News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for lulu10

lulu10 Profile Photo
Member Name: lulu10
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

Filming A Little Night Music
 May 22 2010, 01:17:43 AM
I saw the show on Wednesday -- there were two cameras filming the performance. Not sure if it's meant for distribution, but they seemed to film the entire show. I agree that it's not the best production out there...but seeing Angela Lansbury in person was worth every penny! (CZJ was out, but her understudy was great) The Bedknobs & Broomsticks obsessed child in me giggled with glee every time she came onstage. :)
BANANA SHPEEL - Warning: May Induce Vomiting
 May 22 2010, 01:13:33 AM
I can't speak to the Broadway incarnation of the show, but what I saw in Chicago was horrendous. The person I brought with me was so offended by the content that we had to leave at intermission. (that was a first for me...) There was not a single redeeming quality for this show when I saw it-- still can't believe it made it all the way to New York. What a waste of money.
Some Addams Family Thoughts
 May 10 2010, 08:43:02 PM
I'll preface this by saying that I am an admitted Addams Family fan. I've enjoyed the show since I saw it in Chicago last December, and was thoroughly entertained when I saw it on Broadway this March. Anyway, I saw this link on the Addams Family Facebook site today, and though others might be interested. I think that Rizzo really hit the nail on the head -- I read the post and thought, "Hey, that's exactly how I felt!", so I had to share. There really is something to be said for a show that audiences seem to love in spite of what the critics say.

http://blogs.courant.com/curtain/2010/05/some-addams-family-thoughts.html

ADDAMS FAMILY Reviews
 Apr 9 2010, 05:43:56 PM
The two major Chicago critics posted their reviews of the Broadway show today. (in comparison with the Chicago production) I, for one, really enjoyed the show when I saw it both in Chicago and on Broadway. Everyone is certainly entitled to their opinion, but I think that a good portion of the critics (particularly Ben Brantley) have been overly harsh.

http://leisureblogs.chicagotribune.com/the_theater_loop/2010/04/addams-family-broadway-musical-review-nathan-lane-bebe-neuwirth.html?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+chicagotribune%2Fthetheaterloop+%28Chicago+Tribune+-+The+Theater+Loop%29

http://www.suntimes.com/entertainment/weiss/2148591,CST-FTR-Weiss09.article

Working headed to Broadway from remodeled Chicago Theater
 Apr 7 2010, 06:42:58 PM
Don't get me wrong, I love Lookingglass. (even interned there for a bit) The problem is their season usually consists of 3-4 shows that have fairly limited runs. Their space is great, but it seats about 300 people at most. I think the area will benefit from a commercial venue like the Playhouse -- more people will be able to attend the theatre, and there will be a greater variety of shows available to residents/tourists.

