Company rush

Doogie Profile Photo
Doogie
#1Company rush
Posted: 6/23/07 at 8:56pm

Hey guys-

If myself and 3 friends (4 of us) get to the Barrymore at about 12:30 tomorrow (for the 3:00 show), would we be ok getting 4 rush seats to Company? or would we need to be earlier. Thanks a bunch!

millie_dillmount Profile Photo
millie_dillmount
#2re: Company rush
Posted: 6/23/07 at 9:14pm

What happened here:

re: Company rush

"We like to snark around here. Sometimes we actually talk about theater...but we try not to let that get in our way." - dramamama611

millie_dillmount Profile Photo
millie_dillmount
#2re: Company rush
Posted: 6/23/07 at 9:15pm

And to answer your question, there have been conflicting stories as to when they start selling rush. I've heard 2 hours before the show is when they start. In tomorrow's case, that'd be 1 pm; however I've heard that they also give out tickets when the box office opens. If you want, see if you can buy them at 12 and wait around the extra hour (or half hour) if you need to.

"We like to snark around here. Sometimes we actually talk about theater...but we try not to let that get in our way." - dramamama611

dancingthrulife04 Profile Photo
dancingthrulife04
#3re: Company rush
Posted: 6/23/07 at 9:28pm

What the hell?

Anyway, they sell them 3 hours before the show. Which, on a Sunday, is when the box office opens at 12.

http://www.beintheheights.com/katnicole1 (Please click and help me win!) I chose, and my world was shaken- So what?
The choice may have been mistaken, The choosing was not...
"Every day has the potential to be the greatest day of your life." - Lin-Manuel Miranda
"And when Idina Menzel is singing, I'm always slightly worried that her teeth are going to jump out of her mouth and chase me." - Schmerg_the_Impaler

Doogie Profile Photo
Doogie
#4re: Company rush
Posted: 6/23/07 at 10:31pm

will they be gone by 12:30?

dancingthrulife04 Profile Photo
dancingthrulife04
#5re: Company rush
Posted: 6/23/07 at 10:37pm

Probably not.

http://www.beintheheights.com/katnicole1 (Please click and help me win!) I chose, and my world was shaken- So what?
The choice may have been mistaken, The choosing was not...
"Every day has the potential to be the greatest day of your life." - Lin-Manuel Miranda
"And when Idina Menzel is singing, I'm always slightly worried that her teeth are going to jump out of her mouth and chase me." - Schmerg_the_Impaler

Eileen2 Profile Photo
Eileen2
#6re: Company rush
Posted: 6/24/07 at 2:08am

I don't know how much rush tickets are, but I went tonight, got a single ticket for $36.25, and since they were far from a full house, they let me sit in the second row of the rear mezzanine, which were very good seats.

jordangirl Profile Photo
jordangirl
#7re: Company rush
Posted: 6/24/07 at 6:43am

When I walked by the theatre yesterday to wait for LoveMusik rush, there were already like 3 or 4 people out in front of the Barrymore. I didn't see how long that line was when the box offices opened. I'd plan on trying to be in line before they open if you're trying for a Sunday. Just in case. (Course I have no idea how many rush seats that have, so that's just a guess.)

Experience live theater. Experience paintings. Experience books. Live, look and listen like artists! ~ imaginethis
LIVE THAT LESSON!!!!!!

viola13
#8re: Company rush
Posted: 6/24/07 at 11:57am

I rushed the night show yesterday and they were selling at 5pm. I got there at 3pm and was second in line.

frogs_fan85 Profile Photo
frogs_fan85
#9re: Company rush
Posted: 6/24/07 at 12:06pm

I got there yesterday at about 11:15 to get a rush ticket for the 2 pm show. I ended up getting Box B on house left. So they'd be selling them long enough to sell out the front row and the boxes on house right. I was able to move at intermission to the front mezz house right for a much better view.

luvtheEmcee Profile Photo
luvtheEmcee
#10re: Company rush
Posted: 6/24/07 at 12:53pm

A met a friend on the line at ten of noon today, and the line was huge. He got there around 11:30. We got the front box. Hope you got tickets, Doogie!

A work of art is an invitation to love.

Katecab99 Profile Photo
Katecab99
#11re: Company rush
Posted: 6/24/07 at 2:34pm

i was there a little after 3pm yesterday for the evening show, and i was first in line.

but i really think it depends on the day...

and i think there was a pretty extensive thread on this a few days ago!
Updated On: 6/24/07 at 02:34 PM

sweeneynut Profile Photo
sweeneynut
#13re: Company rush
Posted: 6/24/07 at 5:22pm

That was an interesting threadjack...

But now that there's another thread, does anyone know about the rush on Tuesday? From what I understand, they are now selling 3 hours before the show, so would 4pm be reasonable(for a front row ticket), or should I get there at 3? Sorry about sounding like every other question ever asked on rush specifications :P

"My muffin top is all that/whole grain and low-fat/I know you want a piece of that/But I just wanna dance!"

mint0621 Profile Photo
mint0621
#14re: Company rush
Posted: 6/24/07 at 8:54pm

sweeneynut, i would get there at 2:30PM (or even a bit earlier), since Tuesday evening performances are at 7PM, not at 8PM, and rush tickets will start selling probabnly at 4PM. Better to be safe than sorry, I think it is becoming more and more difficult to get rush tickets since the show is closing. The waiting is worth it, trust me :)

hornbass
#15re: Company rush
Posted: 6/24/07 at 9:12pm

I was also there yesterday. Tried really hard to get them to sell the tickets early because I had tickets to Deuce for the afternoon and wanted rush for evening. They were really sticking to the 3 hours ahead. So we came back as soon as Deuce was over and by 3:30 we were about 13th in line.

I'd be there as early as possible and yes...it's worth it!!

luvtheEmcee Profile Photo
luvtheEmcee
#16re: Company rush
Posted: 6/24/07 at 9:13pm

Getting there at four, when they sell the tickets, will probably not get you a front row seat; people have been lining up way before the time at which they're sold. Go early, bring a book.

A work of art is an invitation to love.