News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for Nick2

Nick2 Profile Photo
Member Name: Nick2
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

help with a musical riddle...
 Apr 16 2011, 09:21:20 AM
My 4th-grade daughter's teacher gave the following clues about next year's musical production:
"A high-energy production with lots of props and characters with moustaches."

What is it?!

Past productions have been Annie, Belle, Bye Bye Birdie and Wizard of Oz...so it's likely to be something safe and suitable for fifth graders.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Why is Spiderman canceled tonight?
 Feb 8 2011, 07:58:13 PM
tonight's canceled because it was supposed to be opening night, same reason mar. 15 is "canceled" on Ticketmaster = not really canceled, just a closed show.
Spiderman Preview Thread!
 Feb 6 2011, 07:18:06 PM
I just came back from the Sun. 2/6 matinee. Show almost went off without a hitch, until the closing number when Reeve Carney just dangled above the orchestra seats. (They didn't finish the closing number?!!!)

The show is truly horrible. Pity is, I took my six nephews -- all Spiderman lovers. This was their first Broadway show. They pretty much hated it. What a horrible "first Broadway show" experience.

I bought tickets months ago (back when opening night was still in January)

Toronto Star Reviews Spiderman
 Jan 29 2011, 01:29:38 PM
"Call it the flying circle of life."

Nice!

Stage door ?tiquette
 Jan 7 2011, 09:55:59 AM
nm
returning Spider-man tix
 Dec 29 2010, 03:02:33 PM
I bought a bunch of tickets for Spidey on Feb. 6, back when I thought the show was going to open on January 11. So now, my tickets are for a preview performance.

I'd like to know if anyone else in a similar situation has had luck returning or exchanging tickets. I really don't want to risk taking my family to an expensive rehearsal.

SPIDER-MAN Opening Delayed Again...
 Dec 16 2010, 06:41:19 PM
seriously they won't return tickets? I bought 12 for my nephews for a January performance. I can't return if the show isn't officially opened?

We'll see about that!

Seating Issue at 'Pee-Wee'
 Dec 11 2010, 09:32:00 AM
your complaint must be in writing and you must send copies of the tickets and you must get the name of someone at the box office.
BWW TV: First Look at Sutton Foster as 'Reno!' - Inside the ANYTHING GOES P
 Dec 8 2010, 07:48:36 AM
that ship's bidet has gone haywire!
Spiderman Discounts for AFTER previews
 Nov 29 2010, 06:15:18 AM
I purchased Row A in Flying Circle with the TTS10 discount at the box office (since Ticketmater wouldn't allow me to buy them, even though they showed up at discount price.) That was fine for me! Got the seats I wanted and didn't pay those Ticketmaster fees.
Affordable Spider-Man first preview options...
 Nov 26 2010, 01:16:02 PM
anyone know any promotions or codes for Spidey?
TDF Seat Locations
 Nov 15 2010, 05:10:29 PM
My TDF ticket for La Bete was in the second row of the Mezz.
Audrey Landers -A Chorus LIne
 Aug 27 2010, 09:39:36 PM
Check out the horrible, horrible film "Manhattan Merengue," in which Alyson Reed has a featured role as a dance teacher/former Broadway star. Photo stills of her as "movie Cassie" appear twice in the film. Anyway, you'll feel much better about the ACL movie after seeing Merengue.

As for me, I always loved the ACL film. Sure, it's not the Broadway show, but I am grateful to have that Gregg Burge dance on film (Miss him!) and still get caught up when Zach cuts off Cassie at the end of "

Lupone, Les Mis, Broadway question
 Aug 26 2010, 09:14:06 PM
I can already tell I may regret asking, but here goes:
Anyone know why LuPone didn't perform in the Broadway cast of Les Mis? Her website says she didn't want to mess with "the perfect theatrical experience" that was the London cast. I wonder if there's any other reason.

What is a memory from a show that will stay with you forever?
 Aug 9 2010, 05:06:21 PM
I'll bite: Anything Goes revival at Lincoln Center. I sat in the last row. LuPone belts last note of "Anything Goes." Crowd cheers, but I stand, clapping, whistling, the whole bit. She saw me and blew me a kiss from the stage. I was 14 and the experience sent me right into gay puberty.
rear mez at Broadway Theater (Promises, Promises)
 Aug 5 2010, 07:12:27 PM
I've never sat in the mez/rear mez of the Broadway Theater. Can anyone tell me why the front rear mez seats (A-F) are going for the same price as orchestra?

Are they preferable in any way to rear orchestra?

What Celebrities Have You Seen at Shows?
 Jul 31 2010, 09:43:29 PM
my faves:
Paul Newman at Three Days of Rain (across aisle from me and couldn't believe no one bothered him)
Madonna at Fela
and most recently
Jonathan Ross sat right next to me at Prisoner of Second Avenue in London. (He slept through most of it, lucky fella!)

Cheryl Clark: Chorus Line's (2nd) Greatest Cassie?
 Jul 19 2010, 03:35:59 PM
best12bars: Does it hurt your calves to backpedal so fast! :O

Jul 18 2010, 11:12:23 AM
sorry, ghostlight2, but I just happen to believe that if you see (and can remember!) a live performance, you DO have a unique and privileged perspective into forming an opinion of the performance as a live performance.

"You see what you see whether you see it live or not" is the death knell of the performing arts.

Jul 18 2010, 10:21:21 AM
that's all fine and well, but what really does your opinion matter if you just weren't there?! Remember, there are some of us here who express opinions based on actual experiences working with or watching these performers live and not from video at all!

Of course there were/are great regional Cassies...and I love many, many of them! but I have yet to see a video of a "Music/Mirror" performance that captures the strange, exciting awkwardness of that scene and to the magic that so many ac

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You