News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for broadwaybelter

broadwaybelter Profile Photo
Member Name: broadwaybelter
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

2018 Pulitzer Prize  Mar 7 2018, 03:25:14 PM
The "American life" rule does not seem to be a determining factor. Nottage won her first Pulitzer for Ruined in 2009.
SELLING: Angels in America, Broadway, 3/2 & 3/3 7pm  Jan 15 2018, 01:16:48 PM
Whoops. Now accepting PM's.
SELLING: Angels in America, Broadway, 3/2 & 3/3 7pm  Jan 15 2018, 01:02:10 AM

Hey Folks. I am selling a single ticket bundle that I can no longer use. Bundle is inclusive of two single seats for Parts I & II of Angels in America. Details below. PM me if interested

Angels in America, Pts I & II - March 2 & March 3, 7pm. Neil Simon Theater

Mezzanine, Row R, Seat 125. I purchased for $221, but selling for $150.00. Tickets cannot be sold separately as they were originally purchased as a bundle.

Venmo and PayPal are acce

Does anyone know if there will be a discount code for Angels in America?  Jan 7 2018, 08:13:26 PM
I'm selling a single ticket bundle for 3/2&3/3 at 7pm. Mezz, Row R, 125

Bought for $210, selling for $160.00
Pm me if interested..

Royal Court production of Martin McDonagh's  Dec 6 2016, 01:28:44 AM

Is this still coming in this season?

Ride the cyclone MCC  Nov 24 2016, 12:17:43 AM

Looks like Tiffany Tatreau will be reprising her role as she did in Chicago.

http://www.mcctheater.org/shows/16-17_season/ride-the-cyclone/whoswho.html

HERE LIES LOVE transfer?  Nov 2 2016, 05:19:28 PM

The production will be staged this summer as a co-production wtih Seattle Rep and American Conservatory Theater in San Francisco. Not sure if Ricamora will join the cast of that production.

Will THE BANDSTAND open on Broadway?  Sep 15 2016, 11:31:29 PM

They do have a listing on telecharge, which leads one to believe they are close to an official announcement.

The OFFICIAL Harry Potter and the Cursed Child Preview Thread  Jul 13 2016, 11:28:34 AM

Quon said: "Has anyone seen this play at all?

I have seen this production. Based on the audience response, the general consensus seems to be that the Potter fans--and I will include myself in that category--are extremely enthusiastic to revisit this world and continue to follow such beloved characters. Overall the production does not disappoint; the technical/magical moments and movement/choreography are easily the most winning components of this show. The st

So whatever happened to GOTTA DANCE...  Jun 23 2016, 04:47:48 PM

Not sure if this means anything, but it now appears on Telecharge.

https://www.telecharge.com/Broadway/Gotta-Dance/Overview

IN TRANSIT to Broadway Fall '16/Winter '17  Jun 15 2016, 01:59:39 PM

Per an Equity casting notice:

http://www.playbill.com/job/in-transit-broadway-ecc-female-and-male-dancers

What are the chances Dear Evan Hansen Transfers to Broadway ?  May 14 2016, 03:41:34 PM

Dancingthrulife2 said: "Not sure if it's relevant, but Helen Hayes is included in the staff list of the playbill.

"

Second Stage owns the Hayes.

Next up at the Longacre  Jan 10 2016, 09:56:18 PM

According to the Nerds, the Musical facebook, their address is listed as 220 W. 48th Street, which is the address of the Longacre Theater. Guess they'll be making an announcement shortly.

Award Winning Playwright Almost Slaps a Theatre Patron (and what that apparently says about our theatre)  Jan 9 2016, 12:01:45 AM

@A Director is referring to a quote from Lloyd Suh who issued a statement after the controversy over the casting of his play Jesus in India at Clarion University. While that quote more directly applies to artists of color specifically, it definitely applies in this instance, too. Rather than say "Wow. I'm exhibiting some unfavorable behavior. I should change that", white people tend to default to, "AAAAH!! I'M NOT RACIST. OMGOMGOMGOMG. I'M GOING TO DO WHATE

Award Winning Playwright Almost Slaps a Theatre Patron (and what that apparently says about our theatre)  Jan 7 2016, 01:37:00 AM

@Gypsy @Matt Rogers @RippedMan: I thought you might be interested in attending this event coming up. It seems up your alley:

http://www.wcvb.com/news/donald-trumps-campaign-issues-20000-tickets-for-1400-rally-seats/37297322

Award Winning Playwright Almost Slaps a Theatre Patron (and what that apparently says about our theatre)  Jan 7 2016, 01:29:14 AM

Talk about the pot calling the kettle black. Oh, the irony. It hurts. If you're curious as to what I mean, I would simply go back and read all of your completely mangled, inarticulate posts and try to make sense of them.

SKELETON CREW @ Atlantic Stage 2  Jan 6 2016, 11:25:37 PM

Anyone planning on seeing this? Previews started tonight.

Award Winning Playwright Almost Slaps a Theatre Patron (and what that apparently says about our theatre)  Dec 25 2015, 10:08:34 PM

@SNAFU: Did...we...lose..you..at...some...point? The. system. is. racist. Systemic. Racism. Learn it, know it, reread this thread, respect your fellow theatergoers. What's perceived about it? Our cultural and social systems cater to primarily white people, behavior and all.

@songanddanceman2: Yep. People of color will always have a more difficult time. Always. I am not saying that a gay person is not subject to hardship. Yes, it does happen. And yes, it is defi

Award Winning Playwright Almost Slaps a Theatre Patron (and what that apparently says about our theatre)  Dec 25 2015, 06:31:29 PM

@Kade.Ivy: When your life is full of these types 'anecdotal evidence' and 'buzzwords', they tend to be more than just a polemic. Of course, if you have never been subject to discriminatory behavior based on the race, then this would probably seem like a polemic.

@kdogg36: I was being mildly facetious to exemplify the sheer absurdity of songanddanceman2's comment. After a lifetime of these types of remarks, your blood pressure would probably go up, too.

Award Winning Playwright Almost Slaps a Theatre Patron (and what that apparently says about our theatre)  Dec 20 2015, 01:35:18 PM

@SNAFU: The flaw in your logic is that Dominique never told Jane how she should enjoy the play. The only retort Dominique offered is that she will laugh at moments she finds funny, she will clap along with the chorus, which, is a very brief moment in the play. She also told Jane to NOT to tell her how to react. Which is exactly what I'm doing here in this thread. My cultural consideration flows in one direction? Hm, That could be possibly true since the default 'culture', or lack

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You