News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for max2paradise

Member Name: max2paradise
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

re: Need Song for 2 boys and 1 girl for Competition
 Dec 4 2011, 11:49:39 PM
"Old Friends" from Merrily!
re: Sondheim Talks FOLLIES Movie Musical
 Aug 29 2011, 01:37:23 AM
My dream Phyllis is and always has been Stockard Channing. I'm really surprised she hasn't been mentioned yet.

I've also always been partial to Meryl Streep as Sally and Victor Garber as Ben. As for Buddy, I like John Lithgow or even Richard Gere.

Scenes You'll Never Forget
 Jun 19 2011, 03:02:01 PM
Jane Krakowski coming down from the sky half naked, wrapped in a towel in the revival of "Nine". Riveting.

Christine Ebersole's hands gripping at her fur coat during "Another Winter in a Summer Town" in Grey Gardens. A perfect performance.

Malcolm Gets kissing Will Chase's neck in "The Story of My Life". A powerful show more people should have gotten to see.

Spider-man cast CD...Does it have a chance?
 Dec 9 2010, 05:14:25 PM
If the show flops hard, I wouldn't be too sure. Elton John and Bernie Taupin's "Lestat" recording wasn't released. Perhaps Bono and the Edge will record a "concept album version" with Bono's vocals in lieu of a full cast album.
A question concerining the spate of Follies Productions
 Nov 2 2010, 02:53:54 AM
This reminds me a lot of when "A Little Night Music" had multiple major productions happening at around the same time, each with transfer possibilities.

There was obviously a production London directed by Trevor Nunn that eventually transferred to Broadway, but there was also a number of others. There was a concert production in Boston directed by Casey Hushion and starring Christine Ebersole, Mary Louise-Wilson (who withdrew at the last minute), and Ron Raines. There was a beautiful p

Discount tickets for V-Day at NYMF
 Oct 6 2010, 11:17:22 PM
Steve Rosen and David Rossmer of Don't Quit Your Night Job fame's musical V-Day opened Monday at NYMF and based on word of mouth, they sold out all there remaining performances really quick. NYMF has added an extension performance because of all the demand Friday night at 11pm. The tickets for that show are 2 for the price of 1 if you use the code 241VAY when you buy them. Everyone who's seen it thinks it's hilarious so it might be worth checking out. Seems like a fun show.

http://www.nymf.org/Show-1531.html

NYMF 2010
 Oct 6 2010, 11:14:09 PM
I'm on the team that loved the crap out of Nighttime Traffic. Alex Wyse's score is absolutely beautiful. Sure it needs some work, but it has a lot of potential. I think it's a good sign that it's polarizing and sparks a reaction and debate unlike some other NYMF shows that are so forgettable. Brings to mind a few other brilliant composers work...

I'm also seeing Tess Saturday and greatly looking forward to it.

I also just found out all of V-Day's performances sold out so quickl

Cattrall and Dossett out of KC FOLLIES
 Sep 27 2010, 01:38:00 PM
Is it too big of a pipe dream to hope for Liza Minnelli as Carlotta? I think she'd be absolutely perfect.

And if not, maybe they can get Leslie Kritzer as Liza Minnelli as Carlotta...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xMeVoZhndnY&feature=player_embedded#!

NYMF 2010
 Sep 21 2010, 12:06:10 AM
I am a HUGE NYMF fan. I highly recommend seeing anything and everything they put on. The show I am specifically most excited for is

Nighttime Traffic
http://www.nymf.org/show-1516.html

Recommendations for NYMF?
 Sep 7 2010, 08:44:32 PM
Nighttime Traffic
Trails
V-Day

A LITTLE NIGHT MUSIC'S reopening tonight....
 Jul 14 2010, 01:00:28 AM
Could I possibly also get a PM of "Liaisons"?

Funny Girl, With Sherman Hemsley, Aimed for Broadway Revival
 Jun 10 2010, 04:16:22 PM
Would it be really crazy to suggest Beyonce? She's said she wants to do Broadway if the right role came along at the right time, she's a documented Streisand fan, and she's certainly a name that would merit being above the title in a revival of this scale.
Brooke Sheilds in Night Music
 Apr 12 2010, 02:33:29 PM
I also love the idea of Blythe Danner and Gwyneth Paltrow! I'd definitely return to see them. I wouldn't really mind if the producers continued to bring in film and television actresses to play Desiree. It's a great role for it, and not too challenging to sing.
Brooke Shields in Night Music
 Apr 12 2010, 02:46:16 AM
According to BroadwaySpotted on Twitter, Brooke Shields was at Night Music last night. Any shot she's vying to replace Catherine Zeta Jones as Desiree?

Actors and actresses that you wish had more roles
 Apr 11 2010, 01:46:36 AM
Jane Krakowski in leads on stage.
Sherie Rene Scott in sassy revivals.

for sure TONY winners of 2010!
 Apr 8 2010, 03:55:37 PM
Truthfully, I think it's a thin category including Lansbury. I get that she's a legend in a stupendous role, but her performance isn't anything so spectacular. Or maybe it just wasn't when I saw it in early previews. In fact, she hadn't even committed her lines to memory and frequently went totally vacant. It was sort of depressing.

I think the marvelous Erin Davie will be ignored which is a shame. All of the other actresses in the category seemed lacking to me in comparison to Krysta,

Apr 8 2010, 03:55:12 PM
Truthfully, I think it's a thin category including Lansbury. I get that she's a legend in a stupendous role, but her performance isn't anything so spectacular. Or maybe it just wasn't when I saw it in early previews. In fact, she hadn't even committed her lines to memory and frequently went totally vacant. It was sort of depressing.

I think the marvelous Erin Davie will be ignored which is a shame. All of the other actresses in the category seemed lacking to me in comparison to Krysta,

Apr 8 2010, 12:26:13 PM
Why are we counting Krysta Rodriguez out? She's giving an awesome and potentially star-making performance in a slightly larger role than Jackie Hoffman, who is also great. Krysta's certainly meriting a nomination. I think the committee may see this as a way to honor both a legend and an up-and-comer. Ties have happened before.
 Apr 8 2010, 12:38:15 AM
My humble picks for Nominees and Winners

Best Musical
American Idiot - Winner
Everyday Rapture
Addams Family
Fela

Best Revival
A Little Night Music - Winner
La Cage Aux Folles
Ragtime
Promises, Promises

Best Score
American Idiot - Winner
Addams Family
Memphis

Best Book
Everyday Rapture - Winner
American Idiot
Addams Family
Fela

Best Actor
Douglas Hodge - Winner
Alexander Hanson
Sa

Everyday Rapture Song Question
 Apr 6 2010, 09:37:14 PM
"Why" by David Byrne. One of my favorites in the show.
You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You