News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for Defy_Gravity2

Defy_Gravity2 Profile Photo
Member Name: Defy_Gravity2
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

selling Wicked Tickets
 Jan 5 2007, 09:23:47 PM
My boyfriend and I are heading to see Wicked tomorrow (1/6/07). Yes we already have tickets but we will probably try the lottery. I was just wondering if anyone has had to sell their Wicked tix on the spot after winning the lottery. I mean when they were in the crowd of crazies when it was all over. Were you able to easily or did you have trouble? Obviously it's a crap shoot but I just wanted to make sure that it is possible to sell them before we going getting other tickets.
re: Broadway Obsessions
 May 12 2006, 07:52:05 AM
This is pretty weird...but Sweeney Todd for me. I've seen it twice and I'm heading back for Patti LuPone's last show on July 2nd.

See What I Wanna See was definitely another one for me. I saw the show in October and when the OOBCR came out it was playing in a constant loop in my car for weeks.

re: Songs that you can't stop playing
 Mar 26 2006, 11:42:22 PM
Same here with SWIWS. I love "There Will Be a Miracle" and the Quartet "You'll Go Away With Me". Mary Testa brought me to tears when I saw her perform in that show. Actually everyone was amazing. Seeing SWIWS was one of the best theater experiences I have ever had. So much talent on such a tiny stage. It was great.
re: wicked tour in philly
 Mar 26 2006, 11:37:40 PM
I'll be there next Tuesday the 4th and I can't wait to see Julia. I've seen Idina twice and Shoshanna twice but I've been a Julia Murney fan for a long time. It will be interesting to see how she takes on Elphaba. And I know some people were talking about Robert Sapp as the best Boq. Eeeek. Did you guys see Christopher Fitzgerald? He was amazing and he had a strong, clear singing voice. I have yet to hear another Boq match up to him. Plus he's adorable and rode his bike to the theater :)
the red track suit
 Jan 10 2006, 06:46:58 PM
:sigh: I was on Ebay a few days ago and they are auctioning off all of the costumes from RENT. I saw Idina's tango shoes and dress and her leggings from when she proposes to Joanne. You don't even want to know how much they were going for. It would have taken me about 10 paychecks to buy the frickin shoes...

Eek. I love Idina. But I don't want her spandex.

re: Wicked Head or Renthead?
 Dec 10 2005, 01:34:31 AM
I love both and I'm not ashamed to say it. Wicked got me into Broadway but RENT has sustained my love for the past 2 years.
wow
 Nov 24 2005, 12:21:51 AM
I saw RENT twice today; once at 4 in the afternoon and the second time at 8 pm. I live in a suburb out side of Philadelphia. Have you seen the Mel Gibson movie "Signs"? I live in the town it was filmed in :) Anyway, the 4 o'clock showing was in a smaller theater with mostly older people. There were a few high school aged girls that had their backpacks with them, but that was pretty much it. It was full and the audience was great. 8 o'clock on the other hand was insane! It was a HUGE thea
re: Have you ever found your perfect song?
 Nov 18 2005, 01:08:23 AM
"Still Hurting" L5Y for me too.
re: Sherie Rene Scott
 Nov 18 2005, 12:50:29 AM
Oh wow I'm jealous. She's so sweet and I would love to see a bway star out in public.
on broadway.com
 Nov 18 2005, 12:45:24 AM
Everyone looks so great! :sigh: I'm so happy for them. I can't believe it's so close!!!!!
re: Cast of RENT: Adorable [Today Show]
 Nov 16 2005, 07:25:30 PM
Ugh that is so annoying! Every site I was reading appearances on said only Jessie! ARggggg. I'll add my lovely hair to the plethora of body parts being offered....I need to see this!
re: Songs that make you openly weep...
 Nov 5 2005, 11:54:11 PM
When I saw See What I Wanna See two weeks ago I found myself bawling during two songs, both in the second act (Gloryday):

1) Mary Testa singing "There Will Be a Miracle"- she effortlessly belts out this fantastic song with so much conviction, it's crazy.

2) The entire cast singing "Rising, Up" - the sound coming off of that tiny stage was unlike anything I have ever heard. The harmonies in the quartet were so beautiful and LOUD and passionate and ahhh I'm gushing but that sh

re: Wicked Clips
 Nov 3 2005, 02:51:19 AM
You should really read the guidelines. It would save you a lot of trouble, many people are not tolerant. We are not allowed to discuss/distribute information on any illegal copies of Broadway media. Sorry.
re: Too much time on my hands...
 Nov 2 2005, 05:32:52 PM
double post...oops

re: Too much time on my hands...
 Nov 2 2005, 05:32:50 PM
Thanks so much for the compliments everyone! Too bad Halloween only comes once a year. This is really so much fun to do!

:)

re: What do you get signed??
 Nov 1 2005, 01:04:56 AM
I always go on the official website of the show and print out a (legal) picture. I just got this signed at See What I Wanna See last weekend:

I usually check with staff first to see if it's ok. It has been everytime accept for once and then I got a Playbill. The actors usually really like them too!

Mer

Too much time on my hands...
 Nov 1 2005, 12:20:53 AM
The teachers in my school district are on strike so this is how I've been keeping busy the last few days:

HAPPY HALLOWEEN!

re: I want to meet idina...Help please...
 Nov 1 2005, 12:02:03 AM
I was there on the 23rd and she came out. She signed but no pics. She was so sweet though and kept appologizing because she had to go somewhere. Then she couldn't get a cab so she walked lol. Of course 3 people followed her down Lafayette. It was sad. But she was so sweet!
re: Idina Menzel article in New York magazine
 Oct 25 2005, 12:47:33 AM
I'm so happy this article is out there. She really was fantastic in SWIWS (I saw her yesterday afternoon) and while you could see a :hint: of Elphaba in her performance (as Kesa in the Japanese portion when she is doing the hand movements......"when people see me they will scream") I am so glad that she was able to break away and show her real musical and acting chops. Plus I think that I have never seen a more amazing thing than Mary Testa and Idina Menzel on the same stage. WOW.

re: NYC- RENT is everywhere!
 Oct 23 2005, 11:24:44 PM
:sigh: forget it
You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You