News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for Dkinny23

Member Name: Dkinny23
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

Another "what should I see" post :)  Apr 30 2024, 12:22:07 PM

Given the most recent Tony nominations, I would say your best bet is The Outsiders and Stereophonic 

The Outsiders was phenomenal, haven't seen Stereophonic yet but it's on my list as well!

AN ENEMY OF THE PEOPLE -- Standing Room Line Question  Apr 27 2024, 05:07:43 PM

I can’t answer most of your questions, but I did recently stand. Walked up to the theater at around 6:10pm for a 7pm show and got the last standing room ticket of the night. I wasn’t exactly counting but there seemed to be at least 10 spots on our side of the theater so would assume 10 on the other side as well. They do give standing room spots to lottery winners but not sure on the amount. I will say I thought standing room was perfect for this show. Theres no bad view in that th

ILLINOISE Reviews  Apr 27 2024, 04:51:50 PM

I’m not exactly sure what I just watched…. Maybe I don’t understand art. Who knows? But this so totally wasn’t my thing. I completely appreciate the talent of the dancers, vocalists, and musicians. It certainly was impressive how much choreography they learned and performed it non-stop. As for the “story” - were they even telling a story at first or just doing individual dance numbers? Once Henry’s story started it began to unfold and was easier to f

The Outsiders - Lottery/SRO  Apr 16 2024, 11:25:40 AM

Thank you for confirming that! I saw it up in the mezzanine a few rows from the back so was hoping to see it again being a bit closer to get a better look at facial expressions. Also loved it and want to see it multiple times but can't continuously spend on full price tickets haha so $37 is perfect! Assuming the obstructed part would be the upper level of the church blocked by the overhang but otherwise most can be seen okay? 

THE OUTSIDERS Opening Night Critics’ Reviews  Apr 15 2024, 01:05:21 PM

If you're up in the mezzanine, I don't think it matters as much, if you're in the orchestra, I've heard house right is better.

Opt for middle if you can :) Center mezz 4 rows from the back had a perfect view. I think some of the choreography (the rumble scene) is slightly better appreciated from the mezzanine, although I'm biased cause that's the only place I saw it. 

The Outsiders - Lottery/SRO  Apr 15 2024, 11:46:22 AM

Hey all, was hoping to hear from anyone who has done the lottery for this show where their seats were. I know it can be anywhere, but this show in particular has a lot of partial view seats, so was curious if basically all of the lottery seats were partial view or if it's been completely random / all over the place.

Also, does this show have standing room? If so, does anyone know how much those tickets are and if they only offer it during sold out performances?

THE OUTSIDERS Broadway Previews  Apr 10 2024, 10:09:24 AM

I was also there last night during the medical emergency. Was shocked how respectful the audience was - could hear a pin drop. The actors reacted quickly and handled it with such professionalism. When they came back on to re-start the scene, they made sure the audience was okay and immediately got us back into the tense moment they were building up to. Was really astounded by how the whole thing was handled. Hope the guy with the medical emergency was okay! He seemed to have walked off with E

Titanique  Jul 31 2023, 10:00:21 AM

Didn't get a chance to report back but I ended up going that evening and the cast was great!! Really loved Jackie Burns, her acting style seemed similar to the original from what I remember. Truly beautiful voice! The rest of the cast did a great job. The only major / notable difference was the actress who played Roses mother. While she wasn't bad, it just wasn't the same as the larger male actor who I saw originally. It made for a much funnier casting choice that really elevated

Titanique  Jul 26 2023, 12:51:17 PM

Oh good to know, thanks!! 

Titanique  Jul 26 2023, 12:35:35 PM

Curious how the new (current) cast members are in each of their roles? Only ever saw it in March with what I think was the original cast. May end up going again tonight with a friend who got Rush tickets

Rush/lottery/SRO for Back to the Future  Jul 8 2023, 12:27:46 PM

Hey was looking to hear people’s experiences with rush, lottery, and SRO for back to the future. Last time I did lottery at winter garden theater the seats were horrible - extreme sides of orchestra making me miss 75% of the show. Was more so interested in SRO given that experience, but never did it in that theater and forgot to look at the view from there last time I was there. I heard there’s some really cool visual effects in the show, especially at the end. Would SRO spot offe

PLAZA SUITE Previews  Mar 31 2022, 12:13:01 AM

What a nice evening at the theater! SJP stole the show in my opinion. I like how the acts got progressively funnier throughout the night. Even during Act 1, which is supposed to be serious/dramatic, I found myself laughing a lot. Broderick was okay - I would be curious to see someone else play his role though. 

For people asking about seating location - I would highly recommend the balcony center or stage left. The balcony in this theater is very steep so absolutely no heads i

Tickets for Dear Evan Hansen  May 11 2021, 05:05:45 PM
Ahh yeah that’s what I suspected, thanks!
Tickets for Dear Evan Hansen  May 11 2021, 04:46:30 PM
Was curious if anyone has tried buying tickets for anything directly at the box office? I typically try to do that to avoid the telecharge fees. Are box offices even open for this yet? Probably not if I had to guess but curious if anyone has tried.

Also wondering if lotteries/standing room/rush type seats will be a thing still. But I know I’m getting ahead of myself. Just so glad Broadway is finally coming back!!

What The Constitution Means To Me is now on Prime  Oct 18 2020, 10:23:12 PM
Wow that was incredible! I never had a chance to see this when it was on broadway and I am so glad we were honored with a filmed version. That was some of the best storytelling I’ve seen in a while and it was just such a refreshing show. So relevant. So in your face. So what we need right now. Hope a lot of people get a chance to check this one out!
HELP - Showtunes about Weddings/Marriage  Sep 9 2020, 08:00:42 AM
I can hear the bells - Hairspray
Harry Potter and the Cursed Child - One Part?  Jul 22 2020, 08:21:02 AM
Not sure if this has ANYTHING to do with anything but when I walked passed the theater the other day, they were doing all sorts of construction on it. Not sure if it was just exterior or also interior. Don’t think they would do a remodel if they were making it a one part play instead of two, but it did make me think twice that they were maybe closing down as a show. Again this was just my thoughts from seeing the construction and not heard from anywhere else.

I would definitely be curi

Which show to see?  Mar 9 2020, 05:51:21 AM
No idea how easy it will come by to get a rush ticket, but Mrs. Doubtfire which starts today has an online rush for $35 on TodayTix - starts at 9am. Assuming everything will sell out fairly quick but worth a try
Moulin Rouge pre-show music  Mar 2 2020, 11:47:50 PM
I as well have been wondering if there’s a name or recording of the pre show music. Someone please share if you know!
Jordan Fisher—DEH  Feb 26 2020, 06:05:55 PM

Gypsy_Mamma said: "Has anyone won the digital lottery as of recent? Have seats been standing room or physical seats?"

My recent DEH lotto win was standing room - I actually preferred it for this show. View is great!

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You