News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for BroadwayBrat

Member Name: BroadwayBrat
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

Merrily tickets  Oct 10 2022, 07:03:54 PM

Regarding a possible transfer to Broadway, is it typical to make the announcement while it's still running off-Broadway or do they usually wait until the off broadway run is complete?  

How I Learned How to Drive: Seating Advice  Apr 24 2022, 05:42:04 PM

A was looking for some guidance for anyone who has seen the show regarding the seats.  There are a few seats left for the performance I would like to attend.  One seat is the front row, last seat on the end, 118 I believe.  The other single seats are the second and third row, just a few seats closer to the center.  For those who have seen the play or are familiar withe the theater, I would appreciate your advice on which seat to purchase.   Thanks.  

How I Learned to Drive: Seating Advice  Apr 24 2022, 05:38:10 PM

A was looking for some guidance for anyone who has seen the show regarding the seats.  There are a few seats left for the performance I would like to attend.  One seat is the front row, last seat on the end, 118 I believe.  The other single seats are the second and third row, just a few seats closer to the center.  For those who have seen the play or are familiar withe the theater, I would appreciate your advice on which seat to purchase.   Thanks.  

How long will Patti Stay with Company?  Feb 6 2022, 06:24:01 PM

Hello All!  

I was wondering if there's been any information as to how long Patti will be in Company?  I looked around on the web, but could not find anything.  I want to go in early June with my husband so he can see Patti.  I know there can always be unplanned absences and vacations, but I thought someone here might know more.  Thanks in advance for any insight or information.   :)

Adrienne Warren in Tina?  Jun 2 2021, 07:55:45 PM

Thanks for all the information.   I think I will just take my chances and buy tickets to a Saturday matinee.  Hopefully she will be in, but it sound like her understudy/alternate is also great!   

Adrienne Warren in Tina?  Jun 1 2021, 04:55:16 PM

The Tina website does not give any specific times when she will be in or out of the show.  Before the shutdown, I thought I used to see a schedule on the website for when she'd be in.  Does she usually not do the 2pm on Saturdays?  I know there's no guarantee, so just looking for suggestions when she's more likely to be in.   Thanks.   :)

Cursed Child Cancelled Until Sept 6  May 12 2020, 12:34:35 PM

I agree that it's likely shows won't open until spring 2021.

Patti LuPone didn't like 90th Birthday 'Ladies who lunch'  May 5 2020, 12:29:59 PM

She's definitely talented, but enough.  I know many like the fact that she is outspoken, but considering the circumstances and the format, she SHOULD have been more respectful of her peers.   As Jack said on Will & Grace "Shut up Patti LuPone!"   

Should BroadwayCon 2021 be virtual?  Apr 17 2020, 12:09:09 PM

I don't think so.  The event should be canceled for 2021.  I am not sure there will be much to celebrate by next January.  Come back strong in 2022.

What Was The Worst Musical You Saw  Apr 8 2020, 01:52:53 PM

Phantom! 

Shut down until June 7  Apr 8 2020, 01:49:01 PM

The other concern is once Broadway opens and shows begin to welcome people back, sales will be way down.  The question will be how long the shows that reopen can survive and try to wait until audience members return in large numbers.  I fear this pandemic will be the end of many many shows, sadly. 

Game: Retitled Quarantined Show Titles  Apr 6 2020, 07:22:57 PM

Joseph and the Amazing Technicolor Face Mask! 

Which shows will Covid-19 end?  Apr 2 2020, 09:42:26 AM

When shows re-open, I also wonder how many people will be ready to attend a show and buy tickets for future shows? 

As many have said, it may take a while before people are comfortable going out and sitting in a relatively small space and sitting very close to strangers.   We all know Broadway WILL come back. The real question is what will it look like?  $300-$600 premium seats? Probably not. 

Sadly, I think the number of shows that don't reopen

In defense of Tootsie  Oct 22 2019, 11:59:17 PM

AllThatJazz2 said: "The one general gripe my friends had with it was that the music was lackluster, and it would have been a great comedic play. It was an enjoyable night out, to be sure, and Santino was awesome, but the music was unmemorable."

I thought the same thing.   So funny as a play, but the music was not very good. The jokes, Santino, and the cast were GREAT! 

Will Little Shop of Horrors Extended Any Further?  Sep 27 2019, 06:06:37 PM

Thanks everyone!  I feel good about another extension for my time in NYC at the end of January. :)

Will Little Shop of Horrors Extended Any Further?  Sep 26 2019, 11:35:35 PM

Thanks.   Why not Groff? Does he have a previous commitment? 

Will Little Shop of Horrors Extended Any Further?  Sep 26 2019, 11:19:12 PM

I will be in NYC for BroadwayCon from January 24th-26th.   Currently, Little Shop of Horrors is scheduled to run through January 20th.  What's the likelihood for another extension?   I'd love to see it while I'm in town.   

Originial Jagged Little Pill stars to transfer to Broadway  Jul 6 2019, 09:57:52 AM

Jordan Catalano said: "I love Klena, but his character is totally unnecessary to the show and should have been cut."

Couldn't agree with you more.   I was hoping that was a change they would make for Broadway.

Moulin Rouge Officially coming to Broadway June 2019  Nov 19 2018, 04:54:23 PM

I don't think the show is a mess, but there's a good amount of room for improvement.  The opening and closing should be reworked and the tone of the show is uneven at times.   Otherwise, its not in terrible shape.

Will We Ever See a Grey Gardens Revival?  Sep 1 2018, 11:59:00 PM

fb1123 said: "I saw it twice and watch this often.

https://youtu.be/rhshJfGBJ2s
"

Thanks for the link.    That was awesome.   STAUNCH!!!!!!

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You