News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for Bette's Turban

Bette's Turban Profile Photo
Member Name: Bette's Turban
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

Bonnie and Clyde to stream  May 8 2024, 03:34:24 PM

Sorry if it has been posted before .  
BC Live

Is Ben Platt Reopening The Palace theatre with a concert for his new Album?  May 6 2024, 09:39:41 PM

His tour isn’t selling well either.  

Feel stressed when arriving to the theatre?  Apr 24 2024, 12:34:19 PM

I like getting to certain theaters early because I love walking thru them .  I also do love people watching.  Security when you first enter at certain theaters has been nasty .  They yell and roll their eyes .  At Tommy I answered one if them back .  I said I paid too much money to put up with their mouth.  I know that didn’t help.  But I felt better .

CABARET at the Kit Kat Club (2024) Opening Night Critics' Reviews  Apr 24 2024, 12:26:05 PM

Was there a joke?

CABARET at the Kit Kat Club (2024) Opening Night Critics' Reviews  Apr 24 2024, 12:19:59 PM

Dylan Smith4 said: "Jordan Catalano said: "Matinee canceled today due to “cast illness”."

Oh no! Hope everything is alright.
"

I hope it is not depression.  Reviews and online chatter have been brutal.

Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 4/21/24  Apr 23 2024, 02:39:45 PM

When I saw Gatsby the audience was restless and bored.  Word of mouth will kill it off .  WE SHALL SEE.  

Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 4/21/24  Apr 23 2024, 02:15:56 PM

yyys said: "LOTS of older people at the Great Gatsby this past weekend - the name alone sells.

"

It is so bad.  

CABARET at the Kit Kat Club (2024) Opening Night Critics' Reviews  Apr 23 2024, 12:32:44 PM

I just hate when discussions stop because someone is clutching their pearls.

CABARET at the Kit Kat Club (2024) Opening Night Critics' Reviews  Apr 21 2024, 11:20:18 PM

Jordan Catalano said: "No, there is no “immersion” in the actual show. It’s a word that really needs to stop being used with this.
“Sleep No More” is immersive theater. This is just a musical with some pre-show “entertainment”.
"

Ehhh.  A pre-show, tables, dancing with the audience.. even one of their press releases uses the words.  But I agree with the person that said it is fine if it is well done.  &

CABARET at the Kit Kat Club (2024) Opening Night Critics' Reviews  Apr 21 2024, 10:52:03 PM

chanel said: "Time Out seems to think it's a new thing for this production to have theEmcee sing "Tomorrow Belongs To Me". But the character has been in on that number from the first production."

Being in on it is different than what goes on here and how.

CABARET at the Kit Kat Club (2024) Opening Night Critics' Reviews  Apr 21 2024, 10:44:38 PM

I am so over the immersive trend.  The gimmick has worn thin.

CABARET at the Kit Kat Club (2024) Opening Night Critics' Reviews  Apr 21 2024, 10:04:12 PM

DAME said: "So.. can Broadway now be done with the immersive crap?"

AMEN!

THE GREAT GATSBY Broadway Previews  Apr 21 2024, 03:20:22 PM

Do they keep having to stop the show after the first car scene?

CABARET at the Kit Kat Club Previews  Apr 21 2024, 03:18:31 PM

I agree.  The scene work is sterile .  

Bernadette Peters & Lea Salonga to Lead OLD FRIENDS On Broadway  Apr 8 2024, 06:36:37 PM

We bought tickets 10 minutes before curtain in London.  Paid rush prices and had great seats.  I liked it.  But purely for nostalgia sake.  People knew who Bernadette was. But it wasn’t like she was box office or anything like that.  
Not sure why this deserves a transfer.

Funny Girl National Tour LA stop  Apr 6 2024, 01:49:52 PM

The simpler set worked better for me.  The use of drops adds to the appeal of this particular show on tour.  Gives it the showbiz “smell of the grease paint” feel.  Katerina is my second favorite Fanny now .  After Lea.  She is worth seeing.  The Nick didn’t register with me.

CABARET at the Kit Kat Club Previews  Apr 2 2024, 03:26:52 PM

Jordan Catalano said: "Bette's Turban said: "Jordan Catalano said: "Yes, and I still say that in the moment of that first preview I enjoyed her. People here LOVE to bring that up to me. My opinion changed as I thought more about it and saw it again but in the moment, I enjoyed a lot of what she brought to the role. People here do love to bring that up as if I should (and I'm not saying that's your intention here) be embarrassed by that."
<

CABARET at the Kit Kat Club Previews  Apr 2 2024, 03:21:29 PM

Jordan Catalano said: "Bette's Turban said: "Jordan Catalano said: "Yes, and I still say that in the moment of that first preview I enjoyed her. People here LOVE to bring that up to me. My opinion changed as I thought more about it and saw it again but in the moment, I enjoyed a lot of what she brought to the role. People here do love to bring that up as if I should (and I'm not saying that's your intention here) be embarrassed by that."
<

CABARET at the Kit Kat Club Previews  Apr 2 2024, 02:05:41 PM

Jordan Catalano said: "Yes, and I still say that in the moment of that first preview I enjoyed her. People here LOVE to bring that up to me. My opinion changed as I thought more about it and saw it again but in the moment, I enjoyed a lot of what she brought to the role. People here do love to bring that up as if I should (and I'm not saying that's your intention here) be embarrassed by that."

What specifically are you referring too?

CABARET at the Kit Kat Club Previews  Apr 2 2024, 01:44:56 PM

Thank you Jordan. As far as the screaming; remember the screaming for Beanie?

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You