Some Addams Family Thoughts

lulu10 Profile Photo
lulu10
#1Some Addams Family Thoughts
Posted: 5/10/10 at 8:43pm

I'll preface this by saying that I am an admitted Addams Family fan. I've enjoyed the show since I saw it in Chicago last December, and was thoroughly entertained when I saw it on Broadway this March. Anyway, I saw this link on the Addams Family Facebook site today, and though others might be interested. I think that Rizzo really hit the nail on the head -- I read the post and thought, "Hey, that's exactly how I felt!", so I had to share. There really is something to be said for a show that audiences seem to love in spite of what the critics say.

http://blogs.courant.com/curtain/2010/05/some-addams-family-thoughts.html

webster712
#2Some Addams Family Thoughts
Posted: 5/10/10 at 8:55pm

I actually agree a lot with this post. You can't go into a show like Addams and expect a life-changing theatrical experience. However, when the orchestra started playing the Addams Family theme, the audience's energy was the most electrical theatrical experience I have ever felt.

I actually liked The Addams Family a lot more than I expected. It was just a fun time with a few unexpected poignant moments. I particularly loved Rodriguez's portrayal of Wednesday. She had an energy that really carried the show for me, as well as some of the best musical numbers.

So it's not the next West Side Story...I still think Addams deserves some credit for its entertainment value.
Updated On: 5/10/10 at 08:55 PM

Videos