News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for wildcat

wildcat Profile Photo
Member Name: wildcat
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

GIGANTIC?  Nov 13 2015, 11:39:48 PM

The Vineyard is having issues with their plumbing which I hear affects the rest rooms in the foyer and which wouldn't be resolved in time for the GIGANTIC season.

Stephen Schwartz's New Musical Revue  Oct 10 2015, 08:09:52 PM

Looks fascinating! I also saw an ad today for a new Australian concert tour of Stephen Schwartz material starring Sutton Foster, Aaron Tveit and Betty Buckley.

Amelie at Berkeley Rep  Sep 24 2015, 04:09:44 AM

http://www.latimes.com/entertainment/arts/la-et-cm-amelie-berkeley-review-20150923-column.html

A rave in the LA Times

God help them....  Jun 1 2015, 03:21:51 AM

That's not entirely true. Hugh didn't create the role in Australia and the original star Todd McKenney was only passed over for the Broadway production when Hugh, by then a name performer in the U.S., became available.

Musicals with exotic locales  Jan 4 2015, 04:38:00 PM
JAMAICA
HOUSE OF FLOWERS
PRISCILLA, QUEEN OF THE DESERT
CALL ME MADAM
BOOK OF MORMON
BRIGADOON
THE WIZ

Mandy Patinkin Broadway Return?  Jul 29 2014, 02:03:36 PM
He was attached to GIGI for a while as Honore. I think that might be it.
Debra Messing out of 'Outside Mullingar'  Mar 17 2014, 11:30:05 AM
It was a health crisis in Debra's family. Her absence was unavoidable.
But Kathryn Meisle was indeed wonderful in the role.

Who's playing the Begger Woman NY Phil's Sweeney Todd with Emma Thompson?  Mar 4 2014, 04:19:55 PM
Maybe they don't need to sell more tickets. But it is a surprise guest.
Who's playing the Begger Woman NY Phil's Sweeney Todd with Emma Thompson?  Mar 2 2014, 02:55:15 PM
Or so important that it's going to be big news.
A Tale of Two Dollys  Sep 1 2013, 11:25:11 AM
Stage Door Sally, that scene with Dolly and Ernestina at the parade was written for the film. It may have been added in other productions but in the script "Miss Money" is a mannequin who is dismantled in front of Horace's horrified eyes as he cries "Put that girl back, I paid for her and I want all the parts." Dolly explains that Ernestina was otherwise engaged lending money to the Mint. In the Cape Cod version the "Miss Money" who appeared in the parade was a tall beautiful blonde woman who ex
Geoffrey Rush in Drowsy Film  Aug 24 2013, 12:18:09 PM
Judy Davis is actually an inspired idea, and she's a belter from way back having played PIAF in Australia.
What the fvck is this????  Aug 22 2013, 11:31:56 PM
Hilarious. "Enjorlas" indeed! And I love the two Aussie boys playing it.
Why Doesn't Matthew James Thomas Get Respect?  Aug 18 2013, 12:47:38 AM
Michael Rupert was a really solid center to the show when he replaced John Rubinstein in the original Broadway production. Very funny and charming and, of course, that knockout voice.
Confirmed: Tovah Feldshuh to Sub for Andrea Martin in PIPPIN  Aug 10 2013, 12:14:06 PM
She got a standing ovation for the number. Not bad for a first performance.
Rita Moreno was unhappy about winning Featured Actress: Video  Jul 30 2013, 12:18:10 PM
William Daniels who played the lead in "1776" declined the nomination altogether rather than be placed in the Featured Acor category which he most likely would have won. And as I recall Dick van Dyke was in the Featured category for BYE BYE BIRDIE. it's all very strange.
GOLDEN RAINBOW, anyone?  Jul 29 2013, 04:51:00 PM
Only if Kelly Bishop reprises her turn as the showgirl with the white feather boa!
Klea Blackhurst as Dolly  Jul 19 2013, 09:23:03 AM
Another rave, this time from Peter Filichia at Kritzerland.Com

As Rudolph Says, “Mrs. Levi! She’s back!” – This Time at Goodspeed

Why must two-and-a-half hours pass before Ephraim Levi sends a sign to his widow Dolly that says he’ll permit her remarriage? Now I finally understand. He doesn’t need time to adjust to the situation; he’s been watching Dolly’s adventures along with the rest of us, and he’s not going to prematurely stop what Walter Kerr accurately called “a musical c

Klea Blackhurst as Dolly  Jul 18 2013, 05:38:20 PM
A rave in the Hartford Courant

http://www.courant.com/entertainment/arts/curtain/hc-review-hello-dolly-0719-20130719,0,1092056.story

Clay Aiken to Play Joseph  Jul 12 2013, 05:46:07 PM
Gary Bond in the original English production was drop dead gorgeous.
Angela Lansbury said she has 2 plays currently in production. Any idea what it might be?  Jun 7 2013, 11:50:49 AM
There was talk that Cate Blanchett had invited her to do Kander and Ebb's THE VISIT at the Sydney Theatre Company.
You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You