Cast Changes @ ROA

AngryYoungMan
#1Cast Changes @ ROA
Posted: 7/31/10 at 11:50am

A lot of cast changes are going to be happening at Rock of Ages the next few weeks. Anyone have any information about who the replacements will be?

Lauren Molina's last show is tomorrow. I'm surprised I haven't heard who's replacing her yet!

Constantine is leaving September 7th, and I believe James Carpinello is leaving around the same time. I heard that Mitch Jarvis will be taking over the role of Stacee Jaxx when Carpinello leaves, but who will be Lonny?!

quizking101 Profile Photo
quizking101
#2Cast Changes @ ROA
Posted: 7/31/10 at 12:14pm

I heard Josephine Roberts (from the Toronto production) is taking over for Regina.

I never heard anything about James Carpinello leaving or Mitch Jarvis taking over as Stacee Jaxx...for Mitch to play anything other than Lonny sounds like a crime against nature

Check out my eBay page for sales on Playbills!! www.ebay.com/usr/missvirginiahamm

Blockhead24 Profile Photo
Blockhead24
#2Cast Changes @ ROA
Posted: 7/31/10 at 12:27pm

I heard that Mitch Jarvis as Stacee Jaxx information as well--that's going to be interesting.

Tag Profile Photo
Tag
#3Cast Changes @ ROA
Posted: 7/31/10 at 12:35pm

Josephine Rose Roberts starts Monday as Regina.

yankees1253 Profile Photo
yankees1253
#4Cast Changes @ ROA
Posted: 8/1/10 at 1:06am

Regina-Josephine Roberts and also heard one of the ladies from Saturday Night Live.
Stacee Jaxx- Mitch Jarvis
Drew-Not Casted Yet, they are looking for a big name
Lonny-Not sure yet.

Lauren Molina will be sorely missed in every way possible and irreplacable as Regina. Loads of tears amongst the cast.
Updated On: 8/1/10 at 01:06 AM

TheatreFan4 Profile Photo
TheatreFan4
#5Cast Changes @ ROA
Posted: 8/1/10 at 1:28am

The whole Mitch as Stacee is kind of unsettling.

Barney Stinson
#6Cast Changes @ ROA
Posted: 8/1/10 at 8:58am

Lauren Molina will be sorely missed in every way possible and irreplacable as Regina. Loads of tears amongst the cast.

Not true - Josephine Roberts is better. As in, significantly better.

massofmen
#7Cast Changes @ ROA
Posted: 8/1/10 at 9:01am

so if lauren molina is irreplaceable are they going to do the show without a Regina? Thats gonna be weird.

BroadwayBoy3 Profile Photo
BroadwayBoy3
#8Cast Changes @ ROA
Posted: 8/1/10 at 12:16pm

You all will love Josephine!

lstbutifulgrl2
#9Cast Changes @ ROA
Posted: 8/2/10 at 12:08am

I've heard that Jay Kleitz will be replacing Mitch as Lonny. Mitch is supposedly doing Stacee for 6 months and then returning to the roll of Lonny.

"Sometimes on the strip, the dreams you come in with, ain't the dreams you leave with" ~Rock of Ages
"I'm a butterfly, trivial and small, and in the greater scheme of things, I don't mean much at all." ~The Story of My Life
"Forget Regret, or life is yours to miss." ~Rent

misto625 Profile Photo
misto625
#10Cast Changes @ ROA
Posted: 8/2/10 at 12:21am

Hmm Jay is taking over as Lonny? So the show is continuing with the idea of Lonny being a Jack Black impersonation.

Dean: Can I tell you something? Lorraine: That depends on what it is. Dean: I think you're really really pretty. Lorraine: (after a pause) Ok, you can tell me that.

quizking101
#11Cast Changes @ ROA
Posted: 8/2/10 at 12:27am

Jay Klaitz was funny in LEND ME A TENOR...I wonder how he is in a musical...

Check out my eBay page for sales on Playbills!! www.ebay.com/usr/missvirginiahamm

wdwfreak Profile Photo
wdwfreak
#12Cast Changes @ ROA
Posted: 8/2/10 at 12:28am

What's the point of moving to one role for 6 months, to just go back to the other. Not like the show will be open for much longer unless they do something.

quizking101
#13Cast Changes @ ROA
Posted: 8/2/10 at 12:39am

Regardless of who else gets cast, it's all coming down to who is replacing Constantine...at that point, If they choose nobody of significance, then the show is going down.

sgv123
#14Cast Changes @ ROA
Posted: 8/2/10 at 12:59am

^ I doubt that! Most people are not going to see Constantine, but for the music. The show will be fine without him.

jeffmiele
#15Cast Changes @ ROA
Posted: 8/2/10 at 1:49am

^ exactly, the people who wanted to see it for Contsantine and had the means to do it have seen it by now, for the most part.. this wont run forever, obviously, but its a fun show that people keep coming to for the music.. i really do think ROA will last another year at least

Stage Door Sally Profile Photo
Stage Door Sally
#16Cast Changes @ ROA
Posted: 8/2/10 at 6:28am

I think ROA is getting tired and could use "a name," but it doesn't have to be in the Drew part.

In the alternative to adding "a name," it would be great if the replacement Drew is so amazing that he generates major buzz. Don't see that happening though.

You get the feeling this show is hanging on by the skin of its teeth. So hope I'm wrong.

massofmen
#17Cast Changes @ ROA
Posted: 8/2/10 at 8:15am

skin of its teeth? You have a national tour going out, a flourishing toronto production, a feature film coming out and multiple international productions.

in what world is that "skin of its teeth"

Stage Door Sally
#18Cast Changes @ ROA
Posted: 8/2/10 at 12:22pm

Mass,

I'm referring to the Broadway production only. Major cast changes, especially loss of Constantine, are not for the good. Reminiscent of Hair.

ROA has not announced it has recouped. Is box office all that great? It doesn't seem to be, but then I'm not in the business... I hope the show survives, but wishing doesn't make it so.

Tag Profile Photo
Tag
#19Cast Changes @ ROA
Posted: 8/2/10 at 1:00pm

The Toronto production is hardly "flourishing".

#20Cast Changes @ ROA
Posted: 8/2/10 at 3:00pm

the Toronto show got extended so they must be doing something right. And while the show isn't blowing the doors off the box office, it certainly isn't at the bottom of the pile. There a shows doing far worse than ROA

quizking101
#21Cast Changes @ ROA
Posted: 8/2/10 at 3:11pm

Ok, so I may have misspoke when I said the show is counting on Constantine to bring in the bucks...

I do beleive that major cast overhauls, especially those shows that are popular(ish), bring about a primarily negative effect

Examples:
1)HAIR
2)God Of Carnage
3)Race (although the show was dying quickly with the original cast)

TheatreFan4
#22Cast Changes @ ROA
Posted: 8/2/10 at 3:18pm

I think ROA is getting tired and could use "a name," but it doesn't have to be in the Drew part.

Dee Snider has auditioned for Dennis so they probably have him stored for a rainy RoA day.

Stage Door Sally
#23Cast Changes @ ROA
Posted: 8/2/10 at 3:45pm

I've mentioned on this board before about Dee Snider as Dennis and was told it wasn't going to happen. But I think it would be a very wise move.

TheatreFan4
#24Cast Changes @ ROA
Posted: 8/2/10 at 3:55pm

^ I wouldn't be too sure. He performed with the cast on America's Got Talent recently maybe as a precursor to doing the tour or Broadway.