pixeltracker

Debra Messing out of 'Outside Mullingar' ?

Debra Messing out of 'Outside Mullingar' ?

Here I Am Profile Photo
Here I Am
#1Debra Messing out of 'Outside Mullingar' ?
Posted: 3/16/14 at 2:04am

Does anyone know any truth to the rumor that Ms. Messing is missing the final performance of 'Outside Mullingar' tomorrow? I have tickets and I would be devastated to miss her!

Updated On: 3/16/14 at 02:04 AM

somethingwicked Profile Photo
somethingwicked
#2Debra Messing out of 'Outside Mullingar'
Posted: 3/16/14 at 2:10am

Per Telecharge:

*Debra Messing will not perform on Saturday - March 15 & Sunday March 16.

https://www.telecharge.com/eventoverview.aspx?cityName=NY%20City%20Area&productId=9922

Tonya Pinkins: Then we had a "Lot's Wife" last June that was my personal favorite. I'm still trying to get them to let me sing it at some performance where we get to sing an excerpt that's gone.
Tony Kushner: You can sing it at my funeral.
Updated On: 3/16/14 at 02:10 AM

Here I Am Profile Photo
Here I Am
#2Debra Messing out of 'Outside Mullingar'
Posted: 3/16/14 at 2:15am

Does anyone know what happened/if she's okay? I know she was supposed to miss the 15th, but was scheduled to come back for the final performance.

Updated On: 3/16/14 at 02:15 AM

ray-andallthatjazz86 Profile Photo
ray-andallthatjazz86
#3Debra Messing out of 'Outside Mullingar'
Posted: 3/16/14 at 2:55am

Does it have anything to do with her upcoming NBC pilot?

"Some people can thrive and bloom living life in a living room, that's perfect for some people of one hundred and five. But I at least gotta try, when I think of all the sights that I gotta see, all the places I gotta play, all the things that I gotta be at"

Here I Am Profile Photo
Here I Am
#4Debra Messing out of 'Outside Mullingar'
Posted: 3/16/14 at 2:58am

I can't imagine the pilot can't work around her final performance. Also, according to Playbill Vault, her and Brian F. O'Byrne don't even have understudies. I'm so confused.

PlayItAgain
#5Debra Messing out of 'Outside Mullingar'
Posted: 3/16/14 at 3:08am

thats kind of ridiculous.

The Pecan Sandies
#6Debra Messing out of 'Outside Mullingar'
Posted: 3/16/14 at 4:00am

I was dissapointed to see that she was out of the show on Friday as I was really looking forward to seeing her. I heard an usher state that it was due to a family emergency and they had just found out which makes sense as i heard nothing of it when i picked up my tickets around 6:45 put when i went back to the theatre at 7:30 they were informing people picking up tickets she would not be performing. On the plus side Kathryn Meisle was on for her and she was absolutely incredible!

PlayItAgain
#7Debra Messing out of 'Outside Mullingar'
Posted: 3/16/14 at 4:07am

did they refund folks?

The Pecan Sandies
#8Debra Messing out of 'Outside Mullingar'
Posted: 3/16/14 at 5:09am

Not sure, I didn't see anyone asking for a refund at the box office and the theatre looked pretty full so i can't imagine many people asked. I will say that I overheard many of the ushers assuring people that the understudy was a tony nominee who was great in the role(which she was) the last time she was on as apparently this wasn't Debra's first missed performance

Mildred Plotka Profile Photo
Mildred Plotka
#9Debra Messing out of 'Outside Mullingar'
Posted: 3/16/14 at 5:13am

I heard they're revising Jeanine Tesori and Tony Kushner's Imitation of Life and she's coming in as a consultant on the book/lyrics.

"Broadway...I'll lick you yet!"

promisespromises2 Profile Photo
promisespromises2
#10Debra Messing out of 'Outside Mullingar'
Posted: 3/16/14 at 8:25am

She was out last Sunday as well (which was ok because my friend and I ended up seeing Waiting for Godot and fell in love with it!) I've been hearing on this board and elsewhere that the standby has been terrific, though!

Updated On: 3/17/14 at 08:25 AM

followspot Profile Photo
followspot
#11Debra Messing out of 'Outside Mullingar'
Posted: 3/16/14 at 7:28pm

Messing's standby is the wonderful Kathryn Meisle. Still, messy situation for a closing weekend.

"Tracy... Hold Mama's waffles."
Updated On: 3/16/14 at 07:28 PM

wildcat Profile Photo
wildcat
#12Debra Messing out of 'Outside Mullingar'
Posted: 3/17/14 at 11:30am

It was a health crisis in Debra's family. Her absence was unavoidable.
But Kathryn Meisle was indeed wonderful in the role.

Videos