News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for karissa3

Member Name: karissa3
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

In & Of Itself off-bway final performance  Jan 26 2021, 06:10:56 PM

cknick said: "Watched this last night and loved it! What a fun, intimate experience. I can only imagine seeing it live.

Click Here To Toggle Spoiler Content
Does anyone happen to know how they pull off the letters?

Discount Code Lifespan of a Fact  Oct 25 2018, 01:16:03 PM

THANK YOU so much for posting this!! I happened to be looking for a discount code today, and this was perfect! 

THE LIFESPAN OF A FACT Previews  Oct 25 2018, 12:31:15 PM

How bad IS the rear mezz?? I just keep seeing comments about people saying how horrible it is at Studio 54 which makes me a little nervous. I'm really wanting to see this show but on a bit of a tight budget so wanting to grab one of these discounted rear mezz seats... I'm 5'7" but also pregnant... sounds like leg room is the biggest issue? Thanks for any answers!!

Lifespan of a Fact Rush  Oct 23 2018, 03:42:25 PM

I'm trying to rush this show this weekend, but according to this thread

https://www.broadwayworld.com/board/readmessage.php?thread=1112318#5089498

it looks like the rush tickets are usually in the rear mezz. 

Lifespan of a Fact Rush  Oct 23 2018, 01:34:47 PM

Does anyone have any updates/advice? I am just looking to get one ticket for myself for either this Saturday or Sunday's matinee. 
What's the best day to try for rush? On Saturday I wouldn't be able to show up until at least 9.  I don't believe I've ever done Sunday rush before and wondered if anyone has any experience with this. Thanks!!

Recommendations for a 12 year old?  Oct 18 2018, 03:00:54 PM

I don't know much about it, other than it's called "Slime Bash 2." I believe it's near Stamford? You can probably google some more info! These kids are crazy with slime these days. 

Recommendations for a 12 year old?  Oct 18 2018, 02:58:45 PM

Thank you everyone, I decided to get tickets to OOTI!! I'm very excited, and maybe wouldn't have made the right decision without all of you :) 

Recommendations for a 12 year old?  Oct 16 2018, 03:09:24 PM

I also should have mentioned that I'm being selfish and wanting to take her to see something I have yet to see.. which would pretty much rule out anything not from the current season (except for some reason haven't made it to see Anastasia which is why it's in the running!)

It looks like I'll definitely have to consider Once on This Island! 

Recommendations for a 12 year old?  Oct 16 2018, 01:35:27 PM

In 2 weeks I'll be taking my little sister around the city for the weekend, she'll mostly be in town to attend a sort of Slime convention in CT (I know..) so we'll only have one evening for a show, and I can't decide! 

She's never been to a Broadway show in her life, so I want to give her the best experience I can even if it's only for one evening... 
So far I've been debating between King Kong, Anastasia, or Once on this Island? She's a pretty mature 12 year old and didn't seem too interested even when I mentioned Frozen..  
Any input would be super helpful!

Why do YOU love Broadway?  Aug 22 2017, 01:14:19 PM

Thank you thank you THANK YOU to everyone who responded!! This is why I love getting on these chats boards. I'm so touched that you guys really thought about this question and took the time to answer. So much of what you said is exactly what I have been thinking but couldn't find the right way to say it. I agree with truly everything that has been said. Live theater/Broadway is so unique for so many reasons and I sincerely wake up every morning so grateful for the community of pe

Why do YOU love Broadway?  Aug 19 2017, 12:46:24 PM

This may seem like a ridiculous question. But I (unfortunately) am surrounded by quite a few people in my life who sincerely don't understand the importance of Broadway (especially musicals but also plays) or why I'm so obsessed with it. Therefore, since I have a personal blog I decided this is something I want to write about. But I would love to hear some of your opinions!! 

What makes a Broadway experience so special and life changing? Because for me as I'm

Come From Away rush  Aug 12 2017, 12:06:29 PM

Rushed this morning (Saturday, August 12). My husband and I arrived around 6:45 AM. There were about 13 people in front of us. I think a lot of those people ended up getting two tickets per person. We ended up purchasing the last two rush tickets for the evening show. All that was left after us was SRO for the matinee, and there was a significant amount of people still behind us! Hopefully that helps to know what time to show up for future Saturday morning rush! 

TodayTix rush seats  Jul 31 2017, 09:19:17 AM

Does anyone have experience doing rush seats through TodayTix? I'm trying for rush for A Parallelogram, so not too worried about the seat location since it is as a small theater. But if I get two tickets how certain is it that they would be together? 

Thanks!

Great Comet appropiate for kids?  Jul 22 2017, 12:05:03 PM

Just want to second what has been said. I think most of it would go over their heads, but it depends on the child. Definitely the worst part of the show is during the strobe light sequence, but as has been stated the lights are so overwhelming it is hard to tell anyway. My husband and I were seated on the very back row in the center, and during the strobe lights two of the women in the ensemble were passionately kissing right in front of us, just as a heads up because that wasn't somethin

Dear Evan Hansen - Cancellation Line/Lottery  Jul 22 2017, 11:57:07 AM

Melanie73 said: "Does anyone here happen to know how often unclaimed SRO tickets end up getting sold to the cancellation line? Thanks so much!

"

This is exactly what I've been wondering!! I wonder how likely it is to stand in the cancellation line and get SRO. I might give it a shot. 

Wicked in-person lottery  Jul 19 2017, 09:24:43 PM

If you don't want to deal with in-person you can always try for digital lottery! I won out of the blue yesterday, and it was the first day I had even entered! So there is definitely a chance. 

How is Ben Platt's attendance in DEH?  Jul 19 2017, 09:19:02 PM

Geez, did he get sick on his vacation or something?? So sad!! I was so happy to have him back this week! (Not that the understudies aren't great, just sayin.) 

In & Of Itself?  Jun 27 2017, 02:41:04 PM

Has anyone on here seen this show? If you have, I would be very interested to know what you think. My husband and I are thinking of going and can't decide if the $55 ticket price is worth it or if we should go try to rush another Broadway show. I have read a few reviews but honestly didn't want to look too deep into it because if I do end up going I want it to be a surprise! I was just curious to get some opinions on here rather than random stuff I've seen on Facebook. 

Bad Theater Behavior  Jun 26 2017, 03:35:51 PM

Phantom4ever said: "My only solutions to dealing with bad theater behavior are that I do my best to stay calm and ignore the distraction.  A few years ago, someone taking out their phone for ten seconds to see why it's vibrating would have sent me into a fit.  Now, I just let that kind of thing go.  I do my best to wait until intermission and then I ask an usher to confront the person. I also make a big deal out of finding the house manager when I see aggressive us

Dear Evan Hansen Wednesday Performances  Jun 23 2017, 01:28:34 PM

I totally get your thinking, I'm also terrified of seeing that little slip of paper in my Playbill. Especially when you're going to see someone like Ben Platt!! But like everyone else said, it's always totally unknown. There's no saying when people can get sick, etc. But take comfort in the fact that Ben really works hard to never miss a show, and also I saw him on a Wednesday night and the whole cast was there :) 

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You