pixeltracker

Ticket prices up for Legally Blonde.

Ticket prices up for Legally Blonde.

JerseyScoundrel
#1Ticket prices up for Legally Blonde.
Posted: 6/20/07 at 12:36am

www.ticketmaster.com/event/03003D19E2BEBC85
artistid=1088449&majorcatid=10002&minorcatid=207

"This is a stupid story. It never stops. But we keep making lemonade! We're opening the biggest f***ing lemonade stand you ever saw!" -Walter Bobbie after a long day of Sweet Charity Rehersals (Newyorkmetro.com)

Luckydave14
#2re: Ticket prices up for Legally Blonde.
Posted: 6/20/07 at 12:54am

This is ridiculous. The ticket prices just went up to $110 not too long ago.

wonderfulwizard11 Profile Photo
wonderfulwizard11
#2re: Ticket prices up for Legally Blonde.
Posted: 6/20/07 at 12:55am

I'm lazy, so could someone tell the number for all the lazy people?

I am a firm believer in serendipity- all the random pieces coming together in one wonderful moment, when suddenly you see what their purpose was all along.

millie_dillmount Profile Photo
millie_dillmount
#3re: Ticket prices up for Legally Blonde.
Posted: 6/20/07 at 12:56am

Well, there's always the $11 discount!

Which brings it back down to the old original price...how pathetic. One of the reasons why this show is doing extremely well now is because it's summer and it is based on a movie. Come winter, the grosses will start dwindling and they'll want to lower the prices again.

"We like to snark around here. Sometimes we actually talk about theater...but we try not to let that get in our way." - dramamama611

millie_dillmount
#4re: Ticket prices up for Legally Blonde.
Posted: 6/20/07 at 12:57am

The $110 tickets are now $120.

Also: $85, $65, $45.

"We like to snark around here. Sometimes we actually talk about theater...but we try not to let that get in our way." - dramamama611

BroadwayEnthusiast2 Profile Photo
BroadwayEnthusiast2
#5re: Ticket prices up for Legally Blonde.
Posted: 6/20/07 at 1:01am

This is so rediculous. They think they're gonna keep filling the Palace with those prices?

"I mean, sitting side by side with another man watching Patti LuPone play Rose in GYPSY on Broadway is essentially the equivalent of having hardcore sex." -Wanna Be A Foster. "Say 'Goody.' Say 'Bubbi.'" ... "That's it. Exactly as if it were 'Goody.' Now I know you're gonna sing 'Goody' this time, but nevertheless..."

AnnaK<3LMIP Profile Photo
AnnaK<3LMIP
#6re: Ticket prices up for Legally Blonde.
Posted: 6/20/07 at 1:02am

Well Legally Blonde is worth it.Obviously.

I mean, Denzel Washington? Gun to my head..of course.

mikem Profile Photo
mikem
#7re: Ticket prices up for Legally Blonde.
Posted: 6/20/07 at 1:27am

I believe that Legally Blonde is the first show to charge $120 at all performances. I'm a little surprised that it is the trendsetter -- it's not doing THAT well, is it?

"What was the name of that cheese that I like?" "you can't run away forever...but there's nothing wrong with getting a good head start" "well I hope and I pray, that maybe someday, you'll walk in the room with my heart"

Becoz_i_knew_you21 Profile Photo
Becoz_i_knew_you21
#8re: Ticket prices up for Legally Blonde.
Posted: 6/20/07 at 1:38am

I would so shell out 120 bucks to watch fluff.

Clara's Pony Profile Photo
Clara's Pony
#9re: Ticket prices up for Legally Blonde.
Posted: 6/20/07 at 1:39am

Wicked set the trend for £60 top-price tickets in London (equivalent to $120), and that was a while ago. Now that previews are over, LOTR stalls seats have risen from £50 to £60; Spamalot & Billy Elliot (from October) are also £60. It's fast becoming the standard rather than the exception over here I'm sad to report, and unlike Blonde I don't think they're going to come down anytime soon.

Why, hello Margaret! Yes darling, half past five. Well, everyone, simply le tout Park Avenue and la creme de Hyannis! Well, the press table's going to be awfully crowded... but if you don't mind sharing a folding chair with Harper's Bazaar... Sing? Me? Heavens no, it's Edie's day, not mine... Although people can be so insistent, and I hate to disappoint. Twist my arm, blackmail me, threaten my very life, and who knows? You might get a verse of something...
Updated On: 6/20/07 at 01:39 AM

millie_dillmount
#10re: Ticket prices up for Legally Blonde.
Posted: 6/20/07 at 1:40am

It's doing fairly well. Not well enough to raise the prices, in my opinion. It's not selling out every week.

jimnysf
#11re: Ticket prices up for Legally Blonde.
Posted: 6/20/07 at 1:40am

I liked "LB" but this is nuts. The GREED continues. Nickel and dimeing people with restoration fees, premium seats, ticket increases and outrageous program prices. $120 is out of control and when you add on the service charges it is really crazy.