As for signage -- I really do hope they find a way to get a better

Working headed to Broadway from remodeled Chicago Theater
 Apr 6 2010, 03:57:48 PM
I heard that Lin Manuel Miranda is working on it as well -- he is a welcome addition to the creative team, in my opinion. I'm looking forward to seeing what BIC will do with this theatre. The area is desperately in need of a theatrical venue, and I think they're going to give the theatre the marketing boost that it needs.
Ragtime at Drury Lane, OakBrook IL
 Mar 30 2010, 06:12:07 PM
Saw this production over the weekend, and was blown away!! I've had hit or miss experiences with Drury Lane Oak Brook in the past...but I thought that this was incredibly well done, and would highly recommend the show. The set was scaled back from what I imagined it would be, but worked very well in the space. I kind of want to hire the actor who played Coalhouse to sing to me when I am in a bad mood... :)
Riedel: Bebe B'way house of horror
 Mar 19 2010, 03:54:46 PM
I'm really getting tired of Michael Riedel's gossip. Don’t try to ruin a reputation with unnamed sources. Whenever I read his columns, the only thing I see is “…said a source…”, “…one person said…”, “…a smart producer said…”. Seriously? If this is the best he can do, I don’t think we should worry about the show – I think we should worry about what we accept for journalism.
Whoopi confirms SISTER ACT to take Broadway to heaven in 2011!
 Mar 15 2010, 10:23:18 AM
I also saw the show in London, and am very curious to see how it will play to a New York audience. It's not a great piece of theatre, but I did walk out of the show with a smile on my face. Patina was fabulous, but the supporting cast of nuns left something to be desired. Some of the music was good, but the book was just a fluffy plotline that was badly strung together -- needed much more room for the development of the characters. (if I didn't know the backstory from the film, I would not have
9 to 5: The National Tour is ON
 Mar 11 2010, 03:04:11 PM
Looks like they'll be in Chicago Jan 18-30th. I'm intruiged by this show -- I adore Dolly...but I sure hope that they have a great tour cast to handle the show.
The Addams Family 1st Preview...
 Mar 10 2010, 02:20:54 PM
I really loved this show and from what I saw the audience is applauding, laughing and giving the show standing ovations (verified by several people on the dress rehearsal and two previews so far). I, like Amneris, fanb and AverageBwayNut, just wonder what is so wrong if you actually like a show? Really – I too can think that my view is the only one that is right but not quite so vehemently. And so what if you don’t like the show – that doesn’t mean is is a bad show, that is what’s great abou
LATEST Addams Family thoughts?
 Mar 8 2010, 05:47:58 PM
There is still a tango, but it has changed -- in a different number with some of the old number mixed in.
 Mar 8 2010, 05:15:19 PM
She still has some aging issues, but it is more about her changing role in the family than crows feet. I am glad that they added some dancing for her and cut the Second Banana number. Sad that they also cut the swordfight...but I was thrilled that my favorite Fester number is still in the show. :) I think that one of the big improvements was giving GrandMaMa more of a role in the show.
 Mar 7 2010, 02:25:08 PM
"Sorry but lulu10's posts reek of shill. "

Yeah, those past couple came off a bit strong. :) Chalk it up to the fact that I had been up since 2:30am yesterday morning and was a bit overexcited. (I feel much more sane after a good night's sleep and brunch!) Sorry - this was my first time at an invited dress and only my second time in NYC. I was so excited to be there that the giddiness got the best of me – all I know is that I really liked the show. The only other show that I saw before

Mar 6 2010, 11:57:57 PM
Okay...just got back to the hotel. And am in a state of complete bliss. :) I don't want to give anything away because I know people are going to see the show this week, but I will say a few things. Right off the bat, there is a new opening number. It is a lot more funny and playful than the original Clandango number, and it introduces the role of the anscestors. There were some complaints about the ancestors in Chicago, but they work much better now and are more integrated in the show. Also, the
 Mar 6 2010, 09:13:28 PM
Ahhhh! My friend was able to sneak us into the invited dress!! (she was a PA in Chicago) We are at intermission right now, and I couldn't contain myself -- so far it if everything that I loved about the show in Chicago and more. I'll let you know how I feel after the second act....but so far, WOW! There has been a complete transformation, and the whole audience seems to be enjoying. Okay, they are flickering the lights...more after the show. :)
Cats Question
 Mar 5 2010, 04:12:38 PM
I saw this a couple months ago and didn't make it past intermission. I would definitely pass.
 Mar 5 2010, 02:24:25 PM
I loved the moon song when I saw the show in Chicago! I know it's silly, but it made me smile. (and tear up a bit...) It was definitely one of my favorite moments in the show, and Kevin Chamberlain played in beautifully. I'm headed to NYC this weekend to catch the first preview (thank you, spring break!), and am really looking forward to seeing what changes they have made.

Jesus Christ Superstar Tour?
 Mar 4 2010, 11:26:27 PM
I saw this show a couple years ago in Chicago with Ted in the cast. As someone who grew up watching the film, it was really fun to see him perform, but I have to agree with most of the people here...it was more of a spectacle than a substantial piece of theatre.

Completely enjoyed myself, though. :)

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You