pixeltracker

How long will Patti Stay with Company?

How long will Patti Stay with Company?

BroadwayBrat
#1How long will Patti Stay with Company?
Posted: 2/6/22 at 6:24pm

Hello All!  

I was wondering if there's been any information as to how long Patti will be in Company?  I looked around on the web, but could not find anything.  I want to go in early June with my husband so he can see Patti.  I know there can always be unplanned absences and vacations, but I thought someone here might know more.  Thanks in advance for any insight or information.   :)

Nolan LuPone
#2How long will Patti Stay with Company?
Posted: 2/6/22 at 6:30pm

I highly doubt Patti will leave before the Tony Awards. No official announcements, but she wouldn't leave before (or during) Tony season.

east side story Profile Photo
east side story
#3How long will Patti Stay with Company?
Posted: 2/6/22 at 8:22pm

I suspect she’s filming something this fall, so my current guess is until Labor Day.

EDSOSLO858 Profile Photo
EDSOSLO858
#4How long will Patti Stay with Company?
Posted: 2/6/22 at 8:35pm

east side story said: "I suspect she’s filming something this fall, so my current guess is until Labor Day."

That's what I was thinking too, with or without the filming.

Oh look, a bibu!

Dylan Smith4 Profile Photo
Dylan Smith4
#5How long will Patti Stay with Company?
Posted: 2/7/22 at 7:54am

I would say until sometime in the fall as she is most likely contracted for a full year. I think she wants to stay with this show as much as possible as this is probably her last musical on Broadway. Do I think she will come back to Broadway? Of course, but not with a musical. She will perform for the rest of her life because that's what she loves to do. 

The idea is to work and to experiment. Some things will be creatively successful, some things will succeed at the box office, and some things will only - which is the biggest only - teach you things that see the future. And they're probably as valuable as any of your successes. -Harold Prince

quizking101 Profile Photo
quizking101
#6How long will Patti Stay with Company?
Posted: 2/7/22 at 8:00am

She came out of her (albeit brief) musical retirement for this show, so I suspect she is going to ride this wave as long as she is able to. Definitely at least until the Tony Awards

It’s a role she’s struck gold in getting, and it’s not exactly a physically demanding one.

Check out my eBay page for sales on Playbills!! www.ebay.com/usr/missvirginiahamm

Dylan Smith4
#7How long will Patti Stay with Company?
Posted: 2/7/22 at 8:13am

quizking101 said: "She came out of her (albeit brief) musical retirement for this show, so I suspect she is going to ride this wave as long as she is able to. Definitely at least until the Tony Awards

It’s a role she’s struck gold in getting, and it’s not exactly a physically demanding one.
"

EXACTLY! She has always wanted to play this role on Broadway, especially after she played Joanne in that concert version from like 2011? She will play this role for as long as she possibly can. When I saw this last month, I could tell she really enjoyed playing the role. You are right, it's not that physically demanding. I think the most dancing she does is in the opening number as well as "Side By Side" and that's about it. I have tickets to see it again in April and I could not be more excited! This show is everything!

The idea is to work and to experiment. Some things will be creatively successful, some things will succeed at the box office, and some things will only - which is the biggest only - teach you things that see the future. And they're probably as valuable as any of your successes. -Harold Prince

JasonC3
#8How long will Patti Stay with Company?
Posted: 2/7/22 at 9:00am

Until she is cast as Carlotta in the next Follies revival.

The8re phan Profile Photo
The8re phan
#9How long will Patti Stay with Company?
Posted: 2/7/22 at 10:22am

JasonC3 said: "Until she is cast as Carlotta in the next Follies revival."

yes, this. Someone PLEASE make this happen

Slotted spoons don't hold much soup

Dylan Smith4
#10How long will Patti Stay with Company?
Posted: 2/7/22 at 10:30am

The8re phan said: "JasonC3 said: "Until she is cast as Carlotta in the next Follies revival."

"

I don't know if she would commit to that as COMPANY maybe her last musical. Maybe if it's a STRICTLY LIMITED run on Broadway.

RWPrincess
#11How long will Patti Stay with Company?
Posted: 2/7/22 at 2:40pm

east side story said: "I suspect she’s filming something this fall, so my current guess is until Labor Day."

There has been talk of a Life Goes On revival and while casting hasn't been announced, it's hard to believe she's not involved. 

east side story Profile Photo
east side story
#12How long will Patti Stay with Company?
Posted: 2/7/22 at 3:06pm

RWPrincess said: "east side story said: "I suspect she’s filming something this fall, so my current guess is until Labor Day."

There has been talk of a Life Goes On revival and while casting hasn't been announced, it's hard to believe she's not involved.

"

She all but confirmed her involvement in the reboot when she was asked about it on Watch What Happens Live. Patti was asked point-blank if she was involved, and said she couldn’t talk about it other than it was shooting this fall. That’s a yes. 

Dollypop
#13How long will Patti Stay with Company?
Posted: 2/7/22 at 3:54pm

Dylan Smith4 said: "The8re phan said: "JasonC3 said: "Until she is cast as Carlotta in the next Follies revival."

"

I don't know if she would commit to that as COMPANY maybe her last musical. Maybe if it's a STRICTLY LIMITED run on Broadway.
"

There has been some talk that Patti's involved in a musical version of A MAJORITY OF ONE. She would play the role Gertrude Berg originated on Broadway and Rosalind Russell played on screen.

"Long live God!" (GODSPELL)

Videos