News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for mxfish1313

Member Name: mxfish1313
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

Max Clayton was amazing tonight!  Jun 18 2022, 10:34:50 PM

I saw the show at the end of April and saw Max as Marcellus. Didn’t even realize he was an understudy for that part until I was checking out the playbill again tonight and saw the slip! I thought he was so charismatic as Harold’s “second in command”, so I’ve no doubt he could carry the main role. Wish I was local so I could check him out as Harold, but am glad I got to see him in the production at all. He was incredibly charismatic. 

The 75th Annual TONY Awards!  Jun 13 2022, 03:32:40 AM

So for my most recent NYC trip, we had originally booked tickets for February 2021, with our ‘catalyst show’ (basically our ‘initial reason’ for our travels, that we build our travels around. So, this time it was The Music Man, mostly because my mom and I love Sutton, lol. Our trip this past April ended up with us seeing 12 shows in 8 days, and many of them were/included Tony noms, which has all been exciting and also been a fun throw-back to 2018 when we managed to se

Audience Rewards - Merch Redemption  May 24 2022, 10:09:31 PM

Another success story here! I ordered a Moulin Rouge window card and it arrived in perfect condition - packed flat with a DO NOT BEND sticker.

A Case For The Existence of God (New Samuel D Hunter Play)  May 1 2022, 02:34:56 PM

We saw this last night as the final performance of a 12-show, week-long trip. Leading up to the show we were lamenting not ending the trip with one of the bigger, splashier musicals, but after seeing this we knew we made the right choice. The ups and downs within the storyline were perfectly handled by the actors, IMO. Their give-and-take and authenticity really drew me in and the ending was beautiful and gave us plenty to talk about and ponder on the walk back to our hotel. We were in the se

A Strange Loop or Hadestown?  Apr 28 2022, 01:03:51 AM

icb7 said: "Rakesh Natarajan said: "When would you be seeing Hadestown? A Strange Loop and Hadestown are two of my top-five musicals and honestly, you can't go wrong either way.

If you are seeing Hadestown before Andre De Shields leaves (May 29th), then I would recommend Hadestown. De Shields is absolutely phenomenal in that role and carries an insane amount of stage presence. His decades of experience as an actor are on perfect display in this role. I've

THE SKIN OF OUR TEETH Previews  Apr 24 2022, 11:42:55 PM

I also saw it this afternoon and really, really enjoyed it. I went in blind, having only read the threads here and the website synopsis beforehand, and I felt a whole lot of things afterwards. Excited to think on it some more the next few days. 

FWIW, the $39 seats in the back of the loge were really incredible. We were row D in the center loge section (only one row behind) and we both said we’d sit there again for any show. Great sight lines, I thought. 

AMERICAN BUFFALO Reviews  Apr 22 2022, 10:49:36 PM

MasterThespian 2 said: "Fishburne out with COVID. Christ, this is so frustrating. It’s buyer beware when purchasing tickets for a star-driven production.

Assume no Telecharge refunds since the show went on with an understudy. I have tickets for mid-May. Really hope I get all three stars. These days, who knows what to expect?
"

Buyer beware, indeed. Just got into town tonight and have tix for AB on Friday. I’m frustrated, but knew this was possib

POTUS: OR, BEHIND EVERY GREAT DUMBASS ARE SEVEN WOMEN TRYING TO KEEP HIM ALIVE Previews  Apr 20 2022, 12:51:36 PM

nealb1 said: "Looking forward to seeing this. I'll be getting a rush ticket for tomorrow, April 21st."

Please post what seat you get and how early you lined up! Trying to rush this in a few days and like to know what I can expect (as much as we ever can, lol).

POTUS: OR, BEHIND EVERY GREAT DUMBASS ARE SEVEN WOMEN TRYING TO KEEP HIM ALIVE Previews  Apr 20 2022, 10:36:53 AM

dramamama611 said: "I'm seeing this tonight. I'm not a fan of JH, but was impressed with the positive comments about her performance. My bigger fear is that she won't be the only one, they'll be forced to cancel and I'll miss my opportunity to see this."

This is my fear, as well. We fly in on Friday and were planning to rush this on Saturday. If it shuts down over the weekend, our last hail-Mary slot would be next Thursday, otherwise I’ll mi

Company reviews  Mar 30 2022, 05:37:50 PM

Phillytheatreguy10 said: "I have tickets to see this for a third time Friday- I've been lucky enough to see the entire original revival cast, Jennifer when she was on for Patti and now whatever iteration I get on Friday night. The bench is deep with talent at Company- very excited for Nikki today, she's a star in her own right- I remember her Nabalungi a few years ago when Gavin Creel was in Mormon."

