News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for Eboyd514

Member Name: Eboyd514
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

Dave Malloy's Moby Dick at A.R.T.
 Dec 5 2019, 08:24:40 AM

dramamama611 said: "I believe I heard the run is entirely sold out...so the decision to go or not is a moot point.

I think (hope) a lot of your issues with the show have much to do with how new the piece is..only 2 performances in, after all. The ART has a very short preview time, only one week...so it will be interesting to see what peogression is made before its next iteration.

Cant wait to see it Friday.
"

you could absolutely be

Dave Malloy's Moby Dick at A.R.T.
 Dec 5 2019, 12:03:13 AM
Saw this tonight. I’m tired so bare with me.

It has potential be something amazing, but honestly right now it’s a mess. It has no idea what it wants to be not trying be. They throw everything into it and had no idea where to stop. I know the story pretty well and man I was getting lost.

There are way too many characters. They all sang their own ballad and then poof they are gone til the end.

The music is amazing and Dave Malloy really does shine once again. However,

Soooooo......my show list for January
 Sep 19 2019, 07:34:41 PM
I am also going in January and i got tickets for Hadestown, Jagged little Pill, and West Side Story. I think you should be fine with Mean Girls, Frozen, and Beatlejuice. Tootsie might be your toss up
Wow... A STAR IS BORN snub?!
 Jan 10 2019, 11:24:28 AM

henrikegerman said: "It may read as an A Star is Born snub, but frankly any of the Globe nominated best drama movieswas IMHO far more deserving that Bohemian Rhapsody. Black Panther is my favorite of the nominees.

Having said that, I'm aware that a great many people (if not a great many critics) love Bohemian Rhapsody. I'm not one of them. To put it mildly.
"

Black Panther was a fun movie but people tend to forget although very well done it is a sup

Balcony at the Jacobs?
 Dec 5 2018, 10:27:33 AM
I sat up there a couple months back for The Ferryman. I have no complaints. Would have I liked to sit closer sure but I like to see a lot of shows and my budget isn’t in the cards to always have great seats.

The Irish accents are strong but my friend and I no problems understanding them. Make sure you go to the restroom beforehand it’s in the basement so it will take you a while to get down there from the Balcony.

THE FERRYMAN Reviews
 Oct 22 2018, 01:05:03 PM

Lot666 said: "Assuming that the cast speaks with Irish accents, is it challenging to understand the dialog?"

There was only a couple of times I struggled with understanding the accents and that was mainly the kids. The adults I never had any issue with. 

THE FERRYMAN Reviews
 Oct 22 2018, 10:11:21 AM

I sat in the rear mezzanine and it was fine. I don’t feel like I missed anything.

Ferryman Rush
 Oct 14 2018, 11:56:10 AM
I saw it last night and overall I thought it was very good. I was extremely worried about the length after walking around all day. It def kept my attention and I thought it was very well acted. There were some slow parts where I was nodding off but the three hours def flew by. The ending was something else.
Spielberg's West Side Story
 Oct 2 2018, 09:56:28 AM
Man I’m suffering from major deja vu. All this talk about Ben platt and how he gets roles because of his dad. Let it go.

I’m excited for Ansol he seems like he is going to be perfect for the role

Eating in the theatre. Thoughts?
 Sep 8 2018, 11:19:27 AM

BalconyClub said: "On a recent Megabus, the lady in the seat ahead of me was eating corn on the cob."

Last Megabus trip the guy next to me was eating a lobster and drinking a bud light

The Black Clown (ART)
 Sep 7 2018, 04:22:20 PM

DottieD'Luscia said: "I purchased a $25 ticket to the 9/22 performance. Flights from DC to Boston aren't too bad. Those of you familiar with this venue, how is it getting there from Boston proper? Thanks."

It is walking distance from the Harvard stop on the red line. If coming from the airport you want to take the silver line to south station then transfer to the redline (towards alewife) to Harvard Station. 

Thanksgiving weekend
 Sep 3 2018, 09:18:00 PM

Miles2Go2 said: "Dollypop said: "The Christmas Show at Radio City."

OP said, “Trying to stay away from “kid shows” I’m sure they are fun but I’m not sure they will like them

I think they prefer smaller shows but will always have a soft spot for bigclassics.”

So I’m not sure The Christmas Show at Radio City fits the bill here. I will say I took my parents to a touring production of i

Thanksgiving weekend
 Sep 3 2018, 05:38:10 PM

haterobics said: "Not a week for discounted tickets, though, so if you see good regular priced tickets to a show you want, get them. Otherwise, you may get stuck waiting for premium seats to not sell to sit anywhere decent."

Oh I know. I usually go in the fall so I am able to use discounts for shows or go during previews it is what it is. 

Thanksgiving weekend
 Sep 3 2018, 05:34:55 PM

Miles2Go2 said: "In case I made it back to New York again before the end of the year (sadly, I won’t), I had been keeping a list of shows I’d like to see. They’ll mostly all close before I get back to NYC. See below (for shows that should be open when you’re there and you won’t have already seen ):

- [ ] Torch Song (P) - opens 11/1/18
- [ ] The Lifespan of a Fact (P) - closes 1/13/19
- [ ] The Waverly Gallery (P) - closes 1/27/19

Thanksgiving weekend
 Sep 3 2018, 12:30:58 PM

UncleCharlie said: "Eboyd514 said: "Once on This Island might be perfect. Hope it’s still playing by Thanksgiving."

If it's not and you think they might enjoy a very funny play, go see The Play That Goes Wrong. And don't be embarrassed by your parents' ages. I'm sure they're not embarrassed by yours.
"

thats a good suggestion too. Thanks you!! Oh the embarrassing was not in regards of their ages. I&

Thanksgiving weekend
 Sep 3 2018, 11:11:01 AM

freewilma said: "If you prefer a smaller show, definitely consider Once on This Island. The space and staging at Circle in the Square is truly unique. For big classics, see if you can find tickets to My Fair Lady. And your parents might really enjoy the music of Beautiful."

Once on This Island might be perfect. Hope it’s still playing by Thanksgiving. 

Thanksgiving weekend
 Sep 3 2018, 10:54:52 AM

I’m not a kid haha. In my mid 20s. My parents are in their mid 60s. That’s embarrassing.

I go to NYC a lot more then they do. On the shows that are playing I’ve seen wicked, come from away, Dear Evan Hansen, Kinky Boots, Mean Girls, Waitress, and The Bands Visit. I liked them yes some more then others but I didn’t hate any. Trying to stay away from “kid shows” I’m sure they are fun but I’m not sure they will like them

I thi

Thanksgiving weekend
 Sep 3 2018, 10:39:38 AM

James Kerrigan2 said: "Wicked is the best thing on earth

Other Good Shows are Anastasia, Beautiful, Frozen, Kinky Boots, Waitress
"

ive seen Wicked (it was ok). I did like kinky boots and waitress. No desire to see Frozen or Anastasia. Thanks for the suggestions though 

Thanksgiving weekend
 Sep 3 2018, 09:15:31 AM
My family decided that they are going to be taking a trip to nyc during the thanksgiving weekend. What are some off broadway/broadway shows should I recommend to them. I’m seeing Ferryman in October so other then that they are not picky just sometime fun. Thanks
Moulin Rouge Officially Transferring to Broadway
 Aug 20 2018, 04:32:04 PM
So many cast members posted on Instagram about next summer. Using hashtags see you next summer and see you in 9 months. I don’t see the cast changing at all.
You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You