News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for bwayemma

Member Name: bwayemma
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

Broadway Records to release MY FAIR LADY cast album  May 23 2018, 02:26:57 PM

dmwnc1959 said: "bwayemma said: "Do you think they'll be putting it on spotify as well?"

Unfortunately the email only mentioned iTunes specifically, with the “etc.” leaving us hanging on what other services the digital download would be available for purchase. I’d lovefor it to show up on Napster as well, but my gut feeling says that it won’t be on the monthly pay streaming networks for several months after it’s

Broadway Records to release MY FAIR LADY cast album  May 23 2018, 12:44:03 AM

dmwnc1959 said: "I emailed them and asked this:

In regards to the upcoming release, I’m only seeing references to a CD, whereas the annoucement indicated a Digital Download. Since I don’t own a CD player and listen to most all of my music off of my iPhone (i.e. Napster, previously Rhapsody, etc.), I’d be interested in the Digital Download. Any idea of the cost, and will it be released the same day as the CD?

Thank you.
<

SWEENEY TODD Closing August 26th  May 23 2018, 12:38:08 AM

LJD123 said: "Please post if anyone gets a discount code for August, I won't be able to make the trip to NYC until then, thanks!"

same for July!

Jagged Little Pill to Premiere at ART  May 23 2018, 12:30:01 AM

V2David said: "I hope so. I'll be in Boston end of July. I'm seeing Moulin Rouge but hoping to see this too. It looks like the calendar is open if they wanted to extend but I don't know how much preproduction time they need to give the next play."

I'm in the same boat!! I really wanna see this and would be devastated if I missed it.

Jagged Little Pill to Premiere at ART  May 22 2018, 08:56:49 PM

Does anyone know if they might extend?

Groundhog Day sheet music?  May 22 2018, 08:55:10 PM

In May 2017, Tim Minchin said it would be released before Christmas but it's wayyyy passed then so I was wondering if anyone has any updates on sheet music being released?

Mean Girls tour casting speculations  May 17 2018, 09:51:32 PM

I think Stephanie Styles could be a killer Regina.

HEAD OVER HEELS  May 15 2018, 11:55:54 AM

I agree with you all on Dameta's things. I really hope they don't cut Vacation either, Taylor Iman Jones is so talented and it's her only big song. It's just gonna be really difficult to move.

Also, I sat in the same row as the Color Purple cast!! They were so sweet and all had a BLAST!! 

HEAD OVER HEELS cast recording  May 13 2018, 11:29:46 PM

bear88 said: "Courtesy of bwayemma (from the Head Over Heels review thread):

bwayemma said: "PatrickDC said: "Can anyone who's attended share the song list from the playbill? I realize shows at this stage change daily and songs will change order or be deleted. But I'm curious as to which GG songs they used."

The songs are not in order in the program which is really annoying but my friend memorized the actual order:

Who is closing post tony nominations?  May 2 2018, 11:14:14 PM

Do y'all even realize that Nickelodeon has the $ to keep Spongebob running for as long as they want despite weak ticket sales.... Also the Palace is MASSIVE and it's harder to fill to the brim. Even if it does close, they'll probably tour immediately and it will sell very well.

delete  May 2 2018, 10:42:40 PM

HEAD OVER HEELS at the Curran - Reviews  Apr 29 2018, 08:49:07 PM

Another note, every time I've seen the show (I've seen it 3 times now) there's been someone over the age of 60+ who's walked out. My friend said that when

Click Here To Toggle Spoiler Content

so this

HEAD OVER HEELS at the Curran - Reviews  Apr 29 2018, 08:35:30 PM

I saw the show yet again last night, everytime I see it there's been changes and it just keeps getting better and better and more cohesive. I also saw Michael Mayer (the director) at the show last night. I talked to one of the ensemble members and she said they had 30 pages of notes. She also mentioned that there's gonna be some major plot changes when it gets to NYC. I'm excited to see it on Broadway and see how much it's changed. As for changes, the flowers were cut from &qu

Children of A Lesser God and Saint Joan - TDF vrs. $30 TodayTix Rush  Apr 24 2018, 10:00:17 PM

Caz1012 said: "I got Children of a Lesser God TDF tickets a month ago and the seats were amazing. Center Orch I think row J a couple from the aisle. In my experience, TDF seat locations have always been better than TodayTix."

I got great orchestra tickets for the Parisian Woman from TDF in January. I've always had very good experience with TT Rush in SF, I've gotten orchestra everytime except once balcony and once mezz. Sounds like it's not as great in NY

Children of A Lesser God and Saint Joan - TDF vrs. $30 TodayTix Rush  Apr 24 2018, 03:09:03 AM

Does anyone have any recommendations/experiences to which one is better? It's $41 vrs. $30 so I'm just wondering if one or the other has better seats.

Once on this Island - Seating Recommendations?  Apr 24 2018, 03:05:36 AM

I sat Orchestra Row A, Seat 102 & 104 with my dad right in front of Agwe's lake AKA the OOTI Splash Zone!! Such a fun experience and great area to sit in. Highly recommend if you don't mind getting lightly splashed :)

HEAD OVER HEELS at the Curran - Reviews  Apr 24 2018, 02:58:11 AM

Saw the show again this weekend after opening, they made a few minor changes but nothing too major. It's definently more cleaned up, still needs work but getting there. I couldn't tell what the changes were until I asked my friend who's seen the show 6 times already. They need to change Pamela's costume ASAP though, looks wayyy too DIY.

The Next Great Broadway Revival  Apr 21 2018, 05:22:48 PM

Also Great Comet, American Psycho, and Bright Star. All the goodies that closed too early.

The Next Great Broadway Revival  Apr 21 2018, 05:21:35 PM

PARADE. NEXT TO NORMAL.

HEAD OVER HEELS at the Curran - Reviews  Apr 16 2018, 09:11:24 PM

PatrickDC said: "Can anyone who's attended share the song list from the playbill? I realize shows at this stage change daily and songs will change order or be deleted. But I'm curious as to which GG songs they used."

The songs are not in order in the program which is really annoying but my friend memorized the actual order:

We Got the Beat

Beautiful 

Vision of Nowness 

Get Up and Go 

Mad About You

Good

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You