I saw her in that same BoM run and she was phenomenal. I&rs

Little Shop...Who Leads? Anyone know?  Mar 30 2022, 01:18:20 PM

7thbighero said: "Per Telecharge:

*PLEASE NOTE: For performances 5/3/22 through 5/29/22, Christian Borle will not perform the role of "Orin & Others."
"

Oh bless you for this. I’ve been anxiously watching for info on his dates the past month or so, ever since buying my LSOH tickets for the end of April. Our trip was already set in stone so we wouldn’t have been able to adjust things to see him, I was just holding out a glimme

AMERICAN BUFFALO 2022 Previews  Mar 22 2022, 06:19:25 PM
willep said: "Yeah, the front row looks genuinely terrible for this show based on those pics. I wonder if those will be the rush seats."

I just exchanged the front row tickets we had for this. Now we’re in the third row for the same price and I think we’ll be much happier there. They were great seats for Oklahoma!

The BWW Tech Support Thread  Mar 5 2022, 01:01:02 PM

pmensky said: "The BWW iPad app has become unusable. The app refreshes anywhere from every 15 to 40 seconds and goes back to the top of the current page. If I want to post on the message boards, I have to compose my message outside the app then cut and paste it very quickly back in the app before it refreshes or the message is lost. This is not something I’m experiencing on any other apps."

I’m having this issue on the iPhone app as well. It did it right

AN OFFICER AND A GENTLEMAN musical will launch tour this fall  Feb 5 2022, 04:04:39 PM

windowwaving said: "Has anyone seen this yet? Debating if it's worth checking out. I've never seen the movie nor am I that familiar with songs from the 80s."

It came through my local place as part of my season tickets back in November. I hadn’t seen the movie for like twenty years so I didn’t have any expectations or memories of the overall story, the only part I remembered was the final scene. 

It’s not GREAT, but I

Seating for Winter Garden - Musicev Man  Feb 4 2022, 10:34:31 PM

angoradebs said: "That week is very well sold, I have no idea where they'll put an entire row of people for each performance without severely downgrading you. They may be hoping that more people opt to return their tickets since performances through 4/30 are refundable, but that seems pretty unlikely. Honestly, if you find seats you'd like to sit in for a date that works for you, you might be better served to just utilize the exchange button on your order page (or buy new tic

Seating for Winter Garden - Music Man  Feb 4 2022, 08:44:48 PM

SueFB said: "mxfish1313 said: "SueFB said: "Somebody in the Previews thread asked about experiences of people who had purchased seats in Row BB. We had an interesting experience. We had purchased three tickets in Row BB. When the row went away, two of them were moved to the "equivalent" seats in Row A, but the third was moved to an aisle seat in Row B with a clear view of the stage - but on the other side of the theater. Which is okay, but kind of disappoi

Seating for Winter Garden - Music Man  Feb 4 2022, 06:56:36 PM

SueFB said: "Somebody in the Previews thread asked about experiences of people who had purchased seats in Row BB. We had an interesting experience. We had purchased three tickets in Row BB. When the row went away, two of them were moved to the "equivalent" seats in Row A, but the third was moved to an aisle seat in Row B with a clear view of the stage - but on the other side of the theater. Which is okay, but kind of disappointing that we got separated. Telecharge said that

THE MUSIC MAN Previews  Feb 4 2022, 11:32:51 AM

angoradebs said: "Row A is definitely the front row for all 3 sections of the orchestra for this production. They never sold AA tickets, but they did sell some BB tickets before the seating was finalized. I believe there was some discussion on here a few months ago about people who had BB tickets being contacted by Telecharge and moved to different seats. Have you double checked your Telecharge order to see if it still says BB? Maybe you missed an email"

Thanks for c

THE MUSIC MAN Previews  Feb 3 2022, 08:53:05 PM

angoradebs said: "I saw this show 3 times between Weds-Sat and I loved every bit of it. I'm 100% the target audience as Music Man has been one of my favorite shows for 20+ years, and I love both Hugh and Sutton.

I sat in orchestra E1, orchestra A1, and mezz A18 (my seat was A30 but 16-28 were empty so I moved)

I know people are curious about the front row seats. A1 is partial view in the same way a lot of front side seats are - if someone is standing center

Avett Brothers’ SWEPT AWAY at Berkeley Rep - Previews & Reviews  Jan 25 2022, 02:19:20 AM

schubox said: "saw a woman with a Avett Brothers custom made denim jacket”

Is that what that was?? I was sat directly behind her and could only see the top quarter or so of the back of it and spent no small amount of time trying to figure out what I was looking at, haha. 

I really enjoyed the show, but can agree with some of the other reviews. I was actually really impressed with Enscoe - surprising to me only because I was specifically there to finally

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You