TDF Seat Locations

ahhrealmonsters
#1TDF Seat Locations
Posted: 11/15/10 at 5:06pm

I've been a TDF member for quite some time, and the seats are almost always in the rear mezz/balcony, with the occasional rear orchestra or partial view orchestra.

With shows filling up the houses 35% (like "A Life in the Theatre"), are the TDF seats in the orchestra? I assume they wouldn't put people in the mezzanine if the orchestra is half empty. My roommate said that when she saw "La Bete", the mezzanine was empty, and I've heard that "American Idiot" has closed off its balcony altogether.

So, my question is, where have TDF seats for these shows been?

rmusic11322
#2TDF Seat Locations
Posted: 11/15/10 at 5:10pm

I bought Next To Normal tickets through TDF, back in March, and they were left orchestra.

WiCkEDrOcKS Profile Photo
WiCkEDrOcKS
#2TDF Seat Locations

When I saw A LIFE IN THE THEATRE, the day after it opened I believe, I was something like Row L in the Orchestra, smack in the middle. And the show was definitely selling better than 35% at that point. So I can only imagine how good the seats would be now.

Nick2 Profile Photo
Nick2
#3TDF Seat Locations

My TDF ticket for La Bete was in the second row of the Mezz.

dramamama611 Profile Photo
dramamama611
#4TDF Seat Locations
Posted: 11/15/10 at 5:11pm

Expect the worse, hope for the best.

If we're not having fun, then why are we doing it? These are DISCUSSION boards, not mutual admiration boards. Discussion only occurs when we are willing to hear what others are thinking, regardless of whether it is alignment to our own thoughts.

jeffmiele
#5TDF Seat Locations
Posted: 11/15/10 at 8:15pm

Most Recently:

BLOODY BLOODY: MEZZ F
SCOTTSBORO BOYS: CENTER MEZZ E
NEXT TO NORMAL: CENTER MEZZ C
AMERICAN IDIOT: ORCH Q

allyk Profile Photo
allyk
#6TDF Seat Locations
Posted: 11/15/10 at 9:16pm

I was left mezz row M for Elf (first preview) and moved down to row C (still left mezz) at intermission. Prior to Elf, my only so-so seats were rear mezz for Finian's during previews (row O maybe?). I used TDF a few times for The Marvelous Wonderettes and always had good seats (row D, E, B and A). And I have a TDF ticket to The Extraordinary Ordinary for next month so we'll see where that is.

millie_dillmount Profile Photo
millie_dillmount
#7TDF Seat Locations
Posted: 11/16/10 at 7:51am

I never used TDF before, but I'm wondering if just because the show sold at low capacity means you'll get a good orchestra seat. The ushers may have you move anyway.

"We like to snark around here. Sometimes we actually talk about theater...but we try not to let that get in our way." - dramamama611

jeffmiele
#8TDF Seat Locations
Posted: 11/16/10 at 10:22am

Not necessarily. I went to see American Idiot again on Thursday and the theater was completely empty and we received tix in orch row Q. The house manager upgraded us to Row D center mez when we asked but the show not selling well does not guarantee a better assigned seat

wexy
#9TDF Seat Locations
Posted: 11/16/10 at 11:27am

I was P orchestra for Life In Theater and I ordered it the night before J orchestra for La Bete. Second row for Wings at Second Stage.
Lot of times I just go by myself and get better seats

'Take me out tonight where's there's music and there's people and they're young and alive.'

PurpleFanta Profile Photo
PurpleFanta
#10TDF Seat Locations
Posted: 11/16/10 at 11:30am

I was second row mezz last night at Bloody Bloody.

Orangesaretuesdays
#11TDF Seat Locations
Posted: 11/16/10 at 9:02pm

I'm thinking of getting a membership although I live in DC. How long in advance can you get tickets for a show on TDF?
Updated On: 11/16/10 at 09:02 PM

tking001
#12TDF Seat Locations
Posted: 11/16/10 at 10:40pm

I think TDF does a thing if u are more than 100 milles from NYC u can get a special membership for like less money and more advance dates
You should check that out before signing up for regular

On the regular one tho dates can vary Ive seen some stuff go up that day by usually its atleast the night before.
Some shows are up for weeks at a time(mostly off broadway)

Videos