News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for Dulcinea

Dulcinea Profile Photo
Member Name: Dulcinea
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

re: Caution: The first few rows may get wet! (RENT- 4/15)
 May 21 2006, 03:21:11 AM
I'm not a big fan of Tim Howar anyway. I look at how amazingly talented Ruthie Henshall is and then I think what does she see in him. He must be great in bed.
re: Bad audience behavior - revisited
 May 21 2006, 03:15:48 AM
When I saw the revival of Man of La Mancha during the very emotional death scene someone's cell went off and they picked it up and carried on a conversation, I was livid.
What's Your Drowsy Chaperone?
 May 21 2006, 03:08:58 AM
What show can you not help loving; even though you know it really isn't any good?

I'm embarrassed to admit that for me it's.... Little Women. When I listen to the Cast Recording I can't help but be happy. What can I do?

re: Boy From Oz National Tour???
 Mar 17 2006, 09:54:54 PM
Though "Boy From Oz" was not the strongest show to ever play Broadway, there were many reasons to have seen the show. Aside from Hugh Jackman being amazing, Isabel Keating, Stephanie J Block and Beth Fowler held their own and didn't fade into the backgrond. Those women were incredible. And even if there was a tour with Hugh, I wouldn't see it unless they were in it as well.

In fact, I thought that they were even stronger than him, performance wise.

re: Little Women Discussion
 Mar 17 2006, 09:49:14 PM
perpetual- you seem to be very up-to-date on everyone's private lives. What's in your closet?
re: Little Women Discussion
 Mar 17 2006, 09:41:14 PM
As a life long lover of the novel, I can honestly say that no actress (in any of the films) has been able to capture the character of Jo March until Sutton Foster. She was Jo 100%. Also, Maureen McGovern was incredible if slightly under used (though that keeps with the novel). As for the show itself, it had quite a few week points, but it also had some very touching parts that I left the theatre thinking about.

So, like so many other shows, it was a flawed but enjoyable experience.

re: Maureen Stapleton Memories
 Mar 15 2006, 07:56:56 AM
I was shocked when I read on PLAYBILL about her death. She's lived down the street from my family for years and though she kept to herself a great deal, she was also extremely funny. I have many anecdotes about her I'm actually going to try to make it back for the funeral.

Goodbye Maureen.

re: Your Broadway wish list
 Mar 15 2006, 07:50:20 AM
I want them to take another crack at Mack and Mabel. They just can't seem to get it right. The score is amazing and needs to be appreciated. I think that a re-re-re-worked book might do the trick. Unfortunatley we'll never see Robert Preston and Bernadette Peters but I think that Hugh Jackman and Sutton Foster would tare the roof down.
re: 50 Years ago tonight: March 15, 1956
 Mar 15 2006, 07:47:49 AM
Happy Birthday My Fair Lady!!!
re: Favorite Sondheim Song?
 Mar 15 2006, 07:45:45 AM
I think that one of the most perfectly written songs is "I'm Still Here". It has so many incredible images and layers that it's just phenomenal. And in the hands of an amazing actress the song could easily blow any others out of the water.
re: Shows that need another recording
 Mar 15 2006, 07:31:05 AM
Ah, I see what you mean.

However, my problem is that if I hear or see a performance that I think is incredible I become very opinionated and negative towards others.

Like Chicago for instance: After hearing Chita and Gwen, I can't listen to anyone else. Even though I'm a huge Ruthie Henshall fan, I can't listen to her versions of the songs.

re: Movie that would make great musical adaptation
 Mar 15 2006, 07:25:53 AM
I've often thought "The Way We Were" would make a great musical but I don't think anyone could handle not having Streisand and Redford.
re: The Perfect Norma Desmond
 Mar 15 2006, 07:23:35 AM
Okay here's my opinion of various Normas:

1) I did not much thrill over Glenn - I thought she was rather dull and all she really did was copy Gloria Swanson

2) I thought Patti was amazing when I saw her in London

3) I actually agree about Cher- she'd be pretty good. Though, unfortunatley all the work she's had done would make her look ridiculous in a period piece

4) some people may think I'm crazy but I think Streisand would be incredible - I love her recordin

re: Favorite Soliloquy
 Mar 15 2006, 07:18:57 AM
Definitely Gwen Verdon version of Charity and Roxie (though I don't know if Roxie counts since she's talking to the audience) also I think that "Fire Within Me" from Little Women was very moving.

good point daspazoo about musical characters on stage.

re: Shows that need another recording
 Mar 15 2006, 07:11:40 AM
What do you mean by needing another recording? Do you mean because the originals are inadequate? Or do you just mean for another interpretation?

Becuase I think that some of the ones you listed are actually near perfection.

re: Side Show on Broadway
 Mar 15 2006, 06:58:55 AM
I saw Side Show shortly after it opened and it was amazing, though the book did have it's problems. The staging at times did seem rather plain and unimaginative (The Hiltons always stage center with Buddy and Terry perpetually stage left and right respectivally) but in the theatre you often got tied up in Emily and Alice and they made you look past the blocking.

But for all it's flaws it remains one of the only pop-theatre scores that I enjoy (perhaps that's because Emily and Alice con

re: Broadway star sightings!
 Nov 29 2004, 05:06:49 AM
Re: Barbra

I was just walking through Lincoln center plaza after going to the library and I saw a crowd of people. And me being a true busy body had to go see what everyone was looking at. When I got there I saw her walking into one of the buildings. She smiled and waved at us and I almost wet my pants. Because like any true theatre fag I adore her. Although many people look down at me for admitting it.
Oh well, Dere ain't nobody like babs.

re: Hottest MAN on Broadway
 Nov 29 2004, 04:58:31 AM
As so many others said:

HUGH JACKMAN

oh my god, jus shoot me now. When I saw Boy From OZ, I sat in the first row and my mouth hung open for he entire three hours.

LIBBY FROM SABRINA THE TEENAGE WITCH AS NESSA
 Nov 29 2004, 04:21:12 AM
Okay I just realized that you were being sarcastic, my apologies for jumping to anignorant conclusion. :o)
LIBBY FROM SABRINA THE TEENAGE WITCH AS NESSA
 Nov 29 2004, 04:19:27 AM
Plum:

"That Lady from Murder She Wrote?" Stick to their own medium? For your information Angela Lansbury started out in theatre LONG before Murder she Wrote. She was also the original Mame in the musical of Broadway. Many of her theatre fans were shocked when she accepted a murder mystery show.

As far as "frasier" I agree that he should stick to TV or less. Jason Alexander (though I don't personally care for him) also started out in theatre.

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You