"I've lost everything! Luis, Marty, my baby with Chris, Chris himself, James. All I ever wanted was love." --Sheridan Crane "Passions" ------- "Housework is like bad sex. Every time I do it, I swear I'll never do it again til the next time company comes."--"Lulu" from "Can't Stop The Music" ----- "When the right doors didn't open for him, he went through the wrong ones" - "Sweet Bird of Youth" ------------ --------- "Passions" is uncancelled! See NBC.com for more info.

ljay889 Profile Photo
ljay889
#12re: Ticket prices up for Legally Blonde.
Posted: 6/20/07 at 1:42am

I just don't get when it will stop. 20-30 years from now; what will ticket prices be?

It's sickening to think about.

BroadwayEnthusiast2
#13re: Ticket prices up for Legally Blonde.
Posted: 6/20/07 at 1:46am

20-30 years from now- I really don't want to think about that.

"I mean, sitting side by side with another man watching Patti LuPone play Rose in GYPSY on Broadway is essentially the equivalent of having hardcore sex." -Wanna Be A Foster. "Say 'Goody.' Say 'Bubbi.'" ... "That's it. Exactly as if it were 'Goody.' Now I know you're gonna sing 'Goody' this time, but nevertheless..."

millie_dillmount
#14re: Ticket prices up for Legally Blonde.
Posted: 6/20/07 at 1:47am

Unfortunately, normal ticket prices may be closer to what the cost of premium tickets are right now. I can only wonder what premium prices will range in 20-30 years. $400-600 each?

But it will all balance out with people's saleries. The average salery is going to continue to increase, so prices of these luxury goods are going to continue to increase along with them.

I wonder what student rush prices will be as well. Will $40 be the new student rush?

BroadwayEnthusiast2
#15re: Ticket prices up for Legally Blonde.
Posted: 6/20/07 at 1:49am

If you ask me, 40 dollars is still really not bad. When it starts to get to 60-80 though, that's a different story.

mikem Profile Photo
mikem
#16re: Ticket prices up for Legally Blonde.
Posted: 6/20/07 at 2:06am

One disturbing trend that was noted by frontrowcentre2 in the Hits and Flops thread is that the average ticket price on Broadway went up almost $10 (about 15%) in a single year from $66.67 to $76.27. That rate of increase is obviously really outpacing inflation.

"What was the name of that cheese that I like?" "you can't run away forever...but there's nothing wrong with getting a good head start" "well I hope and I pray, that maybe someday, you'll walk in the room with my heart"

Mr Roxy Profile Photo
Mr Roxy
#17re: Ticket prices up for Legally Blonde.
Posted: 6/20/07 at 7:09am

Barnum was right

Poster Emeritus

Wanna Be A Foster Profile Photo
Wanna Be A Foster
#18re: Ticket prices up for Legally Blonde.
Posted: 6/20/07 at 7:28am

Those Tony Award wins must have gone to their--

Wait...

That Tony performance must have majorly increased word of--

Wait...

"Winning a Tony this year is like winning Best Attendance in third grade: no one will care but the winner and their mom."
-Kad

"I have also met him in person, and I find him to be quite funny actually. Arrogant and often misinformed, but still funny."
-bjh2114 (on Michael Riedel)

dramarama2 Profile Photo
dramarama2
#19re: Ticket prices up for Legally Blonde.
Posted: 6/20/07 at 7:41am

Legally Blonde is doing quite well. They are selling out most shows, except for the matinees, like a lot of shows.

A little known fact is that in the original screenplay, Pan's Labyrinth was Pan's FLAByrinth. Hmmmmmmm...glad they changed it.

jordangirl Profile Photo
jordangirl
#20re: Ticket prices up for Legally Blonde.
Posted: 6/20/07 at 7:42am

^ So THAT'S why it's been on the tkts board more often than not when I'm in the area ~ which is a lot. I "play" in Manhattan.

Experience live theater. Experience paintings. Experience books. Live, look and listen like artists! ~ imaginethis
LIVE THAT LESSON!!!!!!

scooter38432 Profile Photo
scooter38432
#21re: Ticket prices up for Legally Blonde.
Posted: 6/20/07 at 7:59am

Yet one more reason not to have to sit through that crappy show ever again.

Itty Bitty Geisha? Toyland? Gypsy Pasadoble? Just a few popular favorites...

ThankstoPhantom
#22re: Ticket prices up for Legally Blonde.
Posted: 6/20/07 at 8:13am

That is ridiculous. At least most other shows put the $120 on the weekends. Legally Blonde really thinks it's something.

If they don't lower the prices in the fall, it's going to hurt them tremendously.

How to properly use its/it's: Its is the possessive. It's is the contraction for it is...

AuditioningWaitress
#23re: Ticket prices up for Legally Blonde.
Posted: 6/20/07 at 8:17am

Am I missing something? When I go to TicketMaster it still lists the tickets as being $110? &250 for Premium.

Eileen2 Profile Photo
Eileen2
#24re: Ticket prices up for Legally Blonde.
Posted: 6/20/07 at 8:32am

I used to go to the theater very often. The way ticket prices keep rising, even with discounts and the tickets board, it becomes too costly to be a regular.