News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for Eileen2

Eileen2 Profile Photo
Member Name: Eileen2
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

re: Worried About My Tickets - Advice?
 Apr 17 2008, 12:50:48 AM
I wouldn't panic, but I'd give them a call during business hours and ask to speak with their customer service department. Even if they didn't arrive in time, they could arrange for you to pick them up at the will call window. Good luck
re: Last Night
 Jul 30 2007, 12:22:16 AM
I think alot of it is the added energy of closing night. While the performers are sad to see it close, I think they respond to the audience's energy. I was at the closing night of The Boy from Oz, and it was like no other Broadway performance I had ever been at. The performers kicked it up a notch, the audience was at it's peak, and everything was just in top form. Yes, the applause got a bit much at times, the reaction of the performers made it worth it.

re: Hairspray ticket prices.
 Jul 22 2007, 11:07:46 PM
That's nuts... at that cost, I'd wait until it was out on DVD. I used to go to the movies almost weekly when there were enough good movies out, as prices went up, my attendance dropped and I now rent more often then I go to the movies and that's for a whole lot less then the UK cost. Ouch
re: HAIRSPRAY Questions answered here! (inevitable Spoilers)
 Jul 22 2007, 01:37:25 AM
I normally don't see films on opening weekend, as I hit battling the crowd, but I just got back. I went to see it with my Mom who also loved it, especially the ending. Loved the orchestrations and casting.

A quick question... I was at Midsummer Night's Swing at Lincoln Center and some people started doing "The Madison" that someone said was from Hairspray. I was doing it along with them, and I didn't see "The Madison" in the film.

Do you know if I missed something, is the M

re: 'Gypsy's' Audience Demographic: According to Michael Musto
 Jul 19 2007, 09:02:09 AM
Hmm... I guess I was standing on an imaginary long line for the ladies room?
re: Gyspy-City Center Question?
 Jul 14 2007, 12:22:10 AM
The stage door is on 56th street. Hopefully she'll start coming out, she didn't at the first preview.

BB should be absolutely fine.

re: Gypsy
 Jul 10 2007, 01:23:37 AM
No, about 10:30 someone from City Center came out and said nobody's left in the dressing room area.
 Jul 10 2007, 01:14:39 AM
Haha...Patti delivers a revolutionary performance, flubs her lines, and ALL IS LOST!

I didn't mean that, but out of anyone I would have expected absolute perfection from her. She was absolutely amazing.

How was Laurents at the stage door?

Laurent was very kind, he first walked through the crowd with little interest, but he then stopped and signed quite a number of autographs.

I am PRAYING Sondheim will be at the press night July 14th. And will stage door

Jul 10 2007, 12:49:34 AM
I can't add too much more to what's already been said...

I agree Patti was perfectly cast, I loved the chemistry between her and the other cast members. In addition to the other numbers mentioned, I also enjoyed Together, the chemistry where the three of them come together as a family was fun.

Patti flubbed a couple of lines, and called June "Jane" a handful of times and there was one other can fall, nothing unexpected at a preview.

The one thing I was curious and c

re: GYPSY at TKTS
 Jul 10 2007, 12:14:09 AM
The orchestra was packed... I don't think there were any empty seats downstairs.
re: Per ATC: Negotiations in the Works for Grey Gardens Taping
 Jul 2 2007, 02:06:18 PM
What's stopping it? It usually comes down to money... where is Great Performances in their budget season, what did they already have planned, what are the costs going to be? They usually plan pretty far in advance, so while I hope this comes together, having 2 Broadway shows preserved for broadcast/DVD in such a short time would be fairly impressive.
re: Which do you prefer - Miss Saigon or Les Miserables?
 Jun 28 2007, 12:11:31 AM
Miss Saigon was a bore to me... Les Mis is still my favorite musical.
re: Company rush
 Jun 24 2007, 02:08:06 AM
I don't know how much rush tickets are, but I went tonight, got a single ticket for $36.25, and since they were far from a full house, they let me sit in the second row of the rear mezzanine, which were very good seats.
re: Ticket prices up for Legally Blonde.
 Jun 20 2007, 08:32:34 AM
I used to go to the theater very often. The way ticket prices keep rising, even with discounts and the tickets board, it becomes too costly to be a regular.
re: Who Do YOU Want to Replace Ebersole?
 Jun 18 2007, 11:09:58 PM
Patti Lupone
re: Who has been nicest to you at the Stage Door?
 Apr 25 2007, 07:52:14 AM
The Boy from Oz cast
Nathan Lane
Matthew Broderick
Brad Garrett
Billy Crystal
Jack Klugman
I can't recall his name, but the man who starred in the George Burns play was amazing after the show.
Ann Reinking
Ben Vereen
Norbert Leo Butz
Jonathon Pryce
Gregory Jbara

re: J. Mark McVey / Marvin Hamlisch
 Apr 15 2007, 01:36:43 AM
No, it was mostly a retrospective of his favorite films and shows. In addition to my note, he did music from As Time Goes By, Gone with the Wind, The Swimmer, My Fair Lady, Ragtime Medley, Schindler's List, Sophie's Choice, Ice Castle, The Way We Were adn A Chorus Line Overture.
J. Mark McVey / Marvin Hamlisch
 Apr 14 2007, 11:41:36 PM
I just came back from the NJ Symphony Orchestra doing Marvin at the Movies, conducted by Marvin Hamlisch with three solos by J. Mark McVey including his standard "Bring Him Home" and although he wasn't the Phantom, I've heard him do "Music of the Night" before and it suits him well. He also performed the "Soliloquy" from Carousel, which was excellent.

I loved the arrangements they performed and Marvin is a fun performer as well as it being fun to listen to him play. Overall a good nig

re: So...who has actually been able to get a ticket to GYPSY?
 Apr 9 2007, 12:21:20 PM
Thanks for the tip... opening night of previews isn't my first choice, but I couldn't get through on the phones and had been trying other nights on the website. Now, I can go back to work...
re: Thrilling Stage Door Experiences...
 Mar 17 2007, 07:45:02 PM
A large crowd singing "Once Before I Go... " to Hugh Jackman after the closing of "The Boy from Oz".
You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You