 08:51:00 PM
well...if you need to ask.
You